clothing dye or somewhere to dye my clothes

bkk7

So I have some stubborn grease stains that won't come out - ring-around-the-collar, around my pockets where my greasy farang hands go.... and they seem to have set. However, the clothes are otherwise in good shape.

Does anybody know where I can buy dye for the clothing? Or have the clothing dyed (even better!!!) They are mostly grey colored shorts/pants along with various light colored shirts, so making them darker should not be too hard.

Thanks!

Forget it, if the greasy stains are impossible to remove then dye won't take in those areas and you'll just have different coloured greasy-stained clothes.

Buy some new clothes and spend more time in the shower.

Forget it, if the greasy stains are impossible to remove then dye won't take in those areas and you'll just have different coloured greasy-stained clothes.

Buy some new clothes and spend more time in the shower.

I think I was pretty clear in what I was looking for. I didn't ask for an opinion on whether or not the grease/oil could be removed. I asked for locations of places where I can buy dye or places that will dye clothing for me.

Ta!

It depends on where you are located in BKK but my wife uses somebody in the area off Suk 71 . It is a Muslim area and to be really safe you need somebody who is a local to go in but i would ask at any laundry or anybody who does clothing alterations in your area. People doing dying are quite common and often people just doing as a home industry and so don't advertise. If you speak passable Thai just ask around - even the motorcye boys may be able to help. Expect to pay a commission to them but to give you an idea of cost i paid 60 baht for a T shirt to be dyed black a few weeks ago.

Hope that helps

I've found that dye usually can be bought in small packages from the various fabric shops around town.

The one I've bought from before is on Asoke Rd, about 50 meters down from Suk Rd heading toward QSNCC and on the same side of the street.

To use it, though, I gather you have to boil the desired item in the dye-water mix, which can get a bit messy.

• 2 years later...