Complaints of taxis rejecting passengers mostly from Sukhumvit, Silom, Sathorn, Phayathai roads

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a post I read from late last year ....

Torben Retboll
November 10, 2014 at 7:46 pm

To Richard Barrow:

You make it sound so easy to report a bad taxi driver:

Just call 1584 and report the bad driver.

It is not easy at all. When I called this number, I was given several options from a person who was speaking in Thai. Option 1, and 2, and 3. There was no option for English.

Since many of the passengers who may wish to report a bad taxi driver may be foreigners, it is obvious that there should be an option for English language.

When I finally was able to pass the machine and get to a real person, I asked for someone who could speak English. They said: Just a minute. Another person picked up and said the same. The third person that picked up spoke a little English. But not much.

She was not interested in taking my report. I told her I had evidence: a picture of the license plate. How could I send it to them? She offered me an email address: [email protected]

I tried to send my picture and my complaint to this address, but it bounced. They gave me an address that is invalid!

I would like to know: how can I report a bad taxi driver in Bangkok?

How can I submit my evidence?

Please follow up on this matter

Thank you for your time and attention

Sincerely,

Torben Retboll
Bangkok

Reading through this thread and starting to think I must be from another planet. I came here to live in someone else's country, not to tell them how to live. I don't like being refused by a taxi any more than anyone else. However I can appreciate that the meter rate is low, fuel is not free and cars are expensive. If they don't want to take me then that is up to them in my morality, whatever the law says. I am not about to start reporting people, getting on their case and causing them problems. I am sure they have enough already. anyway I left my home country to get away from all that sanctimony. If I don't like a service offered I don't use it. Instead I use Uber. Better cars, reliable and a service I am happy with. After a few refusals I decided I wont hail a taxi again. Simple.

Reading through this thread and starting to think I must be from another planet. I came here to live in someone else's country, not to tell them how to live. I don't like being refused by a taxi any more than anyone else. However I can appreciate that the meter rate is low, fuel is not free and cars are expensive. If they don't want to take me then that is up to them in my morality, whatever the law says. I am not about to start reporting people, getting on their case and causing them problems. I am sure they have enough already. anyway I left my home country to get away from all that sanctimony. If I don't like a service offered I don't use it. Instead I use Uber. Better cars, reliable and a service I am happy with. After a few refusals I decided I wont hail a taxi again. Simple.

yes, I see your point and agree some ... however I do believe that if you or me or nobody complained about the level of service or the quality or whatever then the company wouldn't know any different and therefor wouldn't do anything to improve it so it would slowly go down hill I would imagine.

Now think of this senario ... in a bigger picture ... we don't complain so nothing gets upgraded or improves, tourists stop coming because service is getting so bad, thai people lose their jobs because of no tourists etc ... etc ...

By saying something I believe it is helping them to lift their game ... but if they don't want to listen then folks will go elsewhere ...

just my opinion.

yes, I see your point and agree some ... however I do believe that if you or me or nobody complained about the level of service or the quality or whatever then the company wouldn't know any different and therefor wouldn't do anything to improve it so it would slowly go down hill I would imagine.

Now think of this senario ... in a bigger picture ... we don't complain so nothing gets upgraded or improves, tourists stop coming because service is getting so bad, thai people lose their jobs because of no tourists etc ... etc ...

By saying something I believe it is helping them to lift their game ... but if they don't want to listen then folks will go elsewhere ...

just my opinion.

If everyone started to use Uber they would get their act together very quickly I think. They don't need us to complain, they know what they are doing.

Edited by Timnic

Wasn't the recent fare increase for taxis supposed to stop the drivers from not picking up passengers? I get rejected all the time and there isn't anything I can do about it. Besides bitching and crying about it to relieve the stressful feeling...there isn't really going to be anything done about it. It is a sad part of living in Thailand.

the one that i found absolutely impossible to get a cab from was the end of the airport link phayathai

plenty of cabs but ALL just said no.

Edited by rijit

• 2 weeks later...

I've used that app twice for the two rejections I've had since downloading it. It works really well. Is in English and Thai, has an option to take photo of license plate or write it in, and you can write the cab rejected you. Simple and fast.

The third time I went to use it, I was about to photograph the license plate when the driver changed his mind and said he could take me.

He drove very well and was very polite. I'd said nothing at all to him other than where I wanted to go in the first place and my usual rejoinder of why are you driving a taxi when he initially refused me.

Whether it was the prospect that I might report him or he had an epiphany I don't know, but I got where I wanted to go without drama.

Yes, GrabTaxi, GrabCar and Uber are better options but sometimes there's a bit of a wait.

what app? could not find the name of the app.

I've used that app twice for the two rejections I've had since downloading it. It works really well. Is in English and Thai, has an option to take photo of license plate or write it in, and you can write the cab rejected you. Simple and fast.

The third time I went to use it, I was about to photograph the license plate when the driver changed his mind and said he could take me.

He drove very well and was very polite. I'd said nothing at all to him other than where I wanted to go in the first place and my usual rejoinder of why are you driving a taxi when he initially refused me.

Whether it was the prospect that I might report him or he had an epiphany I don't know, but I got where I wanted to go without drama.

Yes, GrabTaxi, GrabCar and Uber are better options but sometimes there's a bit of a wait.

what app? could not find the name of the app.

google apps ... DLT check - inn or Thailand Dept' of Land Transport taxi app ...