Football Association of Thailand president Worawi threatens to sue media

webfact

FIFA
Worawi threatensto sue media

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Football Association of Thailand president Worawi Makudi is threatening to take legal proceedings against the press at home and abroad for running false reports that he is one of the six Fifa officials arrested in Switzerland over corruption charges.

A Sky News report said the Thai FA boss was one of the six suspected by US authorities of having received alleged bribe worth more than US$110 million over two decades. However, it emerged that Worawi, already in Switzerland to attend the meeting as the country's representative after losing his seat on Fifa executive committee at the end of last month, was not among those arrested and detained by Swiss police pending extradition to the United States.

"I am in Switzerland and waiting to attend the Fifa meeting. There is nothing true about the story. It's not me who was arrested. Those were CONCACAF and South American officials. Anyway, I know nothing at all about what happened.

"I would like to make it clear that should anyone publish a story that is not true I would sue for any defamation," the 63yearold Worawi said in video interview posted on website siamsport.co.th.

Thai FA's lawyer, Narinpong Jinapak, said the association is taking up the matter seriously and will take legal action against those running the story relating to Worawi without checking the facts.

"The FAT's legal department already had talks with Worawi. What has happened caused severe damage to his reputation as well as the image of the country. He wanted us to take legal action against those running the story. It is a serious case of defamation," said Narinpong.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/Worawi-threatensto-sue-media-30261063.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-28

A brick has been dropped in the Fifa pond and the tidal wave has a long way to go.

If I was a senior football official almost anywhere I'd be keeping my head down and mouth shut meantime.

Didn't the Asian Connfederation block an independent audit on one of its contracts last year ?

"The Football Association of Thailand president Worawi Makudi is threatening to take legal proceedings against the press at home and abroad for running false reports that he is one of the six Fifa officials arrested in Switzerland over corruption charges."

Don't worry about it mate, we all know you're just a small fish in a pond that's too big for you to matter in.

Of course guilt or innocence matters little in this country when someone sues for defamation.

In this case he may be in the right though. Seems to be mainly concerned with the Americas federations at present.

Of course guilt or innocence matters little in this country when someone sues for defamation.

In this case he may be in the right though. Seems to be mainly concerned with the Americas federations at present.

He may be right this time, but sometimes it is better to remain silent and slip away quietly, just in case.

According to the UK Guardian, 9 Fifa officials have now been arrested, and 10 more are wanted for questioning. Worawi Makudi is amongst those wanted for questioning:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/27/fifa-corruption-crisis-key-figures-football

Good luck suing the Guardian in the UK. I would think his chances are the same as Thailand hosting the world cup in the near future.

Regarding the story, I do hope that the top man Blatter finally gets what's coming to him and get him out of FIFA. Oops I hope he doesn't sue me!

According to the UK Guardian, 9 Fifa officials have now been arrested, and 10 more are wanted for questioning. Worawi Makudi is amongst those wanted for questioning:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/27/fifa-corruption-crisis-key-figures-football

You are often judged by the company you keep. In this case, probably justifiably.

post-9891-0-40353800-1432779879_thumb.jppost-9891-0-45456700-1432779922_thumb.jp

president of Uefa’s referees committee.

Worawi Makudi

President of the Thailand Football Association, Makudi was expected to be questioned by Michael Garcia, the lawyer who compiled a report into the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, over his involvement in a gas deal between his country and Qatar, which was completed shortly before the vote for the 2022 World Cup was held in 2010. Lord Triesman, former chairman of the FA, raised allegations that Makudi demanded television rights to a friendly between England and Thailand in return for his vote. The Thai official attempted to sue Triesman over the allegation, which was made under parlia

Hmmm, could there be a reason why his name popped up right away even with the Thai FA's excellent track record of hosting tournaments such as the Futsal world cup, supporting various FIFA activities and in general conducting themselves on the international football scene?

Being a game of two halves, and with extra time and penalties thrown in for good measure, one should always remember, it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

Or someone's over the moon.

The sick parrot has flapped its wings.

Being a game of two halves, and with extra time and penalties thrown in for good measure, one should always remember, it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

Or someone's over the moon.

The sick parrot has flapped its wings.

Must be a Norwegian Blue. whistling.gif

You are often judged by the company you keep. In this case, probably justifiably.

attachicon.gifworawi.jpgattachicon.gifmotley crew.jpg

Bloody hell I ain't no oil painting myself but that posse look like their offshore bank accounts are squirreled away on Fraggle Rock.

Noticeable that Asian football countries in FIFA support Blatter. Of course a country like Thailand steeped in corruption would find common ground with a leader of a similar body.

Edited by kingalfred

president of Uefa’s referees committee.

Worawi Makudi

President of the Thailand Football Association, Makudi was expected to be questioned by Michael Garcia, the lawyer who compiled a report into the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, over his involvement in a gas deal between his country and Qatar, which was completed shortly before the vote for the 2022 World Cup was held in 2010. Lord Triesman, former chairman of the FA, raised allegations that Makudi demanded television rights to a friendly between England and Thailand in return for his vote. The Thai official attempted to sue Triesman over the allegation, which was made under parlia

just missunderstandings !

A Thai official never would take any bribe,

or would have to do anything in Corruption cases !

Never a Thai !!

................."What has happened caused severe damage to his reputation as well as the image of the country.".....................

He must be one of the few officials left in Thailand with a reputation worth protecting...........................or is he ???

As some other posters have said, better to keep your mouth shut and head down sometimes. whistling.gif

Once all the top fat cats start squealing like piglets and rolling on each other.....the rest of the party will come crashing down. The FBI won't be fazed by a courteous wai and Thai smile.

According to the media, the FBI gathered much of its information from the no.2 in the US federation. He wore a microphone and recorded various meetings and discussions. They had him dead to rights for tax evasion (who is stupid enough to have an apartment in the Trump tower exclusively for his cats?) and told him he would be going away for a long time unless he wore a wire.

Right out of how the FBI took down the mafia. They have so much incriminating evidence, it will be difficult for anyone to defend against the charges.

Maybe FIFA should have listened to the English league and not pushed the Qatar option on everyone, because that seems to have been the tipping point.