PM says there are many complaints against Thaksin's controversial remarks

webfact

PM says there are many complaints against Thaksin’s controversial remarks

28-5-2558-16-46-23-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha said Thursday that there were many complaints from members of the public as well as the military against fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawtra’s remarks in his recent interview in Seoul that they strongly felt to be offending to the revered institution.

But when asked whether lese majeste charge would be lodged against the former prime minister, the prime minister said that if there was enough ground to substantiate the charge, then legal action had to be proceeded.

Asked to comment on statement by former foreign minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul that he would give back passports to Thaksin if the Pheu Thai party is in the next government, the prime minister retorted saying “does he (Surapong) really want him back? “It depends on the people and the justice process,” he added.

General Prayut categorically denied that he had ever contacted Thaksin. “Why talk (with him)? Talk about what? I have never had any conflict (with Thaksin). Nor is there any misunderstanding. I am a state official. If an offence was committed, then it has to enter justice process. He (Thaksin) has been away for so long. Had he returned earlier, it would not be so messy,” he said.

The prime minister also denied any role in the Foreign Ministry’s decision to revoke Thaksin’s two Thai passports.

Asked about stripping Thaksin of his official ranks, the prime minister said that the matter would require Royal consent and he didn’t think it was appropriate to involve the Monarchy in this matter.

He said that there are other options to deal with the matter but he didn’t want to do it.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-say-there-are-many-complaints-against-thaksins-controversial-remarks

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-28

Many complaints?

The full interview wasn`t even shown in Thailand (correct me if I`m wrong?)

For all his "why should I talk to him" talk, you can see Thaksin scares the living shit out of Prayuth and his paymasters. Frustrating the working people of this country couldn`t find a better chamption of their position however!

By the PM's wife, his family, his best friends and everybody who was instructed to have complaints...

In other words, people who have a higher net worth than Thaksin.

Many complaints?

For all his "why should I talk to him" talk, you can see Thaksin scares the living shit out of Prayuth and his paymasters. Frustrating the working people of this country couldn`t find a better chamption of their position however!

But TVF posters say they have seen it in entirety. Do you believe Thais can't do the same?

I am certainly no supporter of Thaksin or his ilk, but it seems to me that the substance of his remarks cannot be refuted.

There will be no real progress in Thailand until these archaic, oppressive and draconian laws are consigned to the dustbin of history.

The point is that they wanted Thaksin not to make his little conference about the political situation here before he went there. Then Thaksin lawyers swore he would not talk about the situation here.

In the end everything Thaksin did was against Thailand and against his own promise for this reason. He deserves his passports revoked. It will not change his status here as he is already a wanted criminal. They cant force other countries to extradite him simply for les majeste. Thaksin can easily claim politics to apply for political asylum.

Edited by thesetat2013

But TVF posters say they have seen it in entirety. Do you believe Thais can't do the same?

Most TVF posters claim they are married to a hiso millionaire - I wouldn`t listen to too much you read on here champ.

So as I thought, it wasn`t broadcast in Thailand and only a handful of people even knew about it..... Until this absolute halfwit opened his mouth.

Everything he does has the exact opposite effect of what he wants it to.

Most TVF posters claim they are married to a hiso millionaire - I wouldn`t listen to too much you read on here champ.

So as I thought, it wasn`t broadcast in Thailand and only a handful of people even knew about it..... Until this absolute halfwit opened his mouth.

..............."Most TVF posters claim they are married to a hiso millionaire"........................

That is a bold claim to make and I would love to see you prove it !

I can tell you I was not one to make that claim, my wife had similar to me when we married, buggar all. thumbsup.gif

"Asked about stripping Thaksin of his official ranks, the prime minister said that the matter would require Royal consent and he didn’t think it was appropriate to involve the Monarchy in this matter."

This idea was fostered last year and obviously no action taken.

"I am a state official. If an offence was committed, then it has to enter justice process."

Never mind the human slavers that are allegedly in the Thai Navy, as reported many times in the foreign media.

blink.png

Had nothing to do with the monarchy. Thaksin simply said the privy council

was involved with support of the coup. How in the bleep is that in violation of

LM laws?? This government is getting stranger by the day.....

Bleep all you want but the Privy Council are advisors to the king & appointed by him so there is definite connection in Mr T's remarks.

Many here in their comments about who was behind the coup said exactly the same thing as Thaksin, so by definition are we expected to be arrested and deported/jailed?

For a man who didn't want Thaksin to be in the limelight, or news, he's doing a great job of doing the opposite.

My belief is he's pouring petrol on the flames, and attempting to get the reds to bite, reconcilliation is working well eh?

Both Thaksin and Yingluck were appointed PM's by the King to lead the country!!

But sadly again the draconian LM law is again being used as a political tool................coffee1.gif

Both resigned their commission, which strangely enough ends that endorsement. And before the coup under discussion, Thaksin attempted to re-instate himself unilaterally.

Many complaints?

Military people, especially career military people, have echoes, not opinions. Who is going to dare to take a position not approved by the sole power wielder in chief?

For someone as a self appointed PM and the holder of all guns, he certainly appears scared of Thaksins power. Every time he or one of his cohorts open their mouths, he makes every former PM and political party look intelligent by comparison, no matter how bad they were.

If he only realised he is only confirming what the rest of the world suspected for years. Thailands main problem to becoming successful in future is the military. The general is tactically incompetent, morally flawed, a hyprocrit and has no understanding of what the world understands and how it operates outside his cocoon of 'yes men'.

I am not a supporter of Thaksin or any other party but I love seeing a person who forced his own desire on the Thai people being completely outsmarted by a tactically superior person who has not set foot in the country for many years.

While both obviously have flaws, the present PM is like a 5 year old trying to debate a topic with a professor, losing on every point and unable to comprehend how this continually happens.

I even feel sorry for the General sometimes how he continues to place himself and the country in an embarrassing position.

Edited by Reigntax

Can anyone tell me why a wanted fugative still had a valid (2 of them, plus including diplomatic) passport?

Sure. His sister who was PM at the time and his cousin who was the Foreign Minister at the time illegally issued new passports to him. They even hand delivered them for his birthday, how sweet.

Then they simply refused to answer the Ombudsman's questions and hoped it would all blow away in time. Now his cousin has said he will break the law and do the same again given the chance, completely ignoring the fact he acted illegally in the first place.

The Shin clan really do believe they are way above the law.

..............."Most TVF posters claim they are married to a hiso millionaire"........................

That is a bold claim to make and I would love to see you prove it !

I can tell you I was not one to make that claim, my wife had similar to me when we married, buggar all. thumbsup.gif

That's nothing. My wife and I had twice as much as you and your wife.

For someone as a self appointed PM and the holder of all guns, he certainly appears scared of Thaksins power. Every time he or one of his cohorts open their mouths, he makes every former PM and political party look intelligent by comparison, no matter how bad they were.

If he only realised he is only confirming what the rest of the world suspected for years. Thailands main problem to becoming successful in future is the military. The general is tactically incompetent, morally flawed, a hyprocrit and has no understanding of what the world understands and how it operates outside his cocoon of 'yes men'.

I am not a supporter of Thaksin or any other party but I love seeing a person who forced his own desire on the Thai people being completely outsmarted by a tactically superior person who has not set foot in the country for many years.

While both obviously have flaws, the present PM is like a 5 year old trying to debate a topic with a professor, losing on every point and unable to comprehend how this continually happens.

I even feel sorry for the General sometimes how he continues to place himself and the country in an embarrassing position.

As a non Thaksin supporter and "neutral" observer you must really appreciate what a clever policy the rice scheme was. It bought votes and lined some wealthy pockets with even more wealth. And the even more clever decision to try and force a bill through that would wipe his slate clean, clear his conviction, jail sentence, bail jumping crime, and all those outstanding charges waiting in the courts; and re-write history to erase them whilst providing future immunity from anything still hidden in those years.

What a genius plan! His only minor miscalculation was that he could still lie and fool all the Thai people and that they'd put up with more of his bs, lies and scamming.

Cunning, as a fox for sure,but his pathological lying and sociopath tendencies continue to trip him up.

In using Thai Visa you agree to abide by the following terms:
1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.
By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.
Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.
To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.
Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Thailand remain under Martial Law and the rules related to Social Media and posting on Thaivisa will follow the guidelines set forth by the Thai government and the military. Here are some things that you should consider when posting:

All suspects in lese majeste cases, national security cases, violators of NCPO orders will face court martial.

Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

Any posts which can be construed as rumor mongering are not allowed.

Posters violating these rules, and the forum rules will receive a warning, a possible suspension of posting privileges or a ban from the site.

Please check the entire list of forum rules: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrul

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/769792-notice-to-members-posting-in-thailand-news/

Posts and replies in violation of the above have been removed..

I have seen the part of the interview which could be viewed in Thailand and certainly it didn’t contain any reference to the persons that are protected under the lese majeste laws.

However allegations have been made against members of the Privy Council and other groups and that’s what they are allegations. Without evidence they might be regarded as slander that might be perused in court under the current laws that exist.

But anybody that has the finger pointed at him and trying to cover under the umbrella of the lese majeste laws and not entitled to do so should consider that they are not doing justice a favour and will give way to rumours that there might be a grain of truth in what has been said and rumours are the last thing we need in Thailand at the moment.

Anybody that feels to have being mentioned by Mr Thaksin in a slanderous way and liable comments made against him should appeal to a court of law and press charges. If guilty Mr Thaksin will be convicted, if he can provide the evidence to support his claims we might have a problem in Thailand.