Property prices dropping

rocketboybkk

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have there been a definitive statement about where the train station is going to be?

I don't think so but people that own in the "AREA" are talking it up.

What is this "AREA" Gary?

When the government started talking about the new trains in the area landowners settled in on there ideas where the trains are coming through. Land values went up in their minds. We will see

Have there been a definitive statement about where the train station is going to be?

I don't think so but people that own in the "AREA" are talking it up.

What is this "AREA" Gary?

When the government started talking about the new trains in the area landowners settled in on there ideas where the trains are coming through. Land values went up in their minds. We will see

So you have now made 3 posts talking about the " New train station area", and however repeatedly asked for by other posters, still fail to name the area.

Do I feel that you have no idea of which area it is, and just yake te yak?

Simple equation,

how long has one purchased a property

how much would rent have been in that period, then see profit loss

example

buy house 8 years ago for gbp, and 76 baht to 1 gbp, house was purchased for 1.8 million baht, cash

rent would have been 15,000 baht per month x 8 years is 1,440,000 baht, not rocket science is it?????. New rental 2014 may be 17,000 baht per month for 1 year contract.Obviously the exchange rate is lower now, but many expats bought when currency exchange was excellant, so one cannot look at some properties reducing in price. Many Bangkok thais are buying property in Chonburi, maybe protection against Bangkok being a water theme park in the future.

Simple equation,

example

buy house 8 years ago for gbp, and 76 baht to 1 gbp, house was purchased for 1.8 million baht, cash

rent would have been 15,000 baht per month x 8 years is 1,440,000 baht, not rocket science is it?????. New rental 2014 may be 17,000 baht per month for 1 year contract.Obviously the exchange rate is lower now, but many expats bought when currency exchange was excellant, so one cannot look at some properties reducing in price. Many Bangkok thais are buying property in Chonburi, maybe protection against Bangkok being a water theme park in the future.

I'm curious to be informed where in Pattaya you could buy a house for 1.8 Million that fetches 17.000 Baht monthly rent today.

Simple equation,

example

I'm curious to be informed where in Pattaya you could buy a house for 1.8 Million that fetches 17.000 Baht monthly rent today.

sir

I am curious as you dont know when the thai baht was 76 to the gbp, the answer is in there somewhere, look deeper Sir

Simple equation,

example

There near the new train station.biggrin.png

Simple equation,

example

There near the new train station.biggrin.png

???????????????????????????????????????????

Bargains to be had even when 76 baht to the gbp, think about it

Simple equation,

example

sir

I am curious as you dont know when the thai baht was 76 to the gbp, the answer is in there somewhere, look deeper Sir

Another mystery.

What has the exchange rate to do with the price of a property in Thai Baht and the rental value.

I can see that you situate the purchase some 8 years ago, but properties that were 1.8 Million Thai Baht at that time, deliver far lower rental prices as what you may want us to believe.

More in the range of 7-8000 Baht

Simple equation,

example

Yes the exchange can definitely work in your favour if you buy at the right time.

However I still think the risks outweigh the benefits in purchasing any property in Thailand.

I think you need to take the attitude with property in Thailand as being only put in what you can afford to lose and if it works out great and conversely if it goes belly up suck up the loss.

I think a good forumula might be don't invest any more than 5 percent of your net worth that way you can always walk away without it hurting too much.

Simple equation,

example

Yes the exchange can definitely work in your favour if you buy at the right time.

However I still think the risks outweigh the benefits in purchasing any property in Thailand.

I think you need to take the attitude with property in Thailand as being only put in what you can afford to lose and if it works out great and conversely if it goes belly up suck up the loss.

I think a good forumula might be don't invest any more than 5 percent of your net worth that way you can always walk away without it hurting too much.

ANTHONY thinks differently hahahahahahhaha.Anyway i am not here to argue about some facts that i know, argue between yourselves please

Simple equation,

example

sir

Another mystery.

What has the exchange rate to do with the price of a property in Thai Baht and the rental value.

I can see that you situate the purchase some 8 years ago, but properties that were 1.8 Million Thai Baht at that time, deliver far lower rental prices as what you may want us to believe.

Approx 8% of the value doesnt add up to your figures, even buying a house today for 1.8 million baht, there are very small ones on the darkside, i am talking abnout central pattaya too. Anyway bye bye

Simple equation,

example

ANTHONY thinks differently hahahahahahhaha.Anyway i am not here to argue about some facts that i know, argue between yourselves please

No Anthony doesn't think different, Anthony just calls bullshit on your calculation that a house purchased for 1.8 Million Thai Baht 8 years ago, would deliver a 14000 Baht monthly return at that time and 17.000 Baht these days

Edited by Anthony5

sir

Another mystery.

Approx 8% of the value doesnt add up to your figures, even buying a house today for 1.8 million baht, there are very small ones on the darkside, i am talking abnout central pattaya too. Anyway bye bye

Dreamworld is North of Bangkok.

Simple equation,

example

No Anthony doesn't think different, Anthony just calls bullshit on your calculation that a house purchased for 1.8 Million Thai Baht 8 years ago, would deliver a 14000 Baht monthly rent at that time and 17.000 Baht these days

My last post, and dont call me a bullshitter please.

Do you actualy think a house purchased for 1.8 million, 8 years ago, which was a firesale, in central pattaya, is not worth 2.5 million baht now, then 8 % of the sale value is 16,666 baht per month, sorry i got it wrong. Also i will not let my mouth run riot, unlike you.

No Anthony doesn't think different, Anthony just calls bullshit on your calculation that a house purchased for 1.8 Million Thai Baht 8 years ago, would deliver a 14000 Baht monthly rent at that time and 17.000 Baht these days

My last post, and dont call me a bullshitter please.

Do you actualy think a house purchased for 1.8 million, 8 years ago, which was a firesale, in central pattaya, is not worth 2.5 million baht now, then 8 % of the sale value is 16,666 baht per month, sorry i got it wrong. Also i will not let my mouth run riot, unlike you.

Oh we are now quoting exceptional occasions, like a fire sale, as the standard for calculating ROI.facepalm.gif

I must have missed that detail in your first post.

You just confirmed with your last post that you were talking bullshit. Thanks.

Same as always, property whether land, condo, residential or commercial sells if priced correctly and in a good location. Overpriced shoeboxes with views of another shoebox or 3 bed pool villas in the boonies stay on the books for ever. Just sold 2 Rai land for 41 Mil, hardly say prices are coming down as sold the same plot 3 years ago for 26 Mil.

That must be in a very decent location to be worth an uplift in premium of that much & to worth 20M a rai now.

I would guess that it's for development so more cost on top for the investor

Suk, South of Baan Amphur, Direct frontage

This has been discussed so many times recently it borders as a troll post.

Here's a Thai website which allows you to track projects price valuations.

http://www.hipflat.co.th/en/pattaya/condo

And "yes", the trend for Pattaya has been going down fairly steadily.

1.) The military coup, as well as other negative publicity, has reduced the number of expat retirees and tourists.

2.) The Russians are retreating from their pervious buying purges.

4.) More desirable land acquisition in neighboring Cambodia & Viet Nam.

5.) Continued failing scholastic marks for local private schools along with raising tuition.

6.) Too much building of condos, off main routes (makes the market saturated).

Edited by Rimmer
Speculation

1.) The military coup, as well as other negative publicity, has reduced the number of expat retirees and tourists.

5.) Continued failing scholastic marks for local private schools along with raising tuition.

Hipflat is very good website. I wish I had found it sooner.

I agree although some of their data may be stale. My building in Jomtien and similar buildings(direct beach access) here in Jomtien show huge increases or more moderate increases but those projects further from the sea with limited views are pretty much flat or down slightly.

I agree although some of their data may be stale. My building in Jomtien and similar buildings(direct beach access) here in Jomtien show huge increases or more moderate increases but those projects further from the sea with limited views are pretty much flat or down slightly.

I can believe there are over 100 condos for rent and 90 for sale in my building (VT5). The prices they are trying to get for a rental are ridiculous. This place is a ghost town.

Another mystery.

Bernard, I will jump to your defence. In 2003 a 3 bedroom terrace house in The Village on 3rd Rd (oppositr fire station) was 1.6-1.8 million to buy and we rented a place at 14,000 baht/month, other similar properties were up to 17,000 baht/month, location, location, location. However 12 years later the purchase/rental costs have hardly moved, maybe 2-2.2 million to buy and 16-18,000 to rent.

Another mystery.

Bernard, I will jump to your defence. In 2003 a 3 bedroom terrace house in The Village on 3rd Rd (oppositr fire station) was 1.6-1.8 million to buy and we rented a place at 14,000 baht/month, other similar properties were up to 17,000 baht/month, location, location, location. However 12 years later the purchase/rental costs have hardly moved, maybe 2-2.2 million to buy and 16-18,000 to rent.

Is that rent with yearly contract, or holiday rent ?

Another mystery.

Is that rent with yearly contract, or holiday rent ?

Annual contract for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom terraced house.

This last affirmation is in contradiction with the link you gave above.

I don't see prices falling on http://www.hipflat.co.th/en/search/condo-for-sale/pattaya wink.png

I don't see prices falling on http://www.hipflat.co.th/en/search/condo-for-sale/pattaya wink.png

I can understand your point Pattaya but IMHO aren't the condos in these listing services the losers nobody wants?

I see prices falling in some projects on this website but this could be attributed to location, location, location, which has been discussed before.

I see prices falling in some projects on this website but this could be attributed to location, location, location, which has been discussed before.

No doubt. I looked at the prices in View Talay 6. Location, Location for sure.