Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Changing Baht to sterling

Hi,

Question about changing baht to sterling. I will be leaving Thailand in July and going back home- my work will pay out a lump sum of roughly 300k in Baht. What is the best way to handle this?

1. International bank transfer to my UK account? Costs a bit of money to send and receive - roughly 20 pounds

2. Change to pounds at airport

3. Change at a money exchanger in BKK? If this option, anyone know any companies that offer good rates?

Thanks in advance

change at the HQ of Superrich near Central World ( but not at their smaller branches as they offer poorer rates or do not SELL foreign currency at all), as they have the most favourable spread of any moneychanger in the Kingdom. Call them beforehand or investigate there in person to make sure they have the needed amount in Pounds. If you change at the Airport, you will loose approx 20.000 Baht of your 300K Baht, as the spread is near to 7% for your currency, whereas at Superrich, the spread is 0.6% for today. Do not change on weekend days as the spread can easily triple - best days are Monday afternoon until Thursday - exchange rates usually are amended three times per day, around 9.00 a.m., then around noon, and then around 4.30 pm approximately.

WOW I saved you 20.000 Baht now you owe me a BIA SINGHA rolleyes.gif

post-43883-0-82355600-1432702635_thumb.p