Mapthaput Immigration - no more residence certificates

LennyW

Just to confirm, i have just been to Mapthaput immigration to ask about residence certificate and there is a big sign on the registration table saying that they are no longer authorised to issue residence letters and that you must contact your own embassy in Bangkok bah.gif

I encountered this two weeks ago. On a recommend from another friend I went to Pattaya and got the letter from them in less than 30 minutes. Two letters for 500 no questions asked by the officer other than what did I need the letter for? The girl at the info desk said it may be an issue as I live in Rayong and not Chonburi. The officer did not bat an eye as stated. I guess they are happy to get the 500 B

• 4 months later...

I encountered this two weeks ago. On a recommend from another friend I went to Pattaya and got the letter from them in less than 30 minutes. Two letters for 500 no questions asked by the officer other than what did I need the letter for? The girl at the info desk said it may be an issue as I live in Rayong and not Chonburi. The officer did not bat an eye as stated. I guess they are happy to get the 500 B

Can anyone else vouch for this as actually legit? My license has expired, so I don't want to run the risk of driving all the way from Rayong to Jomtien just to be rejected.

Cheers!

Actually it would seem that the Rayong office has rescinded the no res cert policy as of about a month ago. I was talking to a couple of local chaps that got their cert at Rayong. I cannot 100% confirm this though

Whether or not the big sign referred to by the OP has been removed might provide some clue. Was certainly still there when I applied for my latest retirement extension 3 months ago. Maybe someone who has been there more recently can advise (since I submit my 90-day reports by mail I'm not anticipating another trip there before July 2016).

• 1 month later...