PM Prayut promises bright future

webfact

PM promises bright future
ANAPAT DEECHUAY
THE NATION

HOPES TO HELP PROMOTE WELL-ROUNDED, BALANCED DEVELOPMENT OF THE COUNTRY

BANGKOK: -- THE Thai government will provide full support to the work of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (Escap) in promoting rounded and well-balanced development of the region, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday.

In an opening remark at the 71st session of Escap, held in Bangkok, Prayut said this event was about creating balance within the dimensions of development, economic, social and environmental aspects. For countries to develop in a sustainable manner, they need to use their resources efficiently and effectively, instead of wasting resources and leaving nothing for future generations, he said.

On the economic front, Prayut said the world was facing a widening inequality gap.

The fact that 1.4 billion people today live under US$2 a day, that 1.7 billion people are lacking access to adequate healthcare and that 3 million children die before turning five has really shaken him, the prime minister said, adding that all countries should cooperate to eradicate these problems.

Prayut then laid out Thailand's vision for 2015-2020 that highlights "stability, wealth and sustainability". The term "stability" encompasses political stability and security of life and property of all Thai citizens that can be derived from good governance and the justice system. He said true stability could provide the basis for wealth and prosperity, as well as create a friendly environment for trade, economic development and investment.

However, trade and investment must follow strict measures that reduce risks and boost Thailand's immunity to factors such as a downturn in the world economy or environmental disasters, he said. Economic growth also has to be environmentally sustainable so there are enough natural resources for the future generation.

As for sustainable development, it should prioritise people's needs and understand real problems in communities, he said, adding that Thailand had applied His Majesty's philosophy of "sufficiency economy", which focused on resource efficiency, evidence-based policy and resilience.

The prime minister said the government would promote small and medium-sized enterprises, product competitiveness on the agricultural front and the One Tambon One Product (Otop) scheme. Science and technology is another area that can add value to agricultural products, he said.

For social development, the country needs to focus on education, health and welfare, he added. Hence welfare projects such as universal health coverage have been implemented so people have equal access to services in order to remain healthy, be able to hold good jobs and lead a dignified life after retirement.

Prayut said the single most important aspect of development was the quality of the people, and it was necessary for them to develop physically, morally and intellectually to boost the country's competitiveness.

Access to good-quality education is also a challenge and the promotion of life-long learning is necessary, he said, adding that social media should be used for learning things rather than creating disunity or hatred.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/PM-promises-bright-future-30261152.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-05-29

He has just woken up. From a dream!

I prefer his "dreaming" than other politicians' blatant "robbing under the sun" under the pretense of "democracy" (people elected me to legitimately rob).

In Thailand, it's never black and white or right and wrong. Grey areas always dominate. At least, I prefer him over other unscrupulous politicians, even with his shortcomings!

Didn't he promise elections within a year last Feb? Just curious.

Yes, but it has been a slow year and February has been switched with September next year, to allow for this slower time difference!

He has just woken up. From a dream!

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. T. E. Lawrence, The seven pillars of wisdom

"On the economic front, Prayut said the world was facing a widening inequality gap."

"The fact that 1.4 billion people today live under US$2 a day, that 1.7 billion people are lacking access to adequate healthcare and that 3 million children die before turning five has really shaken him few, the prime minister said, adding that all countries should cooperate to eradicate these problems."

A few key words I have highlighted here have really shaken me. His country has to be one of the leaders of inequality the HUB of inequality.

Dear Mr P. Please, please get a PR-advisor!!

Until he he is hired, some free advice from me:

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk an remove all doubt"

So they're going to raise the mains voltage to 250v?

No matter what voltage, I am afraid, it is always going to be:

The lights are on, but nobody is home...............coffee1.gif

Thailand could be rich, if he can stop corruption Thailand will have a bright future. He is right.

He already did a good job fighting corruption but to really change things it need a magnitude heavier hammer. You need a cleaning ala Mao or Stalin to get rid of it within the 2-3 years he has.

For all the newbies and their backers here on TVF---Remember the 3 years of PTP=Shin era, what promises were delivered, and for whose benefit ???

Your opinion on here is what Forum is all about, BUT to post on here choosing a topic like this just to show your contempt for the government, well if it pleases you to forget the past regime so be it.

So they're going to raise the mains voltage to 250v?

No matter what voltage, I am afraid, it is always going to be:

The lights are on, but nobody is home...............coffee1.gif

Sorry this made me smile as I thought you were talking about Yingluck. For all the questions that are still to be answered, HE is in the county most of the time NOT opting out on trips shopping abroad as she did skipping her responsibilities.

Thailand could be rich, if he can stop corruption Thailand will have a bright future. He is right.

He already did a good job fighting corruption but to really change things it need a magnitude heavier hammer. You need a cleaning ala Mao or Stalin to get rid of it within the 2-3 years he has.

Open mouth, insert foot.

Yes, history has shown that the brilliant purges by Stalin and Mao Tse Tung resulted in lasting governments free of corruption.

Excuse me while I clean off my keyboard.

Must have just returned from a trip to the fortune teller!

Wonder if it was fortold ' no general you've stuffed up' would he advise this in a press conference or would some attitude adjustment provide a more favourable prediction?

Edited by Reigntax

Are you aware General that there are still many people in the rural North East who do not have mains water or electricity and live very much hand to mouth. The roads are atrocious and communication systems far from good. Would it not be better to put your money where your mouth is and improve local infrastructure, address poverty on your doorstep, rather than embark on high risk railway projects and improving the lottery!

Are you aware General that there are still many people in the rural North East who do not have mains water or electricity and live very much hand to mouth. The roads are atrocious and communication systems far from good. Would it not be better to put your money where your mouth is and improve local infrastructure, address poverty on your doorstep, rather than embark on high risk railway projects and improving the lottery!

There might be places, but I never saw a village without electric. Bad electric, yes, but complete without?

I saw such on some islands in the South, but it isn't a problem. They have either solar cells or these small generators.

Water: That area where our weekend house is in the south has no water connection.....or they they just built it a month ago and no one connects to it, because everyone has a well which works as good.

For the electric it was Thaksin who tried to destroy the state electric and take it over himself, so they simply didn't have the funds for a long time.

This is another empty promise tell them the truth, its a great future only for a small minority

Quote from above "its a great future only for a small minority " This quote covers the entire world not just Thailand. If you read financial articles large companies are swallowing up smaller ones and vise versa at a staggering rate. Billions are changing hands daily There was just one this morning a 37 billion dollar deal. Once the commercial world consolidates look out they can charge what they want where they want.

"On the economic front, Prayut said the world was facing a widening inequality gap."

"The fact that 1.4 billion people today live under US$2 a day, that 1.7 billion people are lacking access to adequate healthcare and that 3 million children die before turning five has really shaken him few, the prime minister said, adding that all countries should cooperate to eradicate these problems."

A few key words I have highlighted here have really shaken me. His country has to be one of the leaders of inequality the HUB of inequality.

Give the man some credit he has nailed this right on in fact his figures could be on the low side in the second part of his comment "On the economic front, Prayut said the world was facing a widening inequality gap."