Prayut and junta still want 'happiness for people'

Good to know that someone who stayed in barracks all his life knows like no other how to run a country coffee1.gif

You possibly have an idea that some one who has drained the treasury every chance he got and is afraid to enter the country would do better.

Prayudh & Co quite possibly do want happiness for the people. The problem is, it has to be entirely on their terms and therein lies the problem...

How was it working under the previous governments? Not well so even you should be able to add 2+2 and get 4. A new approach is needed. So far it is working very well. I will now return to read the rest of the posts but it looks like it is going to attract the very few Thaksin fans and employees. I hope I am wrong and there are some intelligent posts.

Once you ride a tiger, it is difficult to dismount. Such is his problem and the longer he is one the tiger, the more angry the tiger gets. His problem is the situation is no better than a year ago and the end of the tunnel is not yet in sight. Promises of returning happiness have to be reiterated in the hope that it would lull the tiger into a stupor. That happiness, however, is very elusive because basic freedoms are curtailed. Even his allies seem to be starting to question certain aspects of his grand design...

I'm sure he does. I'm not sure his idea of happiness is shared by all, however.

For sure Shinawatra's and their money hungry fans have a different idea than him. There idea of happiness would be like the old cartoon of Scrooge McDuck diving into his piles of money and jewels.

if they really want happiness for the thai people, just instaure election and go away,that's simple

You are partially right. It is a simple minded idea.

If it was true the majority of the population would have voted in the last election. It will be interesting to see how many vote in the next election. There will be a lot of crooked politicians out of the running and much harder to buy votes. Less votes because they don't get paid for them or more votes because they are aware that there vote means some thing?

Time will tell. In the mean time the losers will continue to cry.

Once you ride a tiger, it is difficult to dismount. Such is his problem and the longer he is one the tiger, the more angry the tiger gets. His problem is the situation is no better than a year ago and the end of the tunnel is not yet in sight. Promises of returning happiness have to be reiterated in the hope that it would lull the tiger into a stupor. That happiness, however, is very elusive because basic freedoms are curtailed. Even his allies seem to be starting to question certain aspects of his grand design...

I have to agree with you on the tiger analogy. The problem is he really had no choice. Thailand was rtapidly turning into a dictatorship. Also he really had no idea of how corrupt it was.

His problem is the situation is no better than a year ago and the end of the tunnel is not yet in sight

You and I both know there has been a lot of progress made. But Thailand has so far to go it doesn't look like much. If you will recollect he said that after the election there would still be work to be done. He never indicated that it would all be done by him. He is doing some and setting the stage for who ever follows. The end is not in sight but we know we are getting closer to it. I am thinking 5 years before it is as good as it can be. Here like all countries will still have corruption and self serving politicians. But not in the big leagues that the ones he has thrown out on their ear's were in.

Prayudh & Co quite possibly do want happiness for the people. The problem is, it has to be entirely on their terms and therein lies the problem...

Didn't he get all heated up awhile back when asked once too often about elections..something about if you don't like it you can leave? His way or the highway.

You and I both know there has been a lot of progress made.

Other than bike lanes, not sure what he has done. His actions with regards to dissent are over the top heavy handed. It is doubtful that the owners of the fishing slavers will ever be brought to justice. Where are his great achievements ?

Please, comparisons to past elected governments are getting old.