Anyone driven to the Aussie Embassy in BKK from Pattaya?

giddyup

I need to go up this week to do my marriage stat dec and wondering if it would be too much of a hassle to drive there? I do have GPS in the pickup but still getting to know how it works. The other thing, is there a place to park once you get there and is there a lot of traffic congestion?

For any trip to BKK I'd hop on the bus..up to the Airport then hop on the train. It puts you right on the BTS... Forget driving.

Why would you need to get a bus to the airport? Just get off at Ekamai and jump on the BTS right outside to wherever you need to go.

Every time I go to BKK now for passport or embassy stuff or most anything else really I have found driving to Swampy then leaving the car on the airport car-park costs about 300baht for the day then a quick stroll over to the Sktrain and BTS, for me this is by far the easiest and least stressful option. I needed a work visa a few years ago and made the mistake of driving into BKK, never again it took way longer and lifted the stress level right off the scale, probably more expensive than the coach to do this way but for me by far the best....

Edited by mark131v

Every time I go to BKK now for passport or embassy stuff or most anything else really I have found driving to Swampy then leaving the car on the airport car-park costs about 300baht for the day then a quick stroll over to the Sktrain and BTS, for me this is by far the easiest and least stressful option. I needed a work visa a few years ago and made the mistake of driving into BKK, never again it took way longer and lifted the stress level right off the scale, probably more expensive than the coach to do this way but for me by far the best....

Did you know where you were going though? I know BKK can be a nightmare, more so if you don't know your way around, which I don't either. I have a GPS, so hopefully that will guide me right to the embassy without getting lost. I have already established that there is parking close to the embassy, and with any luck, just signing the paperwork for marriage won't take long. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

OK, change of plans. I'll leave the truck in the car park next to the bus station on Pattaya Nua, then get the bus to Ekamai, then BTS to embassy. Just had a first hand report of driving to the Aussie embassy, and the advice is, forget it.

I'd agree with the posters that suggest to take the bus to Suvarnabhumi and use public transport from there or leave the car there.

Its so easy.

As a newbie I once lost my way by car in Bangkok.

I don't intend to repeat this experience bah.gif

I'd agree with the posters that suggest to take the bus to Suvarnabhumi and use public transport from there or leave the car there.

Its so easy.

As a newbie I once lost my way by car in Bangkok.

I don't intend to repeat this experience bah.gif

I asked before, but is that any easier than getting the bus to Ekamai and BTS from there?

given that the bus going into Ekkamai can be subject to heavy traffic in BKK I have always preferred to go to the airport as generally any major snarlups occur after the airport turn off.

given that the bus going into Ekkamai can be subject to heavy traffic in BKK I have always preferred to go to the airport as generally any major snarlups occur after the airport turn off.

Where do you catch the bus to Swampy, is it on Thappraya road near View Talay, and how early do they leave for the airport?

Where do you catch the bus to Swampy, is it on Thappraya road near View Talay, and how early do they leave for the airport?

I can answer my own question. Busy leaves every hour from Thappraya road to airport.

Embassy of Australia

Parking spaces sorted by distance from Australian embassy

Bus stations sorted by distance from Australian embassy

Train stations sorted by distance from Australian embassy

Click on 'OSM', 'Google' or 'Here' to see maps for each listed place.

You can download the whole listing in gpx format for your gps if you click on 'gpx' at the bottom of each listing.

Edited by NightRider70

First bus goes at 7h, so hopefully at Suv. at about 8:40h (my experience in normal traffic if such condition exists anymore).

You can reserve a seat in advance.

Edited by KhunBENQ

First bus goes at 7h, so hopefully at Suv. at about 8:40h (my experience in normal traffic if such condition exists anymore).

Sent them an email, they say you have to buy a ticket at the counter, no reserve bookings.

Sent them an email, they say you have to buy a ticket at the counter, no reserve bookings.

Yes at the counter, but you can buy in advance.

Maybe a misunderstanding.

I twice bought a ticket days before.