How do I renew Non Immigrant O - M Visa in Brisbane?

Wallich

Hello, have already posted this issue at the Visa and Immigrattion Forum without any luck, so hopefully some of the Chiang Mai listeners might help.

With the Thai Consul in Brisbane now closed and no indication when it will re-open, what is the process to get a new Non Immigrant O - M twelve month Visa? I have obtained this Visa from Brisbane for over six years.

Can I get the same twelve month Visa from another neighboring Country rather than having to visit Australia?

The Thai Embassy at Canberra states: 'Royal Thai Embassy Canberra issues Non-immigration O visa only for single entry.'

I do not want a 'retirement' Visa and associated financial issues.
Puzzles me that there must be hundreds of foreigners like me, that used the Consulate in Brisbane, yet no noise!
Many thanks for any responses.
Regards

first of all you cannot renew the visa. You can renew your extension at Immigration offices in Thailand. You can apply for a new visa though. I am not sure if you are in Australia now or going there? Savanahket seems like most people's first choice for the multiple entry 1 year visa.

They don't ask for proof of money to get it there, but all other consulates in the area either ask for proof of money or don't offer it.