best place to find fresh and crusty bread on the dark side?

crickets

The husband of the owner of Bistro 89 (soi 89 almost opposite MAKRO), as was, is I believe a master baker and whose family invented the first real bakers oven in France at the turn of the century.

Bistro 89 is changing to Baguette 89 ...... opening imminently (I noted the oven is already installed) so bread and baguettes should be extra special we trust. More info as and when.

Soi Siam CC, about 4 kms from Sukhumvit. Google maps: 12.932383, 100.939278 Holland Tulip Bakery on one side of the street and another bakery almost directly opposite - not sure of the name. It's a matter of taste but both have some really good breads.

Also worth trying if you go there: The packs of bacon from Holland Tulip - at 75 baht very reasonable and really tasty. The quiches from the bakery opposite are probably as good as I've tried anywhere - 55 baht each, and the spinach and bacon one is the nuts...

Try Ricks bakery off Soi Kownoi down a Soi at the side of The Red Lion.

I think it's the best commercial bakery in Pattaya.

You can find the website easily.

Bread, buns, pies etc.

The husband of the owner of Bistro 89 (soi 89 almost opposite MAKRO), as was, is I believe a master baker and whose family invented the first real bakers oven in France at the turn of the century.

Bistro 89 is changing to Baguette 89 ...... opening imminently (I noted the oven is already installed) so bread and baguettes should be extra special we trust. More info as and when.

Dropped by today, sign up saying will be open next Monday 1st June for bread, pastries and sandwiches!

• 2 months later...

Baguette 89 on Soi 89 (see my post #4) is now well established after about 2 months of operation and various breads always fresh, crusty and good. Many delicious pastries too.

Also does half breakfast as the initial full one was too big !

Baguette 89 on Soi 89 (see my post #4) is now well established after about 2 months of operation and various breads always fresh, crusty and good. Many delicious pastries too.

Also does half breakfast as the initial full one was too big !

Agreed, good baguettes at a good price 39 baht fresh from 7am!