Police issue alert amid unrest fears

Unrest ? I thought 96% of the Thai population were overwhelmed with the job Cha Cha Cha is doing.

How can there be any unrest ?

no one ever said 96% !

have you brain like this leicester foodballers ?

93% wink.png still what's in a few % eh?

Oops, here I was thinking berybert was just being facetious. Cha cha cha! gigglem.gif

Former Democrat MP Nipit Intaraso-mbat statement regarding Thaksin that "If he hadn't made that kind of speech, he would not have lost his passport............."

So the fact that a convicted fugitive with further outstanding charges is holding numerous Thai passports is OK.

It demonstrates, when Democrats were in Gov't,either how weak they were & are; or simply,couldn't have cared less what Thaksin did.

Yet some other poor convicted sod on the run would have had his passport withdrawn instantly.

The longer Prayut & army stay in control the better for Thailand!!

So true....The Dems in government were just a bunch of weaklings without clue what the do.

I read the letter from Kasit Piromya to Germany.......They let appear Yingluck smart in compare....

What I find odd in all of this is the convoluted 'threat' to remove his honorary rank of Lt Colonel in the RTP.

In a country that appears to have around 2000 generals in its modestly sized army and police force, a Lt Colonel is about the same rank as the guy doing night duty in the Pattaya Police Station.

I can't see why Mr T would be at all concerned. But then, I might be missing something. facepalm.gif

Who gives a rats arse? Really, i am more concerned about my personal wealth and will take it to any country where its easy to live

SIR

I totaly agree, what is it with these posters that jump at the chance of anything Thaksin, but do not post on important things. Iam sure they wait for this type of post, and cream their pants.

I only come on here to see the same posters and the same posts, it is very funny actualy, then they vanish to the next beer bar.

If thaksins moronic minions want to come out and demonstrate because their criminal idol is no longer deemed to be Thai then they can deal with the consequences,Section 44 etc etc!

Passport or no passport, unfortunately the convicted fugitive criminal is still Thai.

I point out that his "conviction" was done by a group led or controlled by an illegal military coup. Take it with a grain of salt, regardless of whether you liked the ruling or not

You point out garbage. He was convicted by a criminal court.Controlled by no one. Maybe thats your problem! "Take it with a grain of salt" ? Your "controlled by military" is better suited to another idiom. "A pile of horse ****"!

So many members of this forum refer to the conviction of Thaksin as sort of the lynchpin evidence of his corruption.

For the record, here is how the New York TImes described it in October 2008:

"The ruling on Tuesday was made by a special nine-member bench of the Supreme Court known as the Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions. The judges ruled 5 to 4 that Mr. Thaksin abused his power when his wife, Pojaman, purchased a plot of desirable land from a government agency controlled by the central bank.
The judges ruled that because Mr. Thaksin was prime minister he was “supposed to work for the benefit of the public.”
Prosecutors had argued that the amount his wife paid, about $22 million, was well below market value, but that argument appeared to fail. Ms. Pojaman was acquitted of all charges and the judges did not order the couple to forfeit the land, as prosecutors had requested."
I would love to have someone explain how his wife, who executed the land purchase (in an open bid process, by the way) was found to be not guilty of any crime, while Thaksin was found guilty of "corruption". What harm was caused Thailand in this deal? If there was a "conflict of interest", who specifically had that conflict? I would remind readers that the land sale was not conducted by the PM, it was conducted by a government Finance agency.
Yes, he was convicted. But I find the the rationale to be unclear. And that's Thailand's justice system in a nutshell, isn't it?

Unrest ? I thought 96% of the Thai population were overwhelmed with the job Cha Cha Cha is doing.

There is a noisy bigoted potential 4% or so out there who still think the sun shines right out of Ol' Squarehead. Is that news to you?

I do not like to oversimplify the problem but allow me to summarize the reason for unrest in 4 words.

Isaan has Stockholm syndrome.

Brilliantly said. Understand SS but never thought of it in quite that way. You will be quoted again by others on that, if you can bear it. EXACKERY!

This is a dangerous double edged sword, issuing alerts about possible unrest can justify certain strong actions but can also look as if the junta isn't quite as in control as they would have everyone believe.

Exactly, the little man in the co-opted saddle with an army at his bidding is worried about a guy half way around the globe. But the true loss of face is Prayut's because Thaksin is welcomed around the world while Prayut is not.

Edited by arrowsdawdle

So many members of this forum refer to the conviction of Thaksin as sort of the lynchpin evidence of his corruption.

"The ruling on Tuesday was made by a special nine-member bench of the Supreme Court known as the Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions. The judges ruled 5 to 4 that Mr. Thaksin abused his power when his wife, Pojaman, purchased a plot of desirable land from a government agency controlled by the central bank.
The judges ruled that because Mr. Thaksin was prime minister he was “supposed to work for the benefit of the public.”
Prosecutors had argued that the amount his wife paid, about $22 million, was well below market value, but that argument appeared to fail. Ms. Pojaman was acquitted of all charges and the judges did not order the couple to forfeit the land, as prosecutors had requested."
I would love to have someone explain how his wife, who executed the land purchase (in an open bid process, by the way) was found to be not guilty of any crime, while Thaksin was found guilty of "corruption". What harm was caused Thailand in this deal? If there was a "conflict of interest", who specifically had that conflict? I would remind readers that the land sale was not conducted by the PM, it was conducted by a government Finance agency.
Yes, he was convicted. But I find the the rationale to be unclear. And that's Thailand's justice system in a nutshell, isn't it?

A timely and rather nice injection of facts and logic.

The Thaksin haters on here won't like it and will deny it, but you are of course correct.

What has happened, and is happening, to Thailand has got little to do with the legality or not of Thaksins actions and everything to do with various vested interests ( excluding the electorate ) who will as usual be playing second fiddle, thrice removed.

This country is not changing for the better....

This is a dangerous double edged sword, issuing alerts about possible unrest can justify certain strong actions but can also look as if the junta isn't quite as in control as they would have everyone believe.

Exactly, the little man in the co-opted saddle with an army at his bidding is worried about a guy half way around the globe. But the true loss of face is Prayut's because Thaksin is welcomed around the world while Prayut is not.

"Welcomed around the world"? His money is welcomed in a handful of countries and by countries with leaders who tend to like villains!

"Welcomed around the world"? His money is welcomed in a handful of countries and by countries with leaders who tend to like villains!

Hmmm.. I do not recall a big outcry in the UK when he bought Manchester City FC. Does that make the UK government 'villains'? Just asking

Hmmm.. I do not recall a big outcry in the UK when he bought Manchester City FC. Does that make the UK government 'villains'? Just asking
after he was convicted Thaksin was told he wouldnt get a visa to enter UK, Just Telling!

Really? It seems that the countries willing to accept Thaksin size up significantly better than the dirty dozen friends of Thailand, don't you think?

(In case you forget, the military regime unveiled its 12 best friends last week: Antigua and Barbuda, Burundi, Central African Republic, Comoros, Dominican Republic, Gabon, Ghana, Kiribati, Hungary, Nauru, Vanuatu, and Cameroon.)

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

If thaksins moronic minions want to come out and demonstrate because their criminal idol is no longer deemed to be Thai then they can deal with the consequences,Section 44 etc etc!

Passport or no passport, unfortunately the convicted fugitive criminal is still Thai.

I point out that his "conviction" was done by a group led or controlled by an illegal military coup. Take it with a grain of salt, regardless of whether you liked the ruling or not

You point out garbage. He was convicted by a criminal court.Controlled by no one. Maybe thats your problem! "Take it with a grain of salt" ? Your "controlled by military" is better suited to another idiom. "A pile of horse ****"!

You are 100% wrong, but obviously not listening to what is going on in the real world. So be it. Some people think the world is flat.

The Thaksin haters on here won't like it and will deny it, but you are of course correct.

What has happened, and is happening, to Thailand has got little to do with the legality or not of Thaksins actions and everything to do with various vested interests ( excluding the electorate ) who will as usual be playing second fiddle, thrice removed.

"A timely injection of facts and logic" Love it!

Could you elaborate on the reasons they chose not to mention that Thaskin sent his lawyer into the court with 2 million baht stuffed into a pastry box for the judge? Then he fled the country. Is this how innocent men behave?

The above sentence just rendered your post nonsensical.

"A timely injection of facts and logic" Love it!

Could you elaborate on the reasons they chose not to mention that Thaskin sent his lawyer into the court with 2 million baht stuffed into a pastry box for the judge? Then he fled the country. Is this how innocent men behave?

The above sentence just rendered your post nonsensical.

Oh, the outrage.....

Do you have any personal experience of the "judicial" system in Thailand or high level lawyers and prosecutors and how the system works ??

Any experience at all ??

You are 100% wrong, but obviously not listening to what is going on in the real world. So be it. Some people think the world is flat.

Wrong!100% FACTs you fantasist."Flat earth"comparisons reveal your weakness and stupidity!

I completely agree with revoking his passport, as he is a fugitive...

The problem is with the below statement..

By saying the below, it will lead the whole world to believe it is only as retaliation to exercising 'Free Speech'

Which is the completely wrong message to send.

Should have just kept it as .. He is a fugitive on the run...

QUOTE:

He singled out the part of Thaksin's speech in which he accused the Privy Council of involvement in past military coups as the key reason his passports were revoked and he may possibly lose his police rank.

"If he hadn't made that kind of speech, he would not have lost his passport.

This, basically.

Thaksin has lured the junta into making a move against free speech on an international platform. This is now a very real potential perception that may be held by the international community and fuel for the fire of rights groups. Anything else at this point is neither here nor there.

Thaksin 1 - 0 Junta (HT)

post-170405-14331321113298_thumb.jpg