Thousands call for the North of England to become part of Scotland

webfact

Scoland could have been free of England many years ago. Still sounds like the people who control the vote will win. Remember the movie Brave Heart and do not listen to your bought leaders!

I hope this will happen. My Mother was Scottish and they loved each other for 101 years, My mother died in January and my father died the next month because he missed her so much. I wish the North Ireland and and Ireland settles U K disputes and all become one!

Scoland could have been free of England many years ago.

England free of the financial burden of supporting Scotland via the Barnett formula, you mean!

Still sounds like the people who control the vote will win. Remember the movie Brave Heart and do not listen to your bought leaders!

What has a piece of Hollywood fiction got to do with anything in the real world?

From one of the many similar, Scottish critiques of the film: How accurate was "Braveheart"?

In brief, the history in "Braveheart" is absolute garbage.

Scoland could have been free of England many years ago. Still sounds like the people who control the vote will win. Remember the movie Brave Heart and do not listen to your bought leaders!

Brave Heart was pure Hollywood fantasies.

Many years ago Thatcher worked out the way to win a UK election. She identified the area with the greatest population - London and the South East - and tailored her policies to benefit this region to the detriment of the rest of the country, which is still suffering to this day. It's therefore not surprising to see many people, particularly in the North, thinking that they have more in common with Edinburgh than London.

Interestingly enough, Thaksin - not a great thinker himself, but very adept at adapting others' ideas for his own benefit - has in the past used the same tactic to ensure election in Thailand, by targeting the North and North East in the same way. Now if Isaan would only secede from Thailand and join their natural comrades in Laos, many of this country's problems would be solved.

Many years ago Thatcher worked out the way to win a UK election. She identified the area with the greatest population - London and the South East - and tailored her policies to benefit this region to the detriment of the rest of the country, which is still suffering to this day. It's therefore not surprising to see many people, particularly in the North, thinking that they have more in common with Edinburgh than London.

Interestingly enough, Thaksin - not a great thinker himself, but very adept at adapting others' ideas for his own benefit - has in the past used the same tactic to ensure election in Thailand, by targeting the North and North East in the same way. Now if Isaan would only secede from Thailand and join their natural comrades in Laos, many of this country's problems would be solved.

But Thatcher was over 30 years ago! Times change. Click HERE

I am posting this comment from Koh Samui, and this particular link has not been blocked.