Advert to learn Thai

Joe2

A couple of months ago on Thaivisa there was an advert on how to learn Thai in one month I think. It was priced at $97.

Can anyone give me the link to this as I can't find it?

Thanks

Probably http://learn-thai-podcast.com as they have either annual or semi-annual specials for $97. Right now it's back at the normal price of $197. It doesn't claim to teach Thai in one month though, but instead states:

"Now it's easy to master all aspects of the Thai language within a few months."

I've never used it so can't comment on how good of a course it is.

My guess would be that it's "High Speed Thai". I think they've advertised here in the past.

However, anybody claiming you can learn Thai in a month is a snake oil salesman. It takes hundreds of hours to achieve conversational standard, and at least 2,000 hours to become fluent.

Also, learning from a book or from a web page doesn't provide any feedback on the accuracy (or otherwise) of your pronunciation.

• 3 weeks later...

Am still looking as I found another site which advised learing all the consonant and vowel sounds before anything else. This would also help with the tones. I will let you know where I'm at as soon a I've finished looking at all the alternatives.

BTW that guy with the pointed ears says I'd be much better off learning Vulcan!

Am still looking as I found another site which advised learing all the consonant and vowel sounds before anything else. This would also help with the tones. I will let you know where I'm at as soon a I've finished looking at all the alternatives.

BTW that guy with the pointed ears says I'd be much better off learning Vulcan!

Dunno about that, i recently learned to read and i still can't do tones.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably http://learn-thai-podcast.com as they have either annual or semi-annual specials for $97. Right now it's back at the normal price of $197. It doesn't claim to teach Thai in one month though, but instead states:

"Now it's easy to master all aspects of the Thai language within a few months."

I've never used it so can't comment on how good of a course it is.

i bought this study. What i like is that it gives extensive pronunciation because it is fully on line. so no problem with hearing the words again and again.