Non O to Non B visa conversion

No drama here.

Just a few facts and a couple of questions.

I want to convert the Non O (married to Thai) visa to a Non B visa.

Can it be done with a visit to my local Immigration office, filing a form and paying a fee,

or must I go to a Thai embassy in another country ( in my case Laos), and go through a similar process to what I did to get my Non O visa?

If I must go to Laos, can I hire an agency like I did years ago to take care of everything?

I have read conflicting posts on TV recently saying that agencies can or can not provide this service anymore.

Is it reasonable to assume I can take care of this in about 30 days or less?

I am due to apply for an extension of my Non O visa in early July and I would rather not go through the process again if I can obtain the new Non B before then.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for keeping on topic ( am I dreaming?)

You cannot change non immigrant visa classes at immigration.

You could change the reason for your extension of stay to working.from marriage but you will need all the documents required including a work permit.

You could also go out to get a non-b visa but you will need a work permit or a work permit application approval letter to get it. It would be best to plan on doing it yourself in Vientiane.

You cannot change non immigrant visa classes at immigration.

You could change the reason for your extension of stay to working.from marriage but you will need all the documents required including a work permit.

You could also go out to get a non-b visa but you will need a work permit or a work permit application approval letter to get it. It would be best to plan on doing it yourself in Vientiane.

As always, thank you for your help Joe.

I should have all I need from the Ministry of Labor next week.

A couple of days in Vientiane is not such a bad thing.

I plan to stop in at my Immigration office ( Korat ) next week to make sure I have everything in order.

The officers at Korat have always been very helpful.

Thanks again Joe.

Do you know anything about the agencies In Vientiane? Do they still provide the service?