Copper tubing-pipe and PEX; where to buy in BKK?

atyclb

Copper is available from air conditioner places (used for a gas line several decades ago) but suspect you will have a hard time finding copper water fittings as this is the land of PVC. Believe the normal exceptions are most likely hotels that import free of duty payments. But that said have never checked closely and suspect there will be some source, at a price.

I dont know if its any good to you but Thai watsadu do a quickfit system same as HEP20 in the Uk with push fit joints it has 3 cores inside and can be bent to any shape, allegedly made in Germany or using german know how. I used it for hot water but from hot water heaters into my bathrooms I first used a stainless flexible hose connector for the first 16 inches or so.

Ive had no problems in the last 3 years since "I" installed it, as for a Thai workers, well I knew someone else who had them install it and it leaked.

Or this one might be pex (black red stripe), if so again Thai watsadu ( bangna) but i found theres to be rather thin and got some thicker from a place near Cha am in 100 metre rolls

• Like 1

Thanks for all the answers and pics no less.

I found a small piece of PEX from a long time ago when setting up my coffee machine. I think i got it in BKK chinatown. will have a look there.

any retired plumbers on the forum??

Thanks for all the answers and pics no less.

I found a small piece of PEX from a long time ago when setting up my coffee machine. I think i got it in BKK chinatown. will have a look there.

any retired plumbers on the forum??

Ive always done my own plumbing in the UK mainly copper soldered joints and in Thailand its very easy with the plastic but the main thing is keep things CLEAN ie cut end of pipes ( pipe cutter not hacksaw), for plastic pvc sand ends clean with fine sand paper wipe with thinner then glue keeping the joint pressed closed for 10-15 seconds

• 1 year later...

I do not know about Bangkok suppliers, but a year ago I was able to buy HDPE (high-density polyethylene) tubing and its specialized fittings for high-pressure water service (black with blue stripe) in Chiang Mai at this plumbing-supply store:

MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/yTGK5FqeJj82

STREET VIEW: https://goo.gl/maps/prkQ62NPyGm
GPS coordinates: 18.811790, 98.987532
It's on the inner ring road ("Superhighway" #11), heading westbound, on the left, about 300 meters before the Chang Puak (Highway 107 north-south) intersection.
The landmark just before it is a multistory building painted almost entirely in bright red.
A few fittings (connectors) required waiting a half an hour or so for delivery from their wholesaler, presumably.
Be sure to buy the special tool for trimming the ends of pipes before inserting into the fittings.  One tool does two sizes: 20mm and 25mm. A larger tool is needed for larger-diameter pipe.

• 1 year later...

PEX is great because of its great strength and flexibility in being routed around obstructions, its hot-water tolerance, and its easier and removable compression fittings, compared to common solvent-welded PVC tubing for water supply.  Some interesting details are at: http://www.pexheat.com/Home/5-Lies-About-PEX-Tubing.  

But I doubt you will be able to find any PEX for retail or wholesale purchase in Thailand, unless one of the online outfits (e.g., Lazada) can import some for you from China (if you trust the quality of what comes).

Copper tubing of some types may be available in Thailand, as the soft, flexible ones are needed for air-conditioning and refrigerant systems (see: https://www.copper.org/applications/plumbing/cth/standard-tubes/cth_1stand_type.html).   I'm not sure whether soft Cu tubing is suitable for pressurized water-supply lines, as are the rigid types K, L, and M.  

But copper is now pretty expensive on the world market (as are quality PEX and its fittings), so be prepared to pay a bundle for either, particularly if it has to be specially imported for you.