Getting Legal

Hi All

I am looking for a bit of advice I have managed to get myself a job with an employer who provides a work permit. Tomorrow I am giving him my copy documentation and passport and he is sending it to the Labour department with a letter. Apparently they take about 2 weeks to process it and get back. I will then travel to a country outside of Thailand go to an embassy or consulate and get a non immigrant business visa. For which he can then apply for a WP for me.

My concerns are about the current situation I have been a tourist for the past 10 months on a multiple entry using Cambodian boarder runs and the my current one month finishes on 3rd Oct. Does anyone think I will have any problems and can anyone advise on the best embassy or consulate to go and get a non imm B visa.

Thanks LP-BKK

Hi All

I am looking for a bit of advice I have managed to get myself a job with an employer who provides a work permit. Tomorrow I am giving him my copy documentation and passport and he is sending it to the Labour department with a letter. Apparently they take about 2 weeks to process it and get back. I will then travel to a country outside of Thailand go to an embassy or consulate and get a non immigrant business visa. For which he can then apply for a WP for me.

My concerns are about the current situation I have been a tourist for the past 10 months on a multiple entry using Cambodian boarder runs and the my current one month finishes on 3rd Oct. Does anyone think I will have any problems and can anyone advise on the best embassy or consulate to go and get a non imm B visa.

Thanks LP-BKK

Congrats!

Unless you are a teacher( different rules apply ) Best is to go to Singapore or KL with the company paperwork and don't wait for the WP3. Get the 90 day visa and then do the extension after you get the work permit.

The reason why is if somehow you are not approved because the company forgot some paperwork, you could be stranded outside Thailand.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com