Pest control companies

kcore

For 4 years we have the same company and they do a nice job.

We have the hoses under the house,wich they pump full once

a year and then they come over every second month(you have

to call them yourself)and then spray all around the house.We

pay 3000 baht/year. We live near Doi Saket.

Chiang Mai Pest Control Ltd part tel 053 278 743

3000 Baht/year sounds good.

We had a service for a year which was great but about 6K/yr. Then I decided that maybe they had killed all the bugs and were not needed any more. It has been two years now with no service and without a problem, so three years service for the price of one. Some ants in the yard now so will probably have to get another year of service in the next year or so.

Find a store that sells Ant Chalk, bought some at the 19 THB shop in Raumchoke Market, for yes 19 THB,

contains 5 sticks chalk, just chalk a line where they are walking and it will kill them.

We had about 5 different kinds of ants in and around our kitchens,from the tiniest,medium and larger ones,

after applying the chalk,half and hour later and not an ant to be seen,only dead ones,keeps them at bay

for a couple of months,when you see them starting to appear again,just chalk the lines, 19 THB is a lot

cheaper than 3000 THB ,and it works.

regards Worgeordie

Find a store that sells Ant Chalk, bought some at the 19 THB shop in Raumchoke Market, for yes 19 THB,

contains 5 sticks chalk, just chalk a line where they are walking and it will kill them.

We had about 5 different kinds of ants in and around our kitchens,from the tiniest,medium and larger ones,

after applying the chalk,half and hour later and not an ant to be seen,only dead ones,keeps them at bay

for a couple of months,when you see them starting to appear again,just chalk the lines, 19 THB is a lot

regards Worgeordie

How does it work for the other 648 types of insects commonly found here?

If you are concerned about the toxicity of the pesticides used by most of the Pest Control companies on your health, or the health of your pets--call Green Nano--they use plant based [Pyrethryum and the like] Pest sprays-- they do our house and it works.

About 8K per year [2 Storey 4 bed] and quarterly visits, unless you see any insect life and they will send out a SWAT team.

Try unipest on chottona near city hall. Used them for several years. My only concerns are you must pay for one year at the time of contract and they do not accept credit cards. Prices are reasonable and they show up every month.

regards Worgeordie

The request was for help ridding house of ants,no idea if it kills other insects,it would defiantly

not kill flying insects,only those that walk over the chalk marks, which it does very effectively.

regards Worgeordie

regards Worgeordie

The request was for help ridding house of ants,no idea if it kills other insects,it would defiantly

not kill flying insects,only those that walk over the chalk marks, which it does very effectively.

regards Worgeordie

Oh shit, I thought he wanted pest control, like the thread title and his request for company recommendations. Chalk is quiet a good company though.

Anyway Geordie, thanks for getting me sorted out.

regards Worgeordie

Ant chalk works very well. I would give this a try before spending money with a pest control company.

regards Worgeordie

regards Worgeordie

I agree, the chalk is great..something I had never seen in the US. I got 6 for 20 thb. The services are "overkill" for lack of a better word.

I am not going to add anything here but I will tell you my experiences.

We used Chiang mai pest control for the last couple of years(the green boiler suit boys). Their charge was 4000 for termite control and 3000 for ant control............yet amazingly I think they use the same chemical. The price is for a year; but actually its 12 visits so the months November to March are stretch out for maybe another 4 four months because there aren't many ants about. I thought the price was ok, but the operatives got lazier and lazier and having told them where to spray 6,7,8 months same same; they still needed to be told.

Global treat are a tad more expensive, never used them but I have a quote from them to pipe out the sub floor of my new build.and I didn't realise they are in walking distance from our house. They are a pro set up, nice trucks, uniforms, and use animal friendly products. they do not claim to be the cheapest but they present a good image.

(anyone else used them for sub floor termite control?)

In the 2 years I used CM pest control I never once had them in the house. Yes I have armies of ants walking from A to B ocassionally; usually when we have been careless and left a piece of mango skin lying about or that cherry flavoured toothpaste in the sink. but a bit of ant powder sorts it out. Anything else is either zapped by the tennis raquet or eaten by our many jingjok lizards

The chalk I think is worse than useless, because most floors are tiled the chalk doesnt "write" so unless you start chalking all your tiled grout lines, which is impossible to wipe off then what use is chalk.

I have made my own ant killer from borax powder bought at the chemical place on mahidol road (world chemical) and after reading a suggestion by one of you guys(maybe Worgeordie) I mix it with icing sugar. That does the trick so well it seems they keep coming back for more.......or is that because it doesnt work???

the chalk works fine on grout lines and is water soluble We used traps in the US, which involved the little ones taking strychnine out of the trap and back to the queen. It is very effective in the longer run. .

regards Worgeordie

regards Worgeordie

Oh shit, I thought he wanted pest control, like the thread title and his request for company recommendations. Chalk is quiet a good company though.

Anyway Geordie, thanks for getting me sorted out.

Thats what happens when you just read the title,and not what the OP says, Wanted rid of ANTS.

regards worgeordie

Be careful about your assumptions. I read the whole thing and just because the OP mentioned ants does not mean that they are the only problem they want to take care of. Wanted a pest control service company. Perhaps you need to read more closely.

Be careful about your assumptions. I read the whole thing and just because the OP mentioned ants does not mean that they are the only problem they want to take care of. Wanted a pest control service company. Perhaps you need to read more closely.

You seem to be the one,that can read peoples minds, guess what i am thinking now ?

regards worgeordie

You seem to be the one,that can read peoples minds, guess what i am thinking now ?

regards worgeordie

Its the OPs fault then, where is he?

I agree with Dante; he refers to the need for a pest control company 3 times, and ants once.

So whilst my mantra would be "assumptions are the mother of all <removed> ups" I think between us he has learned a bit more than he actually needs; which is whats great about this forum.

regards worgeordie

I rarely bother trying to figure out what others are thinking but in your case it is easy since you have been thinking the same thing repeatedly for a long time. You are thinking:

How am I ever going to get it up again?

Keep working on it, success comess with persistance and best of luck.

regards worgeordie

I rarely bother trying to figure out what others are thinking but in your case it is easy since you have been thinking the same thing repeatedly for a long time. You are thinking:

How am I ever going to get it up again?

Keep working on it, success comess with persistance and best of luck.

As usual,you are wrong,never mind the guy will have gotten rid of the ants,with someones help,

but just not yours

regards worgeordie

There's actually another option, and I have bought it from tops kad suan kaew for ants, it's a little packet of a white powder,

You just leave a few piles around where the ants are, they take it back to their nest and I believe the queen ant gets it and bingo,

All gone, worked wonders for me...100 percent ant free

regards worgeordie

Its the OPs fault then, where is he?

I agree with Dante; he refers to the need for a pest control company 3 times, and ants once.

So whilst my mantra would be "assumptions are the mother of all <removed> ups" I think between us he has learned a bit more than he actually needs; which is whats great about this forum.

Geordie didn't actually give him bad advice, so I'm not sure why you two are being quite so petty.

There's actually another option, and I have bought it from tops kad suan kaew for ants, it's a little packet of a white powder,

You just leave a few piles around where the ants are, they take it back to their nest and I believe the queen ant gets it and bingo,

and if the family pets or youngsters get into it?

Chaindrite ant powder works for us ... From HomePro or Makro @ 120 BT a 500g bag. Decant into a smaller puffer bottle and dust around outside of house wherever you see ants. We also use it sparingly, indoors. Be persistent and major colonies will be decimated.

You can also get pro treatment with the highly toxic Fipronil, not cheap but the most effective barrier to ants and termites if applied correctly eg Sprayed around house perimeter, to one meter out and one meter up the walls. Ants may still cross the barrier but are short lived. The barrier remains for a long time even after rain.

Sold in most supermarkets mostly in a small plastic puffer bottle,one brand is ANT-RID.It works for the small ants but not the big black guys that invade through our bathroom every night,they come up through the drains and the toilet bowl.... very persistent.

Just had Global Treat come out for inspection and quote, very impressed! Not only did the lady rep arrive punctually but she had a documents in Thai and the basic 'service' doc in English. She was able to answer all questions about various products and dilution ratios without reference to others. She provided an on the spot price for annual service using the best (my prefered) chemicals.

An internationally recognised company failed in all the above respects and were off the planet pricewise.

We had GB pest control do the onsite work during construction and on 1 year contract but never heard from them again ...

Yes, you are correct Dante. Although the little ants are formost on my radar, a full service pest control company is what was implied. Cheers