American man saved from jumping down 26th floor of Bangkok condo

webfact

American man saved from jumping down 26th floor of Bangkok condo
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police took about two hours to convince a foreigner from jumping down from a room balcony on the 26th floor of Fuse Mobius condominium on Soi Ramkhamhaeng 3/1 at 9:30 am Sunday.

The man was later identified as Schaffner Andrew Thomas, an American. Police said the American broke into the room while the room's owners were sleeping and he climbed over to the balcony and sat there until officials convinced him to come back into the room. He was arrested for causing trouble to others.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/American-man-saved-from-jumping-down-26th-floor-of-30260307.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-18

"He was arrested for causing trouble to others."

But someone did something to him, and that someone is himself.

We make our own troubles - 99.9% of the time

The other .01% is self-inflicted

Who needs friends when you're your own worst enemy?coffee1.gif

Next

Mental illness is the exception to the rule - and I beat you to it.coffee1.gif

The mental illness - that is.wai2.gif

Its a continuum, like ADHD, or a dimmer switch on a light

That's what they told me in the Institution anywho

Mental illness is the exception to the rule - and I beat you to it.coffee1.gif

The mental illness - that is.wai2.gif

Its a continuum, like ADHD, or a dimmer switch on a light

That's what they told me in the Institution anywho

I am sure you are well read on the subject. whistling.gif

And I am glad we are not reading about another suicide in the LOS (land of suicides ?)

I hope he has family that care and can and will be contacted. He seems to be fairly disorganized/disoriented to choose someone else's room to 'off' himself. I hope he gets the right kind of help soon.

He was arrested for causing trouble to others.

This is a charge I have never heard of before now and, given time, I'm sure I can think of a million circumstances where someone could be charged under that law.

hope he sorts it out... whatever it is

good luck to him anyway

Amen to that.....people do not attempt suicide because they want to die....they want to stop feeling what they are feeling at the time. There is nothing worse than being trapped in a body with a brain that has turned against you.

Very happy to read that he didn't jump. Suicide is never the solution. There is always something good that can happen to any person tomorrow, no matter how unlikely it may seem today.

I hope that this gentleman is able to regain his equilibrium, and enjoy the rest of his life. He may not know this, but he has brothers and sisters all over the world, who love him as they would love their own family. Reaching out to others, and opening oneself to the love of others, is the greatest epiphany and an unending blessing.

I offer my humble praise to the police team who spent two difficult hours dealing with this potential tragedy.

We could be reading about yet another tragedy, but we are not which is good. I hope that the embassy staff will encourage him to go back home and seek the help that he needs. Being inside your body when there is so much loneliness and despair is a horrible feeling.

Very happy to read that he didn't jump. Suicide is never the solution. There is always something good that can happen to any person tomorrow, no matter how unlikely it may seem today.

I hope that this gentleman is able to regain his equilibrium, and enjoy the rest of his life. He may not know this, but he has brothers and sisters all over the world, who love him as they would love their own family. Reaching out to others, and opening oneself to the love of others, is the greatest epiphany and an unending blessing.

I offer my humble praise to the police team who spent two difficult hours dealing with this potential tragedy.

Lovely heartwarming post....nice to see and read....

I hope he has family that care and can and will be contacted. He seems to be fairly disorganized/disoriented to choose someone else's room to 'off' himself. I hope he gets the right kind of help soon.

He was arrested for causing trouble to others.

This is a charge I have never heard of before now and, given time, I'm sure I can think of a million circumstances where someone could be charged under that law.

I agree, just think about all the trouble caused by ignorance.

"climbed over to the balcony and sat there until officials convinced him to come back into the room. "

No cannot mister, mai dai, you come inside now!

Or he pointed out the taxi problem when traveling to Hades. Charon-Chai: "no meter", "mai pai".....

Ok, I'll bite.

What makes any man want to jump to his death in Thailand?

Yes why jump ? A big plastic bag & elastic band & some sleeping pills , are much easier and don't bother or shock other people.

As for reason : out of money in the <deleted> heat , is enough reason , even to jump.

If you have figured out life & meaning , beyond constriction of education , upbringing , religion , DNA ,

laws & society,....well then you're on a path to end your life.

Sorry, but there is something more to this story. Suicidal people do not break into occupied condominiums and then sit on the balcony waiting for the police to arrive. If he wanted to off himself he could have easily done it elsewhere. There is a lot of pertinent information missing.

totally different story on 103 FM , reads 2 drunk Americans broke into an occupied apartment, stripped off and took it in in turns to pretend to jump off, has got to be the same story as it was the 27th floor. police arrested them for wasting the emergency services time. so someone has got this story wrong,, thai reporting anyone ??

Ok, I'll bite.

What makes any man want to jump to his death in Thailand?

Just a guess but maybe: No money No Honey - No more love you long time

I hope he will get some help from some friends if any - dont expect help from Health aut. here only a massive bill