Thailand Brit murder suspects 'still waiting' on evidence review

Lite Beer

The initial suspects (day 1) were migrant laborers.

Then the Wares, Sean, footballers, Thai locals, and then back to migrant labor.

So the narrative that locals were identified from the beginning is false. They, in fact, were people of interest for a few days only.

That is plainly wrong. I was there. The narrative was that the locals were deeply involved from the minute the sun-rose on that glorious morning, the Burmese repertoire came along later. That was the narrative. The rest is history.
You were there?

I don't remember you claiming that before.

Actually 2 foreign news sources report that the first person of interest was a foreigner.

Here's one with a timeline.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/brits-murdered-thailand-live-updates-4261347

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your statement wasn't presented as opinion.

You said something was true "from day one". That statement of yours was false.

All of my statements on here are my opinion or as you put it "conspiracy theory".

An opinion is an opinion.

A statement of fact without qualifications is a statement of fact. A statement qualified by a link and a claim of personal expertise is also claimed as fact.

Since the RTP didn't identify Thais "from day one" as you claim, it is patently wrong. Since lacerations can appear as cuts or tears as opposed to a crushing blow.... As the source of the link you previously posted clearly stated, you were alcohol patently wrong.

A conspiracy theory, as previously noted, is a theory that dark, unidentified (specifically) people are manipulating things from behind the scenes to affect a desired outcome. That is not the definition of an opinion.

I will quote your previous post that you presented as fact.

What is alcohol patently?

You hang onto the smallest things to keep bringing up. You think that this enhances your credibility here. Again, your miniscule opinion doesn't interest me.

Pardon, "alcohol" was an auto fill error. It should have been "also"

So the narrative that locals were identified from the beginning is false. They, in fact, were people of interest for a few days only.

That is plainly wrong. I was there. The narrative was that the locals were deeply involved from the minute the sun-rose on that glorious morning, the Burmese repertoire came along later. That was the narrative. The rest is history.

And JD - you left out the fisherman! The RTP claimed it was possibly a fisherman that committed the crimes. I guess they thought this might go down quite well in light of past crimes.

Daily Mail 20th Sept -

The last pictures - on night backpackers beaten to death: New CCTV revealed as Thai police investigate copycat killing theory

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2763277/Was-British-backpacker-trying-help-woman-distress-New-evidence-suggests-David-Miller-coming-aid-Hannah-Witheridge-killed.html

Edited by catsanddogs

You stated quite clearly:

"Oh, but that wasn't the link I provided were you were trying to contact the friends and family of the victims."

And then followed on with a post unrelated to me. Now I suggest you back up your claims that I have been trying to contact the friends and family of the victims

If you cant do that which I know you can't then yes you are a liar................screengrabs...........links, I'm waiting

I did provide a link for that before, you promptly asked moderation to remove it, now you are asking for it again, so you can do the same all over again? rolleyes.gif

I'm not interested in playing your baiting games.

No AleG you did not, it does not exist. Why does it not exist? Because you are making false accusations that I tried to contact family or friends of the victims. What does that make you...............

You had my last post removed I wonder why, honesty is a virtue you are sadly lacking in. This is my last post on the subject I will no longer engage with some one who is unable to tell truth from made up fantasy and deliberately makes false accusations.

I am done with this topic as well. What we have are some people who thrive on the misery of two young men who are facing a death penalty. My OPINION is that it enhances their self importance and makes them feel that they actually have some "power".....

And JD - you left out the fisherman! The RTP claimed it was possibly a fisherman that committed the crimes. I guess they thought this might go down quite well in light of past crimes.

Daily Mail 20th Sept -

The last pictures - on night backpackers beaten to death: New CCTV revealed as Thai police investigate copycat killing theory

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2763277/Was-British-backpacker-trying-help-woman-distress-New-evidence-suggests-David-Miller-coming-aid-Hannah-Witheridge-killed.html

Cannot access Daily Mail from my phone in Thailand

Time JD bailed out of this thread and I/we hope a real investigation ensues . I would like every name who could possibly have been in the spotlight involved bank accounts looked at. Even posters here who just cannot see that the whole episode has been a sham...........

Telling members not to post?

Implying members are getting paid regarding the crime?

"Oh, but that wasn't the link I provided were you were trying to contact the friends and family of the victims."

And then followed on with a post unrelated to me. Now I suggest you back up your claims that I have been trying to contact the friends and family of the victims

If you cant do that which I know you can't then yes you are a liar................screengrabs...........links, I'm waiting

I did provide a link for that before, you promptly asked moderation to remove it, now you are asking for it again, so you can do the same all over again? rolleyes.gif

No AleG you did not, it does not exist. Why does it not exist? Because you are making false accusations that I tried to contact family or friends of the victims. What does that make you...............

You had my last post removed I wonder why, honesty is a virtue you are sadly lacking in. This is my last post on the subject I will no longer engage with some one who is unable to tell truth from made up fantasy and deliberately makes false accusations.

Sorry, but you conflated 2 statements he made.

You don't seriously believe that the 2 Burmese defendants are not guilty, do you?

I am done with this topic as well. What we have are some people who thrive on the misery of two young men who are facing a death penalty. My OPINION is that it enhances their self importance and makes them feel that they actually have some "power".....

God keep our land glorious and free!

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

Sorry, but you conflated 2 statements he made.

You don't seriously believe that the 2 Burmese defendants are not guilty, do you?

How can I believe anything when I've not seen the evidence nor has that said evidence been verified. I can have opinions and I can make assumptions, that I have done in this thread and made my thoughts very clear already on that many times.

What I do know is that I am with the majority, the investigation has been a farce and there looks to be a continuation of that into the trial. If that happens how could anyone be happy with the outcome, no matter what the decision happens to be.

What we all have are in one poster whose avatar says "Try being informed instead of opinionated" are media reports of the RTP blabbing their efforts in the investigation. They themselves named suspects right from day one. They obviously had a reason to name said suspects, and efforts to assist in the location of these suspects.

Now, we know how money talks in this country, and my opinion, is that a lot of money talked. Once that money showed up, the suspicion was quickly diverted to some migrant workers, of a very low caste within their own country and with minimal education and finances. Who would be more perfect to fit up for a horrible crime like this.

The head of the Police stated "No Thai could do this" the writing was on the wall.

So, unless someone has access to the entire investigation and it is out for all to peruse, then all the comments here are opinions. In Police work, opinions are used as are theories - (I guess if one or more investigators agree on a theory it MUST be a conspiracy theory) to solve crimes. When these opinions are supported by tangible evidence, they then become facts.

In any event, nobody will ever agree on this investigation. With the history of bungled investigations and many examples of the rich paying their way out of crimes, this appears to me to be another one chalked up on the "pay off" column.

This post was not presented as opinion. There are several statements of fact."They themselves named suspect from day one "

Since they presented migrant laborers as the first suspects (day 1).....

As "No Thai could do this"?

Time JD bailed out of this thread and I/we hope a real investigation ensues . I would like every name who could possibly have been in the spotlight involved bank accounts looked at. Even posters here who just cannot see that the whole episode has been a sham...........

inspection of all phone calls made in that area around the times of the crime should shed evidence but I don't think the investigators could be bothered contacting the phone companies.

inspection of all phone calls made in that area around the times of the crime should shed evidence but I don't think the investigators could be bothered contacting the phone companies.

You don't know anything about that do you ? This will be presented in a court, yes a real court . I am sure they will show us phone logs if this is important evidence in this case.

1......Well, two of OUR kids were taken out..........The investigation was shit........The two accused were DNA tested and ruled out but strangely brought back into the frame.....Video stuff don't add up............YET YOU are absolutely sure the shit handling of the case is air tight.........Gawd.

2.....I hope stuff is looked at...........

"The two accused were DNA tested and ruled out but strangely brought back into the frame"

This is not true, they were summoned to give DNA samples, there is absolutely no report whatsoever that they were tested and cleared...

...and now the usual rederick will ensue were the usual people tell me "is that a fact!?", "liar!" and the like; and once more, as every previous occasion, when I'll ask those people to present any substantiation to that claim, they'll will huff, they will puff but "here, this shows they were tested and cleared: ..." never shows up.

The initial suspects (day 1) were migrant laborers. Then the Wares, Sean, footballers, Thai locals, and then back to migrant labor.

Whether the initial suspects were migrant workers or farang is moot. Migrants are going to be pointed at in beach crimes - as a knee jerk reaction by RTP. It's like, whenever there's a coup d'etat in Thailand, the army brass immediately announce the Constitution will be re-written - it's the Thai way of thinking. The important issue is the initial PRIME SUSPECTS were Mon and Nomsod, in that order. Mon was taken by cops and questioned for 3 hours. It would be interesting to get a video or audio or written transcript of that, but it won't happen. Nomsod was declared THE prime suspect just days after the crime, and (surprise!) cops couldn't find him for additional days.

Interesting to see that this question was not answered by the guys who have the "facts". According to the Criminal Procedures Code, a warrant is needed for the search for evidence. The mass collection of DNA on the island is highly personal and intrusive. If this is where the DNA they obtained a "match" to the DNA at the scene, then my opinion is that it should be excluded from admissible evidence.

The whole time Burmese were being rounded up by the dozens, Nomsod was claiming he didn't have to give DNA. Ever since that time, Nomsod's DNA has been suspect. The press corps event (NS's DNA sample) didn't impress anyone. I file it in the same category as the reenactment: silliness personified. That's why I think the court decided to switch tracks and postpone the Defense's request to re-examine DNA. The RTP, the headman's people, and the prosecutors will continue to do all they can to obfuscate the DNA trail. Mark my words.

I don't think their main motivation is to nail the B2. I think it's to continue to shield the H's people any way possible. Plus, by keeping the discussions and focus on the B2's plight, it naturally diverts attention away from those who should be prime suspects. Please don't leave the topic. We need to continue to exert pressure toward a semblance of truth & justice. We may not have any overall effect, but then again, maybe we do affect the events in some small ways.

No I don't know how these courts work or what laws exist to compel phone companies to Disclose information of every phone call made in the area over a certain but I do know that Thailand had a bad reputation for corruption and bribes.

You don't know anything about that do you ? This will be presented in a court, yes a real court . I am sure they will show us phone logs if this is important evidence in this case.

re; the enlarged font, closing sentence. How can you be 'sure' of anything of that sort? And who is 'they'? If 'they' are Thai authorities, then perhaps you're trying to be funny. If you haven't deduced by now, Thai authorities have done and will continue doing all they can to divert any and all implicating data away from the H's people re; this flawed investigation. It's for that reason that I didn't articulate the data I found which shows a desperate young man with money could get from KT to Bkk in about 3.5 hours on any Monday morning (considering there was nearly 5 hours between the crime and the alibi CCTV in Bkk). It's because 'They' (Thai authorities and/or 'The Handler'; Mon) could implement trashing any data which would verify whether such things happened.

As my father might say, "I trust him as far as I can throw him."

Here's another prediction: even if the defense is allowed by the court to get DNA and its trail re-examined, (and it's still a big 'IF' because the judge said a conditional 'MAY be allowed' on the first day of the trail), it's essentiall certain that the re-examination will have strict limitations placed on it. Namely: 'you can only look at this particular data, but you cannot concern yourself with that particular data'.

Similarly, as soon as NS's DNA was claimed to not match at the press event, top brass declared they would not share NS's DNA profile with the Brits.

Note, that's one of the few things the Brit Coroner's Office is supposed to do re; British Subjects who are murdered overseas: They're supposed to type DNA found in or on the body. We can supposed the Brit Coroner did her job, but we can't assume anything else beyond that: for example: whether or when she will release the findings. However, with Thai authorities refusing to share DNA from 'persons of interest' with Brit experts: it only cements most peoples' belief that there are a lot of underhanded, unprofessional and fishy things going on in this case. It stinks, and both Brit and Thai officials who are involved should hang their heads in shame. Some of those heads could figureatively roll, if higher ups were to do the right thing regarding the lack of professionalism and their underlings' dereliction of duty.

The initial suspects (day 1) were migrant laborers. Then the Wares, Sean, footballers, Thai locals, and then back to migrant labor.

Whether the initial suspects were migrant workers or farang is moot. Migrants are going to be pointed at in beach crimes - as a knee jerk reaction by RTP. It's like, whenever there's a coup d'etat in Thailand, the army brass immediately announce the Constitution will be re-written - it's the Thai way of thinking. The important issue is the initial PRIME SUSPECTS were Mon and Nomsod, in that order. Mon was taken by cops and questioned for 3 hours. It would be interesting to get a video or audio or written transcript of that, but it won't happen. Nomsod was declared THE prime suspect just days after the crime, and (surprise!) cops couldn't find him for additional days.

Interesting to see that this question was not answered by the guys who have the "facts". According to the Criminal Procedures Code, a warrant is needed for the search for evidence. The mass collection of DNA on the island is highly personal and intrusive. If this is where the DNA they obtained a "match" to the DNA at the scene, then my opinion is that it should be excluded from admissible evidence.

The whole time Burmese were being rounded up by the dozens, Nomsod was claiming he didn't have to give DNA. Ever since that time, Nomsod's DNA has been suspect. The press corps event (NS's DNA sample) didn't impress anyone. I file it in the same category as the reenactment: silliness personified. That's why I think the court decided to switch tracks and postpone the Defense's request to re-examine DNA. The RTP, the headman's people, and the prosecutors will continue to do all they can to obfuscate the DNA trail. Mark my words.

I don't think their main motivation is to nail the B2. I think it's to continue to shield the H's people any way possible. Plus, by keeping the discussions and focus on the B2's plight, it naturally diverts attention away from those who should be prime suspects. Please don't leave the topic. We need to continue to exert pressure toward a semblance of truth & justice. We may not have any overall effect, but then again, maybe we do affect the events in some small ways.

So, your whole thing hinges on those two men being THE initial prime suspects?

17 Sep 2014 "A British man has become the prime suspect for the murder of two British tourists and his arrest is imminent, a senior Thai police officer told The Telegraph on Wednesday."

Now, of course, you'll invent some other self serving excuse to explain that away.

Incidentally, just declaring things that invalidate your arguments to be "moot" doesn't cut it.

"I don't think their main motivation is to nail the B2. I think it's to continue to shield the H's people any way possible"

No, that's just paranoia speaking; try reality, it may not feel so comfortable, but it is what it is.

I know for a fact that some of the victim's friends have been pestered by the conspiracy theorists to support their side.

Fact? AleG, please do elaborate. We are all dying to know how you know this for a fact.

I already did, Thailandchill didn't like the exposure it brought to him so he asked the post to be removed. If you want more details you should ask him, since he is so gung-ho about transparency I'm sure he'll be very forthcoming.

I suggest you back up your facts, I'm waiting along with everyone else, try concentrating on the claims you made in your post, here let me repeat it for you:

"I know for a fact that some of the victim's friends have been pestered by the conspiracy theorists to support their side."

AleG, I really haven't a clue about what you are referring to, but if the only "fact" you can produce is a conversation between CSILA and Sean McAnna, then there's nothing unusual about that. I think most on here are aware that CSILA (presumably your "conspiracy theorists") during the course of their "investigations", managed to contact not only McAnna but also some guy called Tom who is pictured with Hannah in CCTV footage the night she was murdered. Tom was quite happy to answer the questions put to him.

Edited by IslandLover

AleG, I really haven't a clue about what you are referring to, but if the only "fact" you can produce is a conversation between CSILA and Sean McAnna, then there's nothing unusual about that. I think most on here are aware that CSILA (presumably your "conspiracy theorists") during the course of their "investigations", managed to contact not only McAnna but also some guy called Tom who is pictured with Hannah in CCTV footage the night she was murdered. Tom was quite happy to answer the questions put to him.

"AleG, I really haven't a clue about what you are referring to"

You don't?

"but if the only "fact" you can produce is a conversation between CSILA and Sean McAnna, then there's nothing unusual about that. I think most on here are aware that CSILA (presumably your "conspiracy theorists") during the course of their "investigations", managed to contact not only McAnna but also some guy called Tom who is pictured with Hannah in CCTV footage the night she was murdered. Tom was quite happy to answer the questions put to him."

So you do... :rolleyes:

That you consider cyberstalking as being "nothing unusual" really speaks volumes about yourself.

So, your whole thing hinges on those two men being THE initial prime suspects?

17 Sep 2014 "A British man has become the prime suspect for the murder of two British tourists and his arrest is imminent, a senior Thai police officer told The Telegraph on Wednesday."

Now, of course, you'll invent some other self serving excuse to explain that away.

Incidentally, just declaring things that invalidate your arguments to be "moot" doesn't cut it.

"I don't think their main motivation is to nail the B2. I think it's to continue to shield the H's people any way possible"

No, that's just paranoia speaking; try reality, it may not feel so comfortable, but it is what it is.

Strange. I am not shielding anyone.

I am not diverting attention from the actual evidence or trying to divert attention from the 2 Burmese defendants.

I also, not so strangely, don't think that there's a conspiracy to frame the defendants, who have confessed at least 3 times, who admit to being there, who put property from the crime in the hands of other people, who claim to have been so drunk after 3 beer spread out over hours that they don't remember..... ETC.

"AleG, I really haven't a clue about what you are referring to"

You don't?

"but if the only "fact" you can produce is a conversation between CSILA and Sean McAnna, then there's nothing unusual about that. I think most on here are aware that CSILA (presumably your "conspiracy theorists") during the course of their "investigations", managed to contact not only McAnna but also some guy called Tom who is pictured with Hannah in CCTV footage the night she was murdered. Tom was quite happy to answer the questions put to him."

So you do... rolleyes.gif

That you consider cyberstalking as being "nothing unusual" really speaks volumes about yourself.

As opposed to Mon accusing and harassing Sean

As opposed to Mon accusing and harassing Sean
Sounded worse than 'accusing and harassing.' Sounded like threatening to kill. ...and the cop who accompanied Mon ....we conveniently hear nothing about him from the clowns who are supposed to be investigating the case.

It will be interesting to see if the friends of the deceased will be called as witnesses. If there was an altercation in the bar as reported, then one of them, maybe more witnessed it. One would hope the friends would want the right people punished even though it won't bring the victims back. You'd hope also that the family would support the defence having access to everything necessary for a fair trial too, unless of course they are 100% assured that the Burmese men are guilty of killing their children.

There has been ongoing coverage of this case by the British tabloids, The Guardian, The Telegraph, and the BBC since last September. If there are friends of the late Ms. Witheridge or other persons on-site who observed anything as above, they have as yet chosen for some reason not to tell their story publicly.

It seems you are choosing your words carefully - catsanddogs posted: "It will be interesting to see if the friends of the deceased will be called as witnesses."

Your reply: "If there are friends of the late Ms. Witheridge or other persons on-site who observed anything as above, they have as yet chosen for some reason not to tell their story publicly."

It is very sad that there were 2 young people who lost their lives that night. Why would you choose to disregard statements released by friends of the late Mr. Miller?

You have mentioned on several occasions that if aspects of the investigation are amiss you would find it surprising that no friends of the deceased have come forward to offer their own account of events that would contradict the official account of events.

Well, in fact there have been statements released by a friend of the deceased, who was on-site and who did tell their story - Sean Mcanna, who was a friend of David Miller said:

"...no one believes it was the Burmese guys and anyone would be stupid to even consider it."

"Anybody with half a brain knows it would always be blamed on Burmese."

"But the fact I was threatened by family of the AC owner and by the owner of 'in touch' was (in my eyes) a good lead for starting the investigation. Unfortunately, even though I said to the papers that they need to look for the 3 guys who haven't shown up for work at AC since it happened. Although I said that "Burmese guys will be blamed" and that "they won't let Thai people go down for the sake of the tourist industry", and even though everyone said the same, the police went ahead and did it anyway"

So I guess if I were also to choose my words carefully then I would not be lying if I said that every single friend of the deceased who was on-site and has told their story about what actually happened that night and who they believed was guilty of committing these murders, based on what they saw and heard has stated categorically that they do not believe that the Burmese are the real killers...