Bangkok praises cop for carrying old man over road

webfact

Bangkok praises cop for carrying old man over road
By Coconuts Bangkok

police_6.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A police officer photographed carrying an old man across a road on his back was praised by the commander of the Royal Thai Police today as a role model for the organization.

Police Commander Gen. Somyot Pumpanmuang today thanked police Sen. Sgt. Maj. Worapong Boontawee of the Khlong San police department for his demonstration of humanity and kind-heartedness. Somyod wished him all the best in his career, life and health.

A photo of Worapong carrying a lost old man home to safety was shared and commended over the weekend by the public [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/05/25/bangkok-praises-cop-carrying-old-man-over-road

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-05-25

Here's a report praising a Thai police officer...I can picture the scores of TV members fuming behind their keyboards desperately trying to think of a way to bash the officer!

He charged 300Bt to bring him back, or he was to be charged for being on the wrong side of the road with out a permit.

Hows that!

Seriously a good job.

Here's a report praising a Thai police officer...I can picture the scores of TV members fuming behind their keyboards desperately trying to think of a way to bash the officer!

See post #7 - some people just can't help themselves!

Thais are desperate for any human interest story that shows compassion for humans.

And (some) farang feel compelled to bash Thais over even the most trivial things. It seems they must sit at the computer ready to pounce the moment any thread is posted. Amazingly childish.

No matter what the thread is about there will be the usual comments that are just plain unacceptable!

A few days ago it was a 67 year old rape victim being used as a basis for childish humor.

Now it is a wonderful and genuine example of compassion and caring that is used for some completely unfunny or negative comments, why is there a need to bash Thai's?

When will some of you people grow a brain or get a life?

Well done to the officer involved, a great example for his fellow officers...

Edited by Bignose

Well as mentioned on another news matter, plenty of openings as the flood of non-active positions piles up.

No doubt though if he does do him a favor, we will hear about it.

Great job to help the old guy, Somyot should take them both out for a feed.

Life was a lot tougher 30 years back. The older people in the world, such as myself, did all of the back breaking work before machines took over.

It didn't take long, the first post is a poor example. Are they trying to be smart or just hate everything good?

I often have helped young mothers with children in push chair either carry the push chair with baby strapped in up or down a flight of stairs to or from a tube station.

It is something I would do without expecting anything other than a 'thank you' from the mother and a few strange looks from strangers.

How a story like this can make the headlines just shows how far down the shytehouse the Thai police force is.

I now await responses from those who will ask if I am after a medal or some special praise, whilst taking the pee out of me for doing the same thing they are praising the copper for.

Funny old world.

Edited by berybert