Pest control companies

kcore

Thanks for all the comments and great recommendation. Especially the chalk. I forgot about that stuff and had good results when living in the condo my first years here. Now, with the house and garden, we are in need of a complete service. The previous company (mentioned in this post already) stopped coming and basically said screw you. So...we found a company called CTS. In thai it mean Chiang Mai tree service. They do mostly commercial, Universities and hospitals. 6k for the year. They drilled the holes ( a bit troubling at first) and injected the chemi in to the ground under and throughout the the house. I can't say if this is a good solution or not, but time will tell. They patch the drill marks adequately although if I had imported Italian tile on the floor I would not have done this. They sprayed the exterior areas and garden. They will return monthly. Service done about 4 days ago. Small ants still abound! Thanks for imput boys and gals.

I am not going to add anything here but I will tell you my experiences.

We used Chiang mai pest control for the last couple of years(the green boiler suit boys). Their charge was 4000 for termite control and 3000 for ant control............yet amazingly I think they use the same chemical. The price is for a year; but actually its 12 visits so the months November to March are stretch out for maybe another 4 four months because there aren't many ants about. I thought the price was ok, but the operatives got lazier and lazier and having told them where to spray 6,7,8 months same same; they still needed to be told.

Global treat are a tad more expensive, never used them but I have a quote from them to pipe out the sub floor of my new build.and I didn't realise they are in walking distance from our house. They are a pro set up, nice trucks, uniforms, and use animal friendly products. they do not claim to be the cheapest but they present a good image.

(anyone else used them for sub floor termite control?)

In the 2 years I used CM pest control I never once had them in the house. Yes I have armies of ants walking from A to B ocassionally; usually when we have been careless and left a piece of mango skin lying about or that cherry flavoured toothpaste in the sink. but a bit of ant powder sorts it out. Anything else is either zapped by the tennis raquet or eaten by our many jingjok lizards

The chalk I think is worse than useless, because most floors are tiled the chalk doesnt "write" so unless you start chalking all your tiled grout lines, which is impossible to wipe off then what use is chalk.

I have made my own ant killer from borax powder bought at the chemical place on mahidol road (world chemical) and after reading a suggestion by one of you guys(maybe Worgeordie) I mix it with icing sugar. That does the trick so well it seems they keep coming back for more.......or is that because it doesnt work???

like you i bought some borax (but from Union Chemical on Suthep - imported from Germany - 240 Bath for about 200 grams) based on the recommendation of other member(s) to kill cockroaches. it does absolutely nothing! the cockroaches just step over it and come in.

I am not going to add anything here but I will tell you my experiences.

We used Chiang mai pest control for the last couple of years(the green boiler suit boys). Their charge was 4000 for termite control and 3000 for ant control............yet amazingly I think they use the same chemical. The price is for a year; but actually its 12 visits so the months November to March are stretch out for maybe another 4 four months because there aren't many ants about. I thought the price was ok, but the operatives got lazier and lazier and having told them where to spray 6,7,8 months same same; they still needed to be told.

Global treat are a tad more expensive, never used them but I have a quote from them to pipe out the sub floor of my new build.and I didn't realise they are in walking distance from our house. They are a pro set up, nice trucks, uniforms, and use animal friendly products. they do not claim to be the cheapest but they present a good image.

(anyone else used them for sub floor termite control?)

In the 2 years I used CM pest control I never once had them in the house. Yes I have armies of ants walking from A to B ocassionally; usually when we have been careless and left a piece of mango skin lying about or that cherry flavoured toothpaste in the sink. but a bit of ant powder sorts it out. Anything else is either zapped by the tennis raquet or eaten by our many jingjok lizards

The chalk I think is worse than useless, because most floors are tiled the chalk doesnt "write" so unless you start chalking all your tiled grout lines, which is impossible to wipe off then what use is chalk.

I have made my own ant killer from borax powder bought at the chemical place on mahidol road (world chemical) and after reading a suggestion by one of you guys(maybe Worgeordie) I mix it with icing sugar. That does the trick so well it seems they keep coming back for more.......or is that because it doesnt work???

As I posted been using Global for years and the annual treatment incl. spaying into the pipes made for that purpose (not sure if that is what you mean by sub floor termite control or not)

As Kaptinrob said they are pretty professional, at least now that they know what I expect, coming on time for the appointments etc. The same guys usually do the service so they know what to do which is a good sign that they keep their employees. The lower level office staff seems to have more turnover. Kind of funny last time a girl who said she spoke English called to make the appointment, of course for less then 12 hrs ahead but they always will schedual when is convenient for me, couldn't tell time in English. I was amused that one would have thunk that that might be something she would know how to say at the least. No biggie but at least if you need to something there is a boss who is accessible and happy to assist, which I found is not always the case here.

We have had no big pest problems and I assume due to the service. Our only issue is with rats in our ceiling as we live surrounded by rice fields and they can climb onto the roof from the banana trees. Global will come over and put in traps and poison when we ask and come and check the traps a week later w/o extra charge. So they honor their guarantee professionally and w/o any issue.

But back to ants, it's funny as we never had a problem with them, we have over 50 fruit trees and kids so lots of stuff to attract them. Few around garden but never in house and never lines of them marching. Anyone know about ants?