UK Settlement Visa English Test help?

Hi i currently have my girlfriend here in the uk on a tourist visa, we are preparing are settlement visa. While shes in the UK im planning for here to take the English Test at the Trinty Collage In London.

Im confused on the web site http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/ there are 3 tests

A1 Test - Speaking & Listening

B1 Test - Speaking & Listening

Trinity ISE - 4 skill exam

Which test dose she require out of these? is there an advantage of take one over another?

Thanks

B1 is required at the last stage of the settlement visa process (ILR) after around 5 years in the UK. So it's needed at that stage but not before. It's still A1 when you come to apply for FLR. The potential downside to getting B1 now would be whether there's a time limit on the validity of the particular test (for visa acceptance purposes) and also the prospect that UKVI might change either the test or the requirements before you come to apply for ILR.

There are proposals in the Conservative manifesto to increase the requirement for FLR from A1 to B1. See discussion here.

Whether this will happen or not we will have to wait and see.

You will see from the list of approved providers that the test is valid for 2 years, however, UKVI have previously confirmed that a test pass used for the initial visa is still valid for FLR even if the pass certificate has expired. But there is, of course, no guarantee this will continue.

If your girlfriends ability is at B1 or better, then I'd advise taking that test; if not then take the A1 one. (It may be that she takes the test and is then graded accordingly, can anyone confirm?)

She should take the Graded Examinations in Spoken English as this covers speaking an listening.

Note that she may take the exam whilst in the UK as a visitor, but it will be against the conditions of her visit visa to undertake a course of study for it.

If your girlfriend has sound speaking and listening skills in English then I would suggest considering bypassing A1 and going straight for B1.

If she can discuss what she did yesterday, what the weather is like, what she would like to do in the future then B1 may be the answer. People here seem to be under the impression that it is a difficult test. Fair to good speaking and listening ability is all that is required.

It is a video test and can be taken in a lot of places in the UK. Often there is a 'preparatory' bit before hand to allow candidates to practice.

I have suggested people look at a few examples on youtube to gauge the level of English required. As far as I am aware there is no time limit either. Pass or fail is known on the day but it takes a few days for the certificate to be sent out. Sister-in-law just sailed through, it was little more than a conversation/chat just with a video camera running.

I am not convinced that A1 candidates don't have a tougher time although the pass/fail level is easier.

Officially visitors are not allowed to study but I am not sure the people teaching short courses are that worried though!