Border run Ban Phu Nam (Kanchanaburi)

I am on a Multiple Non Immigrant O Visa (married to a Thai) and I have to leave the country for the first time on about June 5, 2015.

I was thinking about trying the border crossing into Myanmar at Ban Phu Nam.

- What is the latest news on that? Can I use it at the moment?

- I read the stories here in the forum about paying 900 Baht (I think) at the border but I also read somewhere else that somebody was stating that you need a Myanmar visa beforehand. Can I still just go there without a visa?

- I was under the impression that there is also a company in Bangkok offering a trip to this border crossing. The company's name was Quick Visa Run. But I cannot find any website or information anymore.

Are they still in business? If so can anybody provide me with a website, phone number, etc.?

Thanks a lot to all

The crossing is open. You pay 900 baht for transport across no mans land and the border pass for Myanmar. There is also a 10 baht fee for a color copy of your passport photo page.

I have seen no reports of organized border runs going there now.

The crossing is open. You pay 900 baht for transport across no mans land and the border pass for Myanmar. There is also a 10 baht fee for a color copy of your passport photo page.

I have seen no reports of organized border runs going there now.

Correct, I did it last month. Takes altogether about an hour, including waiting, taxi drive and getting back into Thailand.

There is this Dutch guy called Kees in his shop just before the border who can assist if things are not clear. Very nice guy, works for Thai immigration and runs a coffeeshop/restaurant.

Thanks a lot for the infos.

Strange thing about the potential visa run company from Bangkok though.

I am sure I remember something about Quick Visa Run going to Kanachanburi border for 1700 Baht.

I cannot find anything about that anymore though.

As far as I'm aware that particular visa run company are still in business as I used them in January. Not sure what they're called now - a previous poster on this forum referred to them as Visa Express. I think they used to make trips three or four times a week in the good old days, but after the tightening of the visa-exempt rules they had to reduce it to just one run a week (on saturdays, I think) due to lack of numbers. And the price in January was 2000B. No idea why they took down the website, but I think they still do very well through word-of-mouth. There were two minivans on the day I went, and both were full. Good service all round, I thought.

Anyway, the number for the office girl I spoke to is 027132498 - or at least it was when I called before. They operate out of the P.B. Tower on Sukhumvit 71. Assuming they haven't gone out of business during the last five months, I'm planning to use them again in July.

I am looking to do the same.

I think this is the company you refer to. I tried them but they no longer offer this service.

http://www.siamvisarun.com/

I live in Bangkok and it is the closest border but it is a bit of a pain to organise without visa run people. Taxi from BKK just a bit too expensive to make it viable for one person. However, I will soon have a car and I think this is the trip I will do.

That's a different company. I remember the Quick Visa Run website the OP is referring to as I used them myself, but the site was taken down very shortly after the new Visa-Exemp regs were introduced. Not sure why. However, I've just called the number above to confirm whether they're still doing visa runs and this time spoke with the owner (Philip, I believe) and he said they still do runs every Saturday and the price is still 2000B - so it looks like I'll be using them again in a month's time.smile.png

• 2 weeks later...