Tiger Temple faces ban on tiger shows and exhibitions

webfact

Tigers Temple faces ban on tiger shows and exhibitions

25-5-2558-16-24-40-wpcf_725x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Parks, Wildlife and Plants Conservation Department will notify the abbot of Wat Pa Luangta Maha Bua Yannasampanno in Kanchanaburi to stop bringing out tigers for public shows, demonstrations or public feeding in exchange for fees from tourists.

The ban stems from an incident last week when Phra Visut Sarathen, the abbot of the temple also known as Wat Sua (or Tigers Temple) in Saiyoke district, was attacked and injured by a tiger during a demonstration, said the department chief Mr Niphon Chotbaan on Monday.

The department, he added, has assigned the deputy chief of the department, Mr Adisorn Nutdamrong, to form a committee with local leaders to look after the 147 tigers in place of the temple under three conditions namely: no breeding of the tigers in captivity; no public shows or demonstrations of the tigers for commercial purpose; and no tigers are allowed to walk outside their cages.

Regarding the tiger which attacked the abbot, Mr Niphon said that the beast which is currently care of the temple would be recalled and taken care of by the department.

He went on saying that the department would find two news homes at Khaoson breeding station and at Khao Prathab Chang in Ratcaburi to accommodate between 70-80 tigers.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tigers-temple-faces-ban-on-tiger-shows-and-exhibitions

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-25

>>Regarding the tiger which attacked the abbot, Mr Niphon said that the beast which is currently care of the temple would be recalled and taken care of by the department.<< Quote

What about recalling the abbot, which stupid behavior caused the attack!!

"He went on saying that the department would find two news homes at Khaoson breeding station and at Khao Prathab Chang in Ratcaburi to accommodate between 70-80 tigers."

It seems to me that these seriously endangered, magnificent animals are being treated as if they were rabbits.

sadly, there is no way to release these creatures into a wild environment, they would last a month, if hunger of hunters didn't get them first.

I read that the Abbot slipped on the stony wet ground, broke his arm in the fall on the Stones and the tiger was thinking it was ""Play Time" hence the tiger only scratch his face a wee bit being playful hence, no deep bite marks on the Abbot only a scratch.

I think the Tiger was just saying "are you OK Abbot" giggle.gif

Win thumbsup.gif

PS

But the temple later came out to dismiss the report as untrue, saying the abbot was injured after a misstep from a stairway

Edited by Kan Win

"no breeding of the tigers in captivity;"

Denying tigers sex is going to result in lot of frustrated tigers. Perhaps the abbot can release the tigers pent up stress with a brisk walk and some chanting, on a safety leash of course.

Wish they could grow a set of balls and just do what is needed to do and shut this side show down! Its immoral and against buddhist precepts to make money like this. Why do the always have to tip toe around when things involve monks? Just shut it down and the abbott and his merry men can go find another way to bring the cash in.

A spokesperson for the temple said " These suggestions are completely unacceptable. I've just ordered a new S class and may have to cancel. It was fully loaded as well"

"He went on saying that the department would find two news homes at Khaoson breeding station and at Khao Prathab Chang in Ratcaburi to accommodate between 70-80 tigers."

It seems to me that these seriously endangered, magnificent animals are being treated as if they were rabbits.

sadly, there is no way to release these creatures into a wild environment, they would last a month, if hunger of hunters didn't get them first.

it's worse than that - they are of indeterminate genetic history. They may be hybrid or interbred - if these animals entered the gene-pool in any way they could bring about the extinction of the regional subspecies - "Corbetti" - the Indonesian Tiger.

(there is also the problem of having tigers that can't hunt wandering about in the wild with no fear of humans)

The National Parks, Wildlife and Plants Conservation Department should be admonished for allowing this to happen. Everybody know that the temple is using the animals to generate income for the temple yet they prefer to do nothing about it. I would say that what the temple abbot experienced recently was a bit of Karma coming back his way.

I should have know to NOT read all the replies for this subject. A new low for posters who think they are clever and humourous. Not a good laugh in the lot.

And what exactly was your contribution??.......................coffee1.gif

He must have been milking male tiger for milking money!

992151.jpg

Looks like the monk is eating well compared to the forest monks.

Who said one meal in the morning won't make you fat?

He must have been milking male tiger for milking money!

992151.jpg

Interesting photo. Reading the initial news, it sounded like he

was really hurt. Looking at this photo, looks like a couple of

scratches......And yes it clearly is amazing how a monk can

get a paunch on one one meal a day......

I should have know to NOT read all the replies for this subject. A new low for posters who think they are clever and humourous. Not a good laugh in the lot.

Honestly , do you fail to see the humor of the head monk of a temple

that has spent years exploiting tigers and fleecing tourists , suddenly getting bit by one of exploited tigers ?? I personally think it is funny

as hell. And when this place is closed down, they may as well do

a complete financial audit of it as well. That would be

fascinating I am sure......

and a right arm fracture when he fell onto the ground and hit his arm on a rock.

Looking at the photo "right arm fracture" mmmmmmmmmmmmmm