price for baht bus ?

bapoboy

i usally travel between bangkok and pattaya and i use to take baht bus from the north pattaya bus station to beach rd. sometimes the price is 30 and somtimes it is 50, and they also charge some nationalities more then other, last time i pay 30 baht bus =, and few weeks ago it was 50 baht, is it up to the driver to charge so much he want ? smile.png

???? There are no baht buses that go from Pattaya to Bangkok

That I'm aware of......

i mean the blue baht bus from pattaya nua bus station that goes to beach road

I understood that taking the baht bus from Pattaya bus station to beach road means from Pattaya bus station to beach road.

If you have no luggage why not walk outside the bus terminal cross the road and pay 10 baht.

There are plenty of baht buses that pass by the bus station.

???? There are no baht buses that go from Pattaya to Bangkok

That I'm aware of......

i mean the blue baht bus from pattaya nua bus station that goes to beach road

I understood that taking the baht bus from Pattaya bus station to beach road means from Pattaya bus station to beach road.

If you have no luggage why not walk outside the bus terminal cross the road and pay 10 baht.

There are plenty of baht buses that pass by the bus station.

I agree that would be 10 baht if you do that.

But I don't agree that the service on North Road is frequent.

It really isn't.

The OP really isn't about the fare for a normal baht bus service.

It's for something special ... buses that are waiting there for their prey fares.

Needless to say I don't know the standard price for that. I guess all you can do is listen to what they say and take it or leave it.

Probably someone who uses that service a lot will show up here and know the more typical fare, so you could offer that, and they can say yes or no.

To add, people board normal baht buses throughout the routes all the time with luggage and pay the normal 10 baht fare. But obviously that doesn't apply if they're waiting for people to arrive at the bus station.

Edited by Jingthing

Nope.......10 baht. I also used it in April this year. From opposite the bus station to mikes mall.......10 baht

10 baht for buses waiting at the station?

Hard to believe.

If you go to catch one on the street, that's different,

Nope.......10 baht. I also used it in April this year. From opposite the bus station to mikes mall.......10 baht

10 baht for buses waiting at the station?

Hard to believe.

If you go to catch one on the street, that's different,

Opposite the bus station meaning not at the bus station.

Last time I recall, there was a sign at the bus station next to the baht buses. It posted the fares of baht buses leaving from the bus station to various locations.

Read it!

Note: You'll probably have to wait for the baht bus to fill. Not waiting for the baht bus to fill may result in a higher fare (i.e. charter) which you should negotiate in advance!

This is pretty much true all over Pattaya, where there are baht buses waiting to fill up.

Edited by BB1950

Last time I recall, there was a sign at the bus station next to the baht buses. It posted the fares of baht buses leaving from the bus station to various locations.

Read it!

Note: You'll probably have to wait for the baht bus to fill. Not waiting for the baht bus to fill may result in a higher fare (i.e. charter) which you should negotiate in advance!

This is pretty much true all over Pattaya, where there are baht buses waiting to fill up.

Yes, the baht bus fares ( to Beach Road and Jomtien) are displayed on a LED board right where the buses wait to fill up. Expect to pay more for detours to hotels.

All one must do to get the 10 baht bus ride is to cross over the road (opposite the bus station) and wait. I will agree with an earlier poster, they're not as frequent as other places around pattaya.

If you have bags, or don't want to stand in the sun waiting, it's probably not worth it just to save 20 baht.

All one must do to get the 10 baht bus ride is to cross over the road (opposite the bus station) and wait. I will agree with an earlier poster, they're not as frequent as other places around pattaya.

If you have bags, or don't want to stand in the sun waiting, it's probably not worth it just to save 20 baht.

Very true my friend.

I am not Thai but I always feel a bit embarassed for the new tourist visiting Pattaya for the first time (I am talking about couples or young adults coming from South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, or even Europe) that have to use this kind of public transportation to get to their hotels. There is a lack of explanation of which songtaew to get on, the "newbie" doesn't know you have to sit in the weltering heat up to 20-30 minutes until the sardine packed sontaew will depart. Meanwhile the songtaew driver loosely ties their suitcases behind the rear step of the songtaew not worrying if the suitcases are really secure or not. And once the "mysterious ride" going to Beach Road takes off, the passengers are looking at Google Earth or their GPS trying to figure out when to get off. Most of these songtaew drivers that hangout at the bus station look like they just came off the Isaan rice farm with very little compassion toward the new tourist that has traveled thousands of miles to get here. All he wants to do is pack his rented custom-made blue Toyota to the max and collect his 30-50 baht before he takes off with his cargo of "rich" "ting-tong" tourists. (His thinking.) What a wonderful first impression of Pattaya. sad.png The city likes to make positive impressions with the tourist by spending thousands of dollars on landscaping, greeting signs, and on marketing overseas. It would make sense to have the special Pattaya bus station songtaews taking tourists to their hotel soils to be a bit more comfortable and not pack 14 passengers with their bags and suitcases in the back as if they are cattle. And do some training with these drivers so they do not act like a hot-head from Isaan, give them a uniform (just a clean Pattaya Polo-shirt would do) to give a better impresson.

Taxis? I imagine there are a couple hanging around but why pay 4 times the price than you would in Bangkok? Going across the street to catch a "public songtaew?" There are not that many zooming down Pattaya north across from the bus station.

It is easy for us expats who live/work in Pattaya to hop on this kind of rough public transportation to get to our destination..but think of the new tourist that has just arrived in Pattaya and had to face this "introduction to Pattaya" after the two hour bus ride from BKK. (Note: taking a taxi from BKK can be worse since you never know if the driver ends up being a speed-demon on yaba, is dishonest and does not take the expressway, tries to over charge you...drops you off with another driver. Taking the airconditioned bus from BKK is more safe, stress-free and predictable.)

Edited by toenail

I am not Thai but I always feel a bit embarassed for the new tourist visiting Pattaya for the first time (I am talking about couples or young adults coming from South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, or even Europe) that have to use this kind of public transportation to get to their hotels. There is a lack of explanation of which songtaew to get on, the "newbie" doesn't know you have to sit in the weltering heat up to 20-30 minutes until the sardine packed sontaew will depart. Meanwhile the songtaew driver loosely ties their suitcases behind the rear step of the songtaew not worrying if the suitcases are really secure or not. And once the "mysterious ride" going to Beach Road takes off, the passengers are looking at Google Earth or their GPS trying to figure out when to get off. Most of these songtaew drivers that hangout at the bus station look like they just came off the Isaan rice farm with very little compassion toward the new tourist that has traveled thousands of miles to get here. All he wants to do is pack his rented custom-made blue Toyota to the max and collect his 30-50 baht before he takes off with his cargo of "rich" "ting-tong" tourists. (His thinking.) What a wonderful first impression of Pattaya. sad.png The city likes to make positive impressions with the tourist by spending thousands of dollars on landscaping, greeting signs, and on marketing overseas. It would make sense to have the special Pattaya bus station songtaews taking tourists to their hotel soils to be a bit more comfortable and not pack 14 passengers with their bags and suitcases in the back as if they are cattle. And do some training with these drivers so they do not act like a hot-head from Isaan, give them a uniform (just a clean Pattaya Polo-shirt would do) to give a better impresson.

Taxis? I imagine there are a couple hanging around but why pay 4 times the price than you would in Bangkok? Going across the street to catch a "public songtaew?" There are not that many zooming down Pattaya north across from the bus station.

It is easy for us expats who live/work in Pattaya to hop on this kind of rough public transportation to get to our destination..but think of the new tourist that has just arrived in Pattaya and had to face this "introduction to Pattaya" after the two hour bus ride from BKK. (Note: taking a taxi from BKK can be worse since you never know if the driver ends up being a speed-demon on yaba, is dishonest and does not take the expressway, tries to over charge you...drops you off with another driver. Taking the airconditioned bus from BKK is more safe, stress-free and predictable.)

All part of the Asian adventure and something for them to tell the folks back home.

I always paid 20 baht from bus station to beach road.

That used to be the fare, but they're always asking for 30 baht now. I always check what the Thai passengers are paying and if they pay 30 baht I'm not going to create a fuss about 10 baht.

The taxis waiting within the bus station will charge more than the taxis you need to haul down on the opposite side of the road. Which is fair enough I suppose.

I used to sit out of the front of the bus station waiting for my wife to pick me up on friday night. The taxi out the front of the food mart is really dodgy. If someone says no to his price and try and get another taxi he runs after them and tells the other taxis not to stop. He never uses the meter and 90% of people say no. But i think people are just weary of the one cab driver that just waits there.

I used to sit out of the front of the bus station waiting for my wife to pick me up on friday night. The taxi out the front of the food mart is really dodgy. If someone says no to his price and try and get another taxi he runs after them and tells the other taxis not to stop. He never uses the meter and 90% of people say no. But i think people are just weary of the one cab driver that just waits there.

Ha ha what a sad man. He'd get more business if he done things the right way.

The baht buses should only be 5 baht..All you guys must

be millionaires paying 10 baht.

The drivers understand not all farang can afford 10 baht...

Long ago the standard bus fare was 5 baht but 10 was usually demanded based on perceived ethnicity. But it hasn't been that way for several years. Now the standard fare is 10 baht for all including Thais. 20 for rides that are very long. For example Jomtien to Pattaya north road.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I "usually pay 20 baht from the bus statoin to Beach Road" but a couple weekends ago I got on the songtaew with tourists and the driver said it was 30 baht. I was sitting at the rear end because I would be getting off at soi 4 off Beach Road. I said to the driver, "No, it is twenty-baht" (with a fake Thai smile of course). He repeated 30 baht again and I said, "You have paper show 30baht?" (Note: Before the tolls and critics start accusing me of being "Cheap Charlie" it deals with someone who is being dishonest and taking advantage of the Asian tourists. Also, after sitting there in the heat like sardines waiting for him to finish yacking away with his cronnie friends didn't deserve a 10 baht increase. When I asked the second time about the new charge of 30 baht he gave me one of those angry stares so I kept my mouth shut. When it was time from me to get off at my soi, I rung the bell, very loud...the hot-head continued driving...I pressed the bell again and he continued to ignore it...some Korean fellow banged on the cab and with my continuous ringing he finally stopped. I guess it was his way to get even with me questioning the cost. I was not in the mood to take a photo of his songtaew's ID number, besides he probably would have jumped out of his "baht bus" and hit me with a crowbar. gigglem.gif

I "usually pay 20 baht from the bus station to Beach Road" but a couple weekends ago I got on the songtaew with tourists and the driver said it was 30 baht. I was sitting at the rear end because I would be getting off at soi 4 off Beach Road. I said to the driver, "No, it is twenty-baht" (with a fake Thai smile of course). He repeated 30 baht again and I said, "You have paper show 30baht?" (Note: Before the tolls and critics start accusing me of being "Cheap Charlie" it deals with someone who is being dishonest and taking advantage of the Asian tourists. Also, after sitting there in the heat like sardines waiting for him to finish yacking away with his cronnie friends didn't deserve a 10 baht increase. When I asked the second time about the new charge of 30 baht he gave me one of those angry stares so I kept my mouth shut. When it was time from me to get off at my soi, I rung the bell, very loud...the hot-head continued driving...I pressed the bell again and he continued to ignore it...some Korean fellow banged on the cab and with my continuous ringing he finally stopped. I guess it was his way to get even with me questioning the cost. I was not in the mood to take a photo of his songtaew's ID number, besides he probably would have jumped out of his "baht bus" and hit me with a crowbar. gigglem.gif

I "usually pay 20 baht from the bus station to Beach Road" but a couple weekends ago I got on the songtaew with tourists and the driver said it was 30 baht. I was sitting at the rear end because I would be getting off at soi 4 off Beach Road. I said to the driver, "No, it is twenty-baht" (with a fake Thai smile of course). He repeated 30 baht again and I said, "You have paper show 30baht?" (Note: Before the tolls and critics start accusing me of being "Cheap Charlie" it deals with someone who is being dishonest and taking advantage of the Asian tourists. Also, after sitting there in the heat like sardines waiting for him to finish yacking away with his cronnie friends didn't deserve a 10 baht increase. When I asked the second time about the new charge of 30 baht he gave me one of those angry stares so I kept my mouth shut. When it was time from me to get off at my soi, I rung the bell, very loud...the hot-head continued driving...I pressed the bell again and he continued to ignore it...some Korean fellow banged on the cab and with my continuous ringing he finally stopped. I guess it was his way to get even with me questioning the cost. I was not in the mood to take a photo of his songtaew's ID number, besides he probably would have jumped out of his "baht bus" and hit me with a crowbar. gigglem.gif

They definitely now try to insist that the fare to Beach Road is 30 baht, despite it still being advertised as 20 baht. I haven't the stomach to argue over 10 baht, so as long as I see everyone paying 30, I just hand it over. Good for you for standing your ground!

The above is well said and pretty much why I switched to Bell Travel for my Bangkok hotel --> Pattaya hotel --> BKK airport transfers. Professionally organized door to door service and always in aircon for not a whole bunch more money. The travel like a local thing has some appeal; but come on...

SunLover

If we come from Bangkok to Pattaya then we simply get a taxi from DMK straight to the hotel. Last time we came in November 2014 we took executive taxi [pictured]. Time before we rode a regular cab.

Depends on how flush I feel. The trip won't be broken with a ride on a baht bus. I'm not getting on a baht bus with all the luggage, that's for sure.

post-175321-0-62869000-1433022532_thumb.