Pics of the new Toyota Hilux Revo

Still amazed that in 2015 they insist on minimum airbags. Here they gave you one more (knee) in a 10 year model run vehicle. They say thais don't want to pay for more? Are the reall that expensive? Why not make the full suite that export models have an option to people with half a brain? Quite easy. Not everone here wants to rely on a Buddha stuck on the dash!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still amazed that in 2015 they insist on minimum airbags. Here they gave you one more (knee) in a 10 year model run vehicle. They say thais don't want to pay for more? Are the reall that expensive? Why not make the full suite that export models have an option to people with half a brain? Quite easy. Not everone here wants to rely on a Buddha stuck on the dash!

Higher spec 4-door models get rear curtain airbags.

You know you have been in Thailand too long when you get excited by a mini pick up truck.....

Maybe you haven't been in Thailand long enough to know the Hilux is the single most popular car in Thai history? :D

I love hilux's, had one for seven years but that is not only hideous inside and out but boring. The face lifted ranger kicks it into next week. Major fail toyota. Lost the plot. Revo-lution? Give me a break. At least its not as ugly as the bt 50.

One of our Aussie staff who was at yesterday's Sydney launch said something like this:

If I'm going to get run over while crossing the road, at least let it be a Ranger so the grave stone can read "Was tragically killed by a man's truck" biggrin.png

No Ozzy would ever say truck,unless he was run down by a Mack.

I love hilux's, had one for seven years but that is not only hideous inside and out but boring. The face lifted ranger kicks it into next week. Major fail toyota. Lost the plot. Revo-lution? Give me a break. At least its not as ugly as the bt 50.

One of our Aussie staff who was at yesterday's Sydney launch said something like this:

If I'm going to get run over while crossing the road, at least let it be a Ranger so the grave stone can read "Was tragically killed by a man's truck" biggrin.png

No Ozzy would ever say truck,unless he was run down by a Mack.

Yeah, like I said "something like this".. I do find it hard to understand Aussies in conference calls sometimes :)

There's nothing flashy about the car and little change.

But if built with the same quality as previous models they are hard to beat.

Mine is 8 years now with 285,000 Km without a single hickup!

By the way, anybody interested?

I notice it's got a "Pre-Runner" sticker the same as the Vigo. What does it mean?

One can only assume it's a bad translation from Japanese to English.

From a company that one made cars called Celica, Cressida, Corona, Crown at least it's not going th be a Crap-Runner!

Wow...Toyota vehicles just get uglier and uglier...didn't think it was possible but they've done it again.

Everyone was getting a hard on waiting for the new Toyota model, and now they produce this monster.

Ford may have some issues, but the new Ranger is the best looking truck on the market. Which one will be the most cost efficient is another story, if the new Toyota SUV is based on this design then Ford will again score a top slot at the best looking SUV in the Thai market.

Here's the blue version:

revo-3.jpg

If you're still not sure if that dash is hideous or not, just wait until you see it IRL wink.png

The navara looks way nicer inside to me...and sure the mmc ranger will too. No doubt the sheeple will buy this appliance in droves...because its a toyota so it must be good!

Here's the blue version:

revo-3.jpg

If you're still not sure if that dash is hideous or not, just wait until you see it IRL wink.png

The navara looks way nicer inside to me...and sure the mmc ranger will too. No doubt the sheeple will buy this appliance in droves...because its a toyota so it must be good!

Agree, the Nissan looks like a mid-range SUV on the interior. In fact, I wish I could buy the Navarra and just lop off the truck-bed in back.

I notice it's got a "Pre-Runner" sticker the same as the Vigo. What does it mean?

Prerunner is a Hilux variant that has raised suspension like a 4x4, but is actually only rear wheel drive.

Ford call it Hi-Rider, Isuzu call it Highlander, Mitsubishi call it Plus, Nissan call it Calibre, etc

Here's the blue version:

revo-3.jpg

Apparently Toyota AU also have objections to the interior styling and the models they get over there will have a different design.

incl. hiring English speaking staff smile.pngsmile.png

I think you'll find it's more a case of "Toyota attracts English speaking recruits" smile.png

Which makes sense...

"Farang are sheeple too"

tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

My wife came back from Mr Toyota's shop yesterday with.................a new Vigo.

The deal she got on that was worth well over 100K off list (a combination of discount, one years insurance, a very good trade in price and freebies) .

By contrast there were no deals going on a Revo. Not even a set of floor mats and a lousy trade in price.

I think she made the right decision.

From eyeballing the local dealer's lot they still have thirty odd Vigos to shift so it may be a route some may wish to consider.

Prerunner is a Hilux variant that has raised suspension like a 4x4, but is actually only rear wheel drive.

Ford call it Hi-Rider, Isuzu call it Highlander, Mitsubishi call it Plus, Nissan call it Calibre, etc

IMHO, thanks for your response. I have found by browsing the internet the origins of the term PreRunner, which is from pre-running a desert track before a race and the term certainly has been used by Toyota (probably in the USA) for what you describe "a Hilux variant that has raised suspension like a 4x4 but is actually only rear wheel drive". I am puzzled why the pre-runner (for a race) would have been a 2 wheel drive but I'm even more puzzled why my own Hilux Vigo has both a PreRunner sticker and D4D chrome letters. Can anybody explain this? I'm wondering if perhaps it now just designates a model with raised suspension and running boards.

It's normal practice to give discounts on "old" models to shift them. Sorry, but I wouldn't buy a new old model just for the discount.

What if buying the superseded model saved you a cool 25% off the model price - i.e. you could pay just 825K vs 1.1M Baht for essentially the same car?

That's the question you'd need to ask yourself if you were shopping for a top-spec pre-runner wink.png

Edited by IMHO

IMHO, thanks for your response. I have found by browsing the internet the origins of the term PreRunner, which is from pre-running a desert track before a race and the term certainly has been used by Toyota (probably in the USA) for what you describe "a Hilux variant that has raised suspension like a 4x4 but is actually only rear wheel drive". I am puzzled why the pre-runner (for a race) would have been a 2 wheel drive but I'm even more puzzled why my own Hilux Vigo has both a PreRunner sticker and D4D chrome letters. Can anybody explain this? I'm wondering if perhaps it now just designates a model with raised suspension and running boards.

D4D = Direct-injection 4-cylinder Diesel (the engine).

It's normal practice to give discounts on "old" models to shift them. Sorry, but I wouldn't buy a new old model just for the discount.

What if buying the superseded model saved you a cool 25% off the model price - i.e. you could pay just 825K vs 1.1M Baht for essentially the same car?

That's the question you'd need to ask yourself if you were shopping for a top-spec pre-runner wink.png

If I had the cash I would not buy a new old model, a ten year old design/shape. For sure one could buy one, use it for a couple of years and get your money back, but not for me.....

Bah! :P

OK then, what if you could save over 100K, and get a better truck all round by buying the new Ranger Hi-Rider XLT? :P