Marraige Visa Do I Need It Translated

Need a bit help here I'm going for a new multiple entry marraige visa in Penang my first one I got in the UK, will I have to get our UK marraige certificate translated into Thai, also it ran out two months ago since then I've been getting 30 day tourist till I had the time to go will this make a difference to getting a new one and will I have to a show bank statement,or is that just for extending.

Thanks in advance for your help :o

Although it may not be required as English is normally accepted at Consulates I would do it and also have copy of wife id card or passport, home register and proof of money in your bank account here as the multi entry visa has become much more tightly controlled as of late.

Question is if you can provide the money why not go the extension of stay route from immigration and save yourself the visa trips? Believe that is a much better option.

Although it may not be required as English is normally accepted at Consulates I would do it and also have copy of wife id card or passport, home register and proof of money in your bank account here as the multi entry visa has become much more tightly controlled as of late.

Question is if you can provide the money why not go the extension of stay route from immigration and save yourself the visa trips? Believe that is a much better option.

Funds are a little short at the moment, do you think it's critical to have the bank statement, thanks for the input.

I believe you might be better off going to Kuala Lumpur in that case. Multi entry from Penang has not been as easy lately for those making first time applications there from recent reports.

Hello lopburi3 thanks for taking the time to help me out My original visa from the UK expired two months ago, do you think they would still class this second as a NEW visa or would they take into account the first.

Any visa is a new visa - extensions are done by immigration. What Penang policy seems to be is that if you make a first time application they will issue a single entry non immigration visa expecting you to extend it at immigration but those they have previously received a visa from them they would issue a multi entry. But subtle changes in situations make it hard to be exactly sure.

Any visa is a new visa - extensions are done by immigration. What Penang policy seems to be is that if you make a first time application they will issue a single entry non immigration visa expecting you to extend it at immigration but those they have previously received a visa from them they would issue a multi entry. But subtle changes in situations make it hard to be exactly sure.

Thanks for the comments I appreciate it, I've just found NJ Bookstores i e-mail address in Penang so waiting to see what they have to say, will post the reply here when it comes.