Maejo Rd/Superhighway underpass....Oh, my!

Trujillo

Believe it or not, we'll all be getting a new underpass.

Check out the road sign (English translation in small type included).

post-165256-0-44655900-1432189451_thumb.

I guess when the dust finally settles on the current underpass construction on the Maerim Road, this will get underway.

Can you even imagine what the traffic will be like when that major artery is blocked, allowing only a trickle of vehicles to go through? And for how long? A year? Two?

"I guess when the dust finally settles on the current underpass construction on the Maerim Road, this will get underway.

Can you even imagine what the traffic will be like when that major artery is blocked, allowing only a trickle of vehicles to go through? And for how long? A year? Two? "

The 118 (Doi Saket) and the Super Highway 11 intersection was 6 years and your complaing ?cheesy.gif

The notice of this work which we got on TV a few months ago said 'two years". !!

Mae Rim road underpass was scheduled for 2 years and have been told it should be done in a few months, close to the schedule. Possible based on how it now looks if all goes well.

The one that's really needed is at Maya and Huay Kaew Rd. But no space now they've developed Think Park and are redeveloping opposite. A nightmare cross roads. Can take 20 minutes + to turn right from super highway onto Huay Kaew Road.

Will the traffic be any worse than it was for all the other underpasses? Of for the construction on the Mae Rim road?

I hope they don't start construction until the 121/107 intersection underpass is finished - otherwise there will be only the old 1001 to get to town - and the traffic will be horrible.

The one that's really needed is at Maya and Huay Kaew Rd. But no space now they've developed Think Park and are redeveloping opposite. A nightmare cross roads. Can take 20 minutes + to turn right from super highway onto Huay Kaew Road.

...and it's b.....y risky when you're on foot and trying to cross the highway to Maya, as the cars turning right into the superhighway run the red lights until they're forced to stop by other cars or heaps of bodies!! blink.png

The new underpass will be a huge improvement at that intersection. But, the real problem will occur downstream, further south down Highway 107. There are several lighted intersections in a row that must be negotiated before reaching the Superhighway. These will create bottlenecks in that direction and unless drivers opt to exit at various points along the way, traffic congestion will be maddening anyway. The great mass of vehicular traffic heading south either turns right on the Superhighway or continues straight into the city center. I thus predict a continued mess despite the huge expense and construction delays in building the underpass.

Edited by Fore Man

The top diagram above is unrelated to the lower two. It's the current construction at roads 121 and 107.

Right, but just illustrates how much of a bottleneck there will be with both these projects going on simultaneously.

Going on simultaneously?

What are the start and finish dates that indicate that?