Indefinite Leave Of Stay

When my then GF came to the UK 11 years ago she was given a 6 month engagement visa, we then married and she was immediately given indefinite leave of stay ( I think thats changed now to 2 year ext before granted) after she got her national ins number she got a job in a factory. So why when we moved back to Thailand (baring in mind they are chasing that 1st world status) I have to leave every90 days can't work and have to show money in the bank to obtain an extension, what are they afraid of I've got no money so they'll have to look after me!. Ok people are going to say that if it's that easy every farang will be marrying the nearest bar girl to get the stay. All they have to do is add a proviso that you have to have documented proof of 5 years marriage.

And my second moan of the day is who are the idiots that are going to send a lot of farang money out of the country for 180 days of the year. I always thought it was ridiculous that you had to go to Penang to renew your tourist visa many moons ago making people spend all that money in another country when all thay wanted to do was spend it in Thailand, then the border crossings came in and I thought maybe they've finally twigged, talk about one step forward and six steps back. But what about the future what about all those farang that send money back( maybe foolishly) to thier GF while back home, and the likes of ourselves who used to send a little money to look after my wifes parents, people stop staying long time and all that money coming into the country dries up. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you, must be some smug faced Thai sitting there thinking thats showed them who's boss, but for how much longer.

Anyway moan over have a nice day :o