Is there still the Magic Restaurant on the Ground Floor of Arrivals ?

Funny!

I had to Google to find out that it seems to be named "Magic Food Point" biggrin.png .

For me it was simply the "food court on the ground level" (lowest / transportation level).

It still existed about 3 months ago biggrin.png

If you mean come out of arrivals, down a floor and left, it still is there yes. I think it's the staff canteen isn't it? You might even see some of those TV stars in there.

biggrin.png

Its open to everybody (profit making) and very popular also to cabin staff from foreign airlines.

Sometimes a nice multicultural view.

Not only Thai food but also cold beverages, coffee etc. for a reasonable price.

Yes, the place was invaded by 500 Chinese at lunch time one week ago, I passed.

Last two times i visited in April i walked in and walked out. It was jam packed with chinese tourists. No where to sit and very noisy. It seems to the first or last stop of the tour.

Every month or so, I make a trip to Bangkok from Pattaya and the return trip (using SRT to Suvarnabhumi then bus from there to Pattaya) usually has me arriving at the airport around 1200 noon. At that time there are Chinese tour reps buying dozens of coupon books at the food court counter and by 1230 the place is saturated with Chinese customers. An hour earlier or later and the food court is usually quiet with plenty of open seating.

So, for me, it's a matter of timing to try to miss the Chinese tourist lunch hour. There may be other peak times, as well?

Every month or so, I make a trip to Bangkok from Pattaya and the return trip (using SRT to Suvarnabhumi then bus from there to Pattaya) usually has me arriving at the airport around 1200 noon. At that time there are Chinese tour reps buying dozens of coupon books at the food court counter and by 1230 the place is saturated with Chinese customers. An hour earlier or later and the food court is usually quiet with plenty of open seating.

So, for me, it's a matter of timing to try to miss the Chinese tourist lunch hour. There may be other peak times, as well?

Good tip,I will watch my timing while waiting flight to Chiang Rai

• 2 weeks later...

If you mean come out of arrivals, down a floor and left, it still is there yes. I think it's the staff canteen isn't it? You might even see some of those TV stars in there.

biggrin.png

Cheap beer Chicog! tongue.png

I've normally just finished my last glass of port just before I get off the plane, so the last thing I want is a beer (or food for that matter).

thumbsup.gif

Who ever came up with the idea to call the ground floor in buildings the "1st floor"?

They probably said "THis floor numbering isnt confusing enough, so lets just make it a little bit more confusing."

SOme buildings have "B" for basement then "B-1". Not B1, B2.

"Who ever came up with the idea to call the ground floor in buildings the '1st floor'?"

All you need to do is go to Siam Paragon, and find the "G" floor, the "1st floor", and the "M" (mezzanine floor). Still, not nearly as complicated as the old McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago. The floors were numbered according to the height about sea level. I think the ground floor was labeled as "13", and the 1st floor was "27". Very bizarre.

Archived