Three injured in drink-related motorbike crash in South Pattaya

webfact

Three injured in drink-related motorbike crash in South Pattaya

crash-48.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Three people were injured, two seriously, in a late night road crash in South Pattaya on Thursday Night.

The crash occurred on the South Pattaya Road, close to the Chaimongkol Temple, and outside of a Tattoo Shop, and involved two motorbikes. The driver and passenger of one of the bikes were determined to be heavily intoxicated by Police and sustained the more serious injuries.

Khun Goy aged 21 is a Masseur and was driving back to her home in Soi Kaotalo in East Pattaya when she was struck on the right side of her bike by a bike driven by the intoxicated man who was carrying the seriously injured female as a passenger.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/198338/three-injured-in-drink-related-motorbike-crash-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-05-29

Does the average Thai understand the purpose of a safety helmet ?

Does the average Thai understand to ride a motor-bike heavily intoxicated is extremely dangerous ?

Does the average Thai understand basic road sense ?

No No & No

With proper helmets they would not be laying there with blood spewing out. When will they learn or the only believe in karma? I honestly believe most (uneducated) Thais are fatalists and thus throw caution to the wind. If they die they will die regardless of their behaviour.

That stretch of road is scary (on a moto) at any time of the day, let alone late at night when the bars have just closed and everyone (drunk, sober, stoned) is either going home, going to eat or going to another place to drink. People and motos darting in and out (without looking first of course) on a road that at times actually glistens from the amount of grease and oil spattered on it by the various food vendors.

From what I've seen (over the last few months at least) is that if the cops set up a checkpoint at all, it will normally be where South Pattaya road intersects with Sukhumvit, and where the "dark side" roads intersect with the railway crossings. Areas where they can stop and check people without overly disrupting the traffic flow (could you imagine if they set a checkpoint up on S. Pattaya Road between the #2 Road intersection and Wat Chai ? Or another on #2 Road just beyond the S. Pattaya Road intersection ? The traffic mayhem that would happen would result in riots and gun fights !).

Having said that though, the last few times I've been "downtown" and gotten drunk (and took a moto-taxi home to the dark side) I haven't seen a checkpoint anywhere. Someone thought they only had them up for an hour or 2 in the late evening but pulled them down around the times the bars (normally) close (on "weekend" nights) but I haven't been getting drunk often enough lately to be able to verify that, or I've been out too late and just missed them.

" The driver and passenger of one of the bikes were determined to be heavily intoxicated by Police.... " cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Only if, and when I can speak and write Thai as well as this reporter speaks and writes English would I feel qualified to ridicule. That having been said, it may well benefit the publishers to have an "English as first language" editor to shuffle the words around, that way, and in short order the reporters english skills would rise from good to almost perfect.

BTW, I do see the funny side (not), the reporting is describing a very desperate and sad situation.

Edited by PeCeDe

We often see traffic accident pictures in the news, and I always wonder why in Thailand nobody seems to care about the injured victims, but just stand looking. Seen the same here in real life...

Khun Goy aged 21 is a Masseur and was driving back to her home in Soi Kaotalo in East Pattaya when she was struck on the right side of her bike by a bike driven by the intoxicated man who was carrying the seriously injured female as a passenger.

Em, so the female passenger was injured prior to the accident, or.... ?

I do wish they would hire native english speaking proof readers.

Does the average Thai understand the purpose of a safety helmet ?

Does the average Thai understand to ride a motor-bike heavily intoxicated is extremely dangerous ?

Does the average Thai understand basic road sense ?

No No & No

And Farangs never ever drink and drive..........you've been here for a week or 2, if at all ?

Edited by Banzai99

But of course this is ThaiVisa Forum, Farang good, Thai Bad.....most Farangs I know drive home pissed as parrots.

But of course no Thai would ever do that. Farang bad, Thai good.

No, I would say that were equal.

With proper helmets they would not be laying there with blood spewing out. When will they learn or the only believe in karma? I honestly believe most (uneducated) Thais are fatalists and thus throw caution to the wind. If they die they will die regardless of their behaviour.

I honestly believe most (educated) farangs do exactly the same and ride helmetless, but still great to do a bit of Thai bashing. Do you honestly believe Thais are uneducated, the ones I have met are very intelligent, but I think there's none so blind as those who do not want to see.