Any one else seen him ?

jonwilly

About a month ago I was traveling up to Suthep Rd and thought I could see a Man on a Penny Farthing a hundred yards or so ahead of me.

On leveling I could see that 2 male bicycles had been assembled (Welded) one on top of the other.

Rider was on top bike say 6 ft above road and his pedals where connected to lower bike via a chain.

Quick look only as I sped past.

The other day I saw him again coming down Suthep Rd.

How he gets on and off baffles me or what he does to stop in traffic.

IMHO very dangerous for him and all other drivers.

john

Saw him last week on the road coming from Airport Plaza into Wualai. Crikey wouldn't want to fall off that thing.

It was a youngish Thai guy riding. There was an ordinary bicycle accompanying him, riding behind.

Havnt seen him yet, its easy to get on and off once you get the hang of it

Every morning i cycle up Doi Suthep i see some guy on a unicycle, nice guy, shame he cant go fast on the way down lol

Bet it's Ganji, the cool young Burmese American who organizes the Critical Mass rides (see their Facebook page) and runs a do-it-yourself bike repair shop.

Here's a good video:

Good video I have seen his Surly parked somewhere also. Where is his community bike shop?

Bet it's Ganji, the cool young Burmese American who organizes the Critical Mass rides (see their Facebook page) and runs a do-it-yourself bike repair shop.

Here's a good video:

There's no American about him apart from the accent. He is Burmese/British

they are called tall bikes. its nothing new. to answer your question how he gets on and off, its like mounting a horse. you simply jump on and off. as far as its safety, well, I can say because i was riding tall bikes throughout thailand/chiang mai and other parts of asia years ago, the only dangerous thing you would run into is people driving like fools around you. riding it is exactly the same as any other bike. your are just up higher.

re

Every morning i cycle up Doi Suthep i see some guy on a unicycle,

after seeing the vid and putting two and two together

I think this might be the mr ganji fella ;)

dave2

pic taken at chiang mai gate market 28 sept 12

ps ... at about 3 20 into the vid hes on the phone in a garden and theres a huge graffiti pic of an ape / monkey figure painted on a wall in the background

does anyone know where that wall is ?

theres a beer for its location :)

post-42592-0-62057500-1433115876_thumb.j

Ah Dave you have disappointed me.

I was hoping for a shot of the Rider and his bike, on whom this thread is based.

Thank you for you efforts over the years.

I consider you one of the more serious posters.

john

Here's a good video:

Good video I have seen his Surly parked somewhere also. Where is his community bike shop?

His bike shop is in the same compound as the newest Pun Pun restaurant branch, just down the Hang Dong Rd a little from Airport Plaza intersection and then turn left onto one of the first few small sois. He's a real enthusiast and also had some serious bike maintenance and construction training abroad. Very reasonable prices too. Taking my bikes for maintenance very soon.

re

Every morning i cycle up Doi Suthep i see some guy on a unicycle,

after seeing the vid and putting two and two together

I think this might be the mr ganji fella wink.png

dave2

ps ... at about 3 20 into the vid hes on the phone in a garden and theres a huge graffiti pic of an ape / monkey figure painted on a wall in the background

does anyone know where that wall is ?

theres a beer for its location smile.png

The wall is next to the new Pun Pun restaurant ...go south on 108 (Hang Dong road) about one km from Airport Plaza,, turn left at the Michelin man sign... go 100 meters on left.

Wey hey on her first post bc girl has won a beer off me

coz the graffiti pic of a hill tribe woman ( not a monkey .. sorry )is in the garden of the new pun pun off hang dong road

Bc girl pm me and claim your prize :)

Dave2

post-42592-0-83974500-1433139616_thumb.j