Thai-Japanese rail link to Chiang Mai follows China model

webfact

"The 715-kilometre Bangkok-Chiang Mai line is scheduled to open in 2019, Transport Minister Prajin Juntong told Nation Multimedia Group last week."

Optimistic to say the least

Technically if its 250kph its High Speed but not Bullet train high speed 300+Kph and will be far cheaper. I'll be interested to see what track system they use. For the shinkansen they use a System called J-Slab which is a highly mechanized system and consists of 5 metre precast plate being laid on a protection layer with sheer keys. Id also be interested as 250kph is a bit quick for ballast, not immediately but the vibration caused is substantial , which basically over time destroys the ballast. The J-slab or track slab would be fine but far more expensive

​I had a read up on here , I worked with a German "Doctor" of Railways in Taiwan and he first mentioned this to me

http://www.uic.org/cdrom/2001/wcrr2001/pdf/sessions/2_1_3/0

mmmmmmm....time to buy shares in Siam Cement Corp

Government to government deals??? Where have I heard that term before... ahhh.... the ill-fated rice pledging scheme, and now former high ranking Thai government officials facing charges over those allegedly fake rice govt. to govt. deals. So hey, what could go wrong???

As for Chinese workmanship, supposedly, the rail segments used on the Airport Rail LInk line were made in China and now reportedly are having quality/safety problems just a few years after the line's opening. So hey, get the long-distance, high-speed rail lines running at three times higher speeds than ARL, and just wait to see what happens... blink.png