Legal expert from Germany invited to join seminar on Thailand's national reform

webfact

Legal expert from Germany invited to join seminar on Thailand's national reform

BANGKOK, 27 May 2015 (NNT)-A German legal expert has been invited to give a speech on political transition in Germany, in a seminar held by the Thai government.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is hosting a seminar on Thailand’s political transition and national reform in cooperation with the National Reform Council (NRC) and King Prajadhipok’s Institute.

Mr. Ulrich Karpen, a legal expert from the University of Hamburg, Germany, has been invited to talk about the political transition to democracy in Germany, which has been made a case study of the past.

The objective of the event is to give those attending the seminar an insight into how another nation went through the transition period and what the attendees could learn from the German experience.

It is also Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s wish to address this political issue among the stakeholders, which include the Constitution Drafting Committee, the NRC, the National Legislative Assembly, the Thai public and the media.

The seminar will be videotaped and broadcast to the public in the near future.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-05-27 footer_n.gif

It's clearly escaped the notice of Thailand that it needed World War II and the violent removal of just about every influential German political figure prior to that to "transition" Germany to a democracy..........................

Edited by Always18

It's clearly escaped the notice of Thailand that it needed World War II and the violent removal of just about every influential German political figure prior to that to "transition" Germany to a democracy..........................

If only Adolf was alive he would give the Junta 10 out of 10 or 1 out of 10 which is still a pass in the Thai education system

This legal expert will probably enlighten Thailand about the idea of giving away national sovereignty to a group of financial experts in EU and the importance of symbolic political ceremonies in crisis times.

The seminar will be videotaped and broadcast to the public in the near future.

Rest assured a lot will be censored before this goes to the public.

Will they need to, given that the speech will most likely be either in English or German and thus incomprehensible to the majority of the population? Even with subtitles, how many folk do you imagine would be all that interested after a day at the factory or sweating their nuts off on a building site?

My posting had the intention to give informartion of facts.

No one of the posters after open a discussion for this answered.

They stay in their delusion of old time and forget what is what now.

I hope this people will not be "native" English teachers for our chidren.

Of all the Nations in the World think why you would ask Germany to come and give a talk about Political transition . Two of their "Transitions" have been after 2 World Wars that they started

Monarchy, Democracy about 15 parties The Nazis and Communists being 2 of them. Military regime, Marshall law , imposed democracy

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/exchange/eurofxref/html/eurofxref-graph-thb.en.html

This chart clearly shows the exploitation of European expats in Thailand.

Remember, pensions are not a present from a nanny state but deferred compensations for labour.

If I would have worked for a German company 2 years ago, and this company would have waited to pay men years later, I could demand compensation for the loss due to currency exchange rates now. This is German Civil Law.

What's so whistled about this?

Of course I know it's unrealistic politics.

But I regard politics as a process of negotiation, and it's good to have a clear stand when you negotiate.

Back to topics:

This will not happen because of the 5 pct threshold. And even Farangs tthat would agree with me would not vote for me. They would rather vote against their own interests and get Merkelized once again. That's why I consider the 5 pct threshold undemocratic.