Samsung 3D Smart TV ongoing problems

bartpix

I bought a Samsung 46" 3D Smart TV from PowerBuy Thailand ( Inv: UP12075079 Pattaya Klang) retail Baht 90,000 just under three years ago (28th July 2012) when this model was top of Samsung's range. Approx. September of 2014 the TV started having vertical coloured lines down the left side whenever the set was turned on followed by additional vertical lines down the right side after a period of viewing. Thankfully a free 2 year additional warranty was on offer at the time adding to the normal 1 year warranty. Samsung Service (Pattaya) replaced the screen panel in December 2014 only to have a very similiar problem occur in January 2015. Upon examination by Samsung's Service Dept. the screen panel was again replaced (number 3).

It is now May 2015 and once again vertical lines have appeared down the left side of what is now our 3rd screen panel with the appearance of similiar lines on right of screen panel after prolonged use. Our call to Samsung Service Centre elicited a response of " It must be the way you take care of it". As a HiFi and Visual Media fanatic (the reason I paid so much for the unit in the first place) I take great care in protecting my HiFi/Media/PC equipment from the frequent outages we are subjected to in this area. For me, to have such a negative response from the local representative of Samsung to try and "pawn off" problems with this unit is totally un-exceptable.

I then tried to find an email address for Samsung (Korea) Customer Relations (Complaints / or similiar) to see if I might elicit a response from the parent company and their customer care policies. After trying numerous Samsung related sites in Korea (amazingly only in Korean - no English considering their sales outside Korea), I could not find one related to customer grieviences.

I am looking for proper customer care in relation to this item which I believe has performed below expectations for the price paid.

I would like to know if any TV members are having similiar problems with Samsung.

Well, first of all, I suspect it's not the panel that's at fault, but rather something upstream that's at fault and taking out the panels..

My first suspect is going to be low or high mains voltage, the second is mains spikes/lightening, the third would be the panel driver circuitry or TV power supply.

Have you ever tested your mains voltage under load? Do you have problems with lights dimming as appliances are turned on, or problems with other electrical appliances/devices not working quite as expected from time to time?

Have you ever 'lost' a device to suspected lightening or spikes?\

The good new is, you're going to be able to replace it with a much better set for less than 1/3rd of what you paid 3 years ago (e.g. a 49" 4K TV is 26K Baht now) - the bad news is, if it is an electrical problem/spike that's been causing it, you'll likely damage anything else you buy until that has been fixed.

Edited by IMHO

Would never buy a Samsung tv, my friends works in tv shop and Samsung top the list of tech problems

One question in thailand

After a replacement of a product that have garantee one year , and it will be replaced , beginn the full warrenty again , after the time of replacement , or not?

Would never buy a Samsung tv, my friends works in tv shop and Samsung top the list of tech problems

One question in thailand

After a replacement of a product that have garantee one year , and it will be replaced , beginn the full warrenty again , after the time of replacement , or not?

I"ve never heard of any manufacturer, of any product, that would extend your begin your warranty again in the case of supplying a replacement.

Samsung seems to have serious issues with the connectors between the actual screen and the electronics - often causing a double image - I have had that happen and was able to correct with a bit of Scotch tape on connection as shown on several videos. This repair can also cause lines if not done well and adjustments to tape placement must be made to get it right. Each side of screen is a different feed belt but it is normally one side that needs repair. I would do a search for your issue - but for mine this came up (and as said if placement of tape not exact got the vertical lines).

https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+led+double+image+utube&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&gws_rd=ssl

I bought a Samsung Smart TV from Homepro , less than a year later I had to return it as it had thick horizontal lines running across the screen.

HomePro said I could take it to a TV repair shop down the road.

The wife told them that they have to take care of everything as it was still under guarantee.

Edited by NE1

I bought a Samsung TV a few years ago. After about 2 years it started developing problems. I had it "fixed" once but the problem kept returning. In the end i just ditched it, not worth all the hassle. I buy LG TVs now and never had a single problem. Would never buy Samsung again.

Funny that when I worked in an electrical retailer in the UK a while back, we used to get many Samsung Tv's in for repair. The engineer for Samsung just said " Oh bin them, it costs more to repair than replace them". Obviously things have not improved since then.