Thailand Brit murder suspects 'still waiting' on evidence review

Lite Beer

So, bank records don't matter?

With that reasoning would phone records matter?

I like watching people tear down their own earlier arguments

Are you in the real world?......... Phone records would go a long way to solving this case by competent investigators!
Why would a person the conspiracy theorists think is smart enough to hide money, use a phone associated with themselves?

Because phone records in the few hours after the crime/discovery of it, might reveal involvement. No time to think of the implications.

Several days later, hiding payments/bribes is quite different. You've had time to think about implications.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boomer: The RTP doesn't work for you. The trial starts in 3 weeks. Possible scenarios? Maybe with all your verbiage, you might come up with something the defense can actually use, if they were so inclined.

So, bank records don't matter?

With that reasoning would phone records matter?

I like watching people tear down their own earlier arguments

Are you in the real world?......... Phone records would go a long way to solving this case by competent investigators!
Why would a person the conspiracy theorists think is smart enough to hide money, use a phone associated with themselves?
Iin the few hours after the crime/discovery of it, phone records might reveal involvement. No time to think of the implications.

Several days later, hiding payments/bribes is quite different. You've had time to think about implications.

Boomer: The RTP doesn't work for you. The trial starts in 3 weeks. Possible scenarios? Maybe with all your verbiage, you might come up with something the defense can actually use, if they were so inclined.

The RTP doesn't work directly for me, but in the larger picture it is supposed to work for everyone in Thailand. Similarly, if I work on a crew which builds a road in your neighborhood, we're not building the road just for you, but for everyone who may use that road.

I don't work with the defense or with any entities in this case. I write notes on a blog. If someone wants to take something I or you or anyone else writes, and wants to pursue where it leads, that's their choice.

From the above: "The RTP doesn't work directly for me ..." and earlier you said "It's good that RTP investigators don't work under me..."

You write a blog. Maybe you should consider including the boilerplate publishing disclaimer so people don't get confused:

• This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

From the above: "The RTP doesn't work directly for me ..." and earlier you said "It's good that RTP investigators don't work under me..."

You write a blog. Maybe you should consider including the boilerplate publishing disclaimer so people don't get confused:

• This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Your attempts to find fault are complete failures. I don't see any problems with my preambles. One is a statement, and it's true. The other, from a prior post is a hypothetical. Are you now saying hypotheticals should be factual? By definition, a hypothetical is saying something conditionally. Crab, you and your buddies need to find a hobby or something, instead of trying to dig dirt where there is not dirt. Or how about this: post something which relates to the case and/or the OP. Give us some information which relates to the case, instead of spinning around in circles trying to find fault with things that are put in conditional language, examples: 'what if....' 'suppose.....' 'if I were king of the world.....'

So baseless accusations then, just assume there's something fishy going on and work your way from there.

So much for innocent until proven guilty...

There are other ways to transfer valuables, than simply giving cash. Even a 5 year old can figure that out: if he had to pay for something clandestinely. There are gifts, there are favors, there are deferred payments (sometimes predicated on a desired result). If this case were being persued objectively by professional and smart authorities, some attention would be put toward things like "who just got unusually rich?" 'who just got increasingly loose with their spending habits?' 'who just bought and gave away something valuable'.....as well the old fashioned peeks at peoples' bank accounts - both givers and takers. But again, a savvy wheeler-dealer is not going to do a pay-off as blatantly as transferring cash from his own bank account to the person he's influencing. Indeed, mafia-wannabes nearly always deal in cash and gifts - almost never in anything which can be traced to a name.

I asked one of my Thai friends how she would bribe a VIP if need be. She said "simple. Just put the cash in an envelope, slip the envelope in a nice hardback picture book. Then, near the end of a conversation with the person you're bribing, just gently slide the book toward that person and say something like, 'a little gift for your daughter.'"

Just because you can come up with some imaginary scenario it doesn't mean it has anything to do with reality, you just skipped the if, the who, the why and went straight into the (theoretical) how.

So, you don't like the scenarios I paint? Awww, I'm crushed. Or maybe you don't like me sharing personal recollections of conversations I've had with Thai friends? BTW, what about your scenario, with Mon and his cop friend pursuing Sean, in order to shore up the bastions of justice. Was that a joke?

Here's a clue: When crime investigators are on a case, they'd do well to use their brain cells. Part of that process is to think up possible scenarios, and then go looking for leads and/or evidence. The other side of that, is to look for clues and evidence and pertinent things certain 'people of interest' say - and then pursue those leads. I know it's a lot easier to be a Thai-style investigator who just hears what his superior officier wants to find, and then put on the blinders and looks only for clues which point to what the boss wants.

It's good that RTP investigators don't work under me, because I'd have them crying for mercy after a half day. They'd be pleading with me not to make them work or think so hard. They'd be banding together - trying to find ways to bring their prior superior officer back. The one who allowed them to lounge around all day, doing practically nothing. Who allowed them to put their brains on standby, without a creative thought. Some types of people much prefer to have a boss who just tells them what to do: connect Dot A with Dots B & C, and don't think about any other dots.

Could not of put better myself!!

Also I did say to myself not to reply to any of the Glee club but I wonder if get to live in the real world!

With all this talk of ridding Thailand of corruption, I can't help but think that this is a missed opportunity to show some transparency. After all, the eyes of the world will be watching this trial, and based on how the case has been conducted so far, those eyes are coloured with skepticism and doubt. An effective, transparent judiciary should attempt to deliver fairness in legal processes and is probably the most powerful weapon against corruption. We can only hope that they get a fair trial.

Yes I hope for justice.

As a side note, the fixer aka the Senior Policeman who took over this case in the early stages and brought the two Burmese men in to face trial has been dispatched to sort Human Trafficking in Thailand.

So good news for the human traffickers then. Business as usual.

So baseless accusations then, just assume there's something fishy going on and work your way from there.

So much for innocent until proven guilty...

Baseless accusations?

Has money changed hands to alter the course of the investigation? Nobody has proof of that but there is enough concern documented in the investigation that it may have and so of course those sorts of questions can legitimately be asked and talked about. Unless of course you believe the RTP hook line and sinker. Fortunately most people do not and thats only one of the reasons the FCO cited the concerns on corruption in this case.

Yes, baseless accusations, you said so yourself "Nobody has proof of that".

The FCO cited concerns over allegations of corruption:

"we are very concerned by the allegations of corruption"

You forgot the "allegations" part, and I don't think it was an oversight.

The FCO echoed the allegations of corruption some people have made, so you are using circular logic here; some people make allegations of corruption, the FCO mentions those allegations and then, possibly the same people that made the allegations in the first place, use that as validation to lend support to their allegations.

Circular logic, simple, comforting, wrong.

Would a taxi driver being beaten for refusing to lie be considered corruption ?

Tho AleG claims he was allegedly beaten, but that was also a lie allegedly.

Just because you can come up with some imaginary scenario it doesn't mean it has anything to do with reality, you just skipped the if, the who, the why and went straight into the (theoretical) how.

So, you don't like the scenarios I paint? Awww, I'm crushed. Or maybe you don't like me sharing personal recollections of conversations I've had with Thai friends? BTW, what about your scenario, with Mon and his cop friend pursuing Sean, in order to shore up the bastions of justice. Was that a joke?

Here's a clue: When crime investigators are on a case, they'd do well to use their brain cells. Part of that process is to think up possible scenarios, and then go looking for leads and/or evidence. The other side of that, is to look for clues and evidence and pertinent things certain 'people of interest' say - and then pursue those leads. I know it's a lot easier to be a Thai-style investigator who just hears what his superior officier wants to find, and then put on the blinders and looks only for clues which point to what the boss wants.

It's good that RTP investigators don't work under me, because I'd have them crying for mercy after a half day. They'd be pleading with me not to make them work or think so hard. They'd be banding together - trying to find ways to bring their prior superior officer back. The one who allowed them to lounge around all day, doing practically nothing. Who allowed them to put their brains on standby, without a creative thought. Some types of people much prefer to have a boss who just tells them what to do: connect Dot A with Dots B & C, and don't think about any other dots.

The problem with the scenarios you paint is that they are based on nothing but speculation, prejudice and demonstrably false "facts" and when proven to be wrong you just pretend nothing happened and peddle the same debunked claptrap all over again.

Yes, what about what I said about Mon and Sean? I asked you to try and show me to be wrong or on anything that I wrote (post #825) and your did the usual Brave Sir Robin impersonation. So yes, what about it?

While you are at it you may try to face posts #134 and #749.

Finally, do everyone a favour and keep your egotistical fantasies to yourself.

As usual, you have nothing to add to the discussion, so are left with what you're best at: trying to find dirt on how other posters are presenting their ideas. And suprise! JD agrees with you. I know enough about human nature to stongly suspect that Mon and his cop friend, when chasing and cornering Sean, weren't trying to pursue truth and justice. If Sean hadn't taken that photo, while he was cowering on the floor, scared shitless (after being threatened with death, as he believably asserted), then RTP echoers would be saying, "cnspiracy theory. No one ever chased Sean. Complete fabrication." Similarly, if the bloody hoe hadn't been found at the beach, RTP echoers would probably be saying, "how do we know there were murders. It could have been David killing Hannah after rough sex, and then he ran and bashed his head against a rock in remorse."

RTP are trying so hard to cover up so many things, that they must be sorely annoyed that there are annoying issues like Running Man video, a bloody hoe, a soggy alibi CCTV from Bkk, a prime suspect who evaded police for a week, and other such stickery issues they wish would just dry up and blow away.

LOL -

Still pushing conspiracy theories.

The case isn't in the hands of the RTP. It's in the hands of the prosecution. The coroner's report is strong enough. The alibi of the 2 Burmese killers isn't worth anything. The witnesses against the 2 Burmese defendants is strong. It places the phone in the hands of the killers. The "we drank 3 beers over several hours and were too drunk to remember. There are 60 prosecution witnesses from the police, the DNA labs, the Burmese that were given the phone by the defendants...

Your fixation on people who have been cleared from involvement just isn't going to be an issue.

The conspiracy theories just aren't going to be an issue in the trial.

With all this talk of ridding Thailand of corruption, I can't help but think that this is a missed opportunity to show some transparency. After all, the eyes of the world will be watching this trial, and based on how the case has been conducted so far, those eyes are coloured with skepticism and doubt. An effective, transparent judiciary should attempt to deliver fairness in legal processes and is probably the most powerful weapon against corruption. We can only hope that they get a fair trial.

Yes I hope for justice.

As a side note, the fixer aka the Senior Policeman who took over this case in the early stages and brought the two Burmese men in to face trial has been dispatched to sort Human Trafficking in Thailand.

So good news for the human traffickers then. Business as usual.

It has not been "business as usual", for the past few months more steps have been taken to address the problem of human trafficking than in all previous governments of the past decade combined, so if the point of those two posts was to make allegations that Somot Pumpunguang has done nothing to curb human trafficking therefore, by some unspecified reason, that discredits the Koh Tao murders investigation, it was a complete failure.

What people have to realise that there is a group of posters , JLCrab, Aleg, JDinasia, who I do not wish to engage in debate , as they have demonstrated that it is their opinions and only their opinions that count.

I make my point and then move on , because I fully realise that the above said posters just retreat into their usual refuge of abuse

Hadn't read this before now.

Defence lawyers are trying to get parts of the trial moved to the Thai capital Bangkok, said our correspondent.

They believe other Burmese migrants, who may have seen what happened on the night of the murders, will feel safer there than on the island of Koh Samui, where the trial is taking place now, he said.

26th December

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30602984

Your attempts to find fault are complete failures. I don't see any problems with my preambles. One is a statement, and it's true. The other, from a prior post is a hypothetical. Are you now saying hypotheticals should be factual? By definition, a hypothetical is saying something conditionally. Crab, you and your buddies need to find a hobby or something, instead of trying to dig dirt where there is not dirt. Or how about this: post something which relates to the case and/or the OP. Give us some information which relates to the case, instead of spinning around in circles trying to find fault with things that are put in conditional language, examples: 'what if....' 'suppose.....' 'if I were king of the world.....'

In 3 weeks a trial starts. It may be a fair trial; some may consider an unfair trial. Doesn't make any difference. There will be a trial regardless. And how much time it takes to get from Koh Tao to Chumphon to Bangkok won't make any difference either.

Re post 891 from JDinasia -

Blimey. This man IS desperate for the B2 to go down for these crimes. And so many many posts from him. I'm beginning to get suspicious now. Doesn't feel good.

Get as suspicious as you want. I am far from desperate for the 2 Burmese defendants to go down for the rape and murders. I do think that they are guilty but that's for the court to decide.

Some posters here continuously drag out conspiracy theories that have been debunked, and "seem desperate for" people who have been cleared" to go down for these crimes.

They ignore the request from the victim's families that speculation cease until after the trial, and just pump out theory after theory.

Then there's the others who think that the 2 Burmese defendants are involved in the crime, but are just playing games with it. They are as bad as the one's so desperately fixated with individuals who have been cleared, simply due to their intellectual dishonesty.

My memory is good.

I recall they planted bloody trousers

I recall they had the headmans family

I recall they announced it was the headmans family

I recall. They suddenly got promotions and transfers off the island when they realized they may have made a mistake w uncle sutheps family

Gee whiz, even they thought the coup meant something

I recall their faces when they announced it was the headmans family

I recall their faces when they said it wasn't

I recall they beat a taxi driver

Your memory is not good, it's also very selective.

"I recall they planted bloody trousers"

You don't recall that after being examined they were not bloody to begin with?

"I recall they had the headmans family"

"I recall they announced it was the headmans family"

You don't recall them being cleared of involvement? You know, like the many other suspects that came and went.

"I recall. They suddenly got promotions and transfers off the island when they realized they may have made a mistake w uncle sutheps family"

Suthep... rolleyes.gif So that's it, you are using this murders to take political potshots? How noble.

Suthep has nothing to do with this, and there was nothing sudden about the promotion of Panya Mamen, it was scheduled since before the murders. But don't let facts get on the way of your political agenda.

"I recall their faces when they announced it was the headmans family"

"I recall their faces when they said it wasn't"

Good for you, it's completely irrelevant to anything though.

"I recall they beat a taxi driver"

Yes, allegedly, and that was wrong, allegedly.

"...and there was nothing sudden about the promotion of Panya Mamen, it was scheduled since before the murders. But don't let facts get on the way of your political agenda."

That is a lie. It was never revealed anywhere that it was scheduled since before the murders, and neither you nor JD has ever proved that it was. However, now's your chance - either a link, or else if you are planning to suggest this news was released in a Thai language publication then simply provide the "directions" to exactly where it can be found, i.e. "sentence xxx... paragraph xxx.... page xxx... of publication xxxxxxxxx dated xx/xx/20xx..." We can do the rest.

Failure to provide such proof will clearly demonstrate that you are posting outright lies in support of your political agenda...

Oh, and by the way, you have never proved this in the past so please don't try one of your "I can't be bothered to look for the link again..." escapes. You've got away with too many of those already.

Can't wait to see the link. This is exciting...

My "political agenda"? Wow, some people really live in a world of their own.

Gen Patchara's appointment is one of a slew of changes taking place at top provincial and regional levels at midnight tonight (September 30).

Lt Gen Panya Mamen, Commissioner of Police Region 8, is promoted to Assistant Commissioner General of the Royal Thai Police in Bangkok.

He is replaced by Maj Gen Decha Budnampeth, Deputy Commissioner of the Central Investigation Bureau, and a former provincial police cheif in Phuket. (2006-2008)

Maj Gen Paween Pongsirin, Commander of the Region 8 General Staff Division and the head of the current mafia investigations in Phuket, is promoted to be Deputy Commissioner of Police Region 8.

Maj Gen Smith Mukdasanit, Pathum Thani Provincial Police Commander, takes his place.

Maj Gen Krajang Suwannarat, acting commender of Phuket Provincial Police, returned to his post as Region 8 Deputy Commissioner yesterday (September 29). He is due to retire in a year's time.

Once these officers have settled into their new posts, other promotions and movements may take place in the Phuket provincial police ranks.

Panya's promotion was part of a general reshuffle of police positions at the end of September, he was not the only one getting a promotion or transfer.

Now how about you provide support to the idea that he was moved to affect the course of the investigation? Do keep in mind he was the one that announced the arrests the day before the two Burmese men were detained.

Hmmm... so in other words you have nothing at all that you can offer in support of your delusional claims about the news of Panya's promotion being released before the murders.

I for one think it would be beneficial for all parties if you stopped from making blatantly false comments such as these.

We've had to start removing people again. If you can't discuss this without getting overly emotional and resorting to personal attacks, then go find something else to read. People come here to read the news, not watch kids kick sand in each others' faces. Ultimately nothing anyone posts here will have any bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the story so please stop taking it so seriously.

That's funny

Asking people to believe that a guy who runs a bar where a new crop of tourists flows in with the tides,

Doesn't have millions of baht in a safe,

For a variety of reasons none which need mentioned

And yes their phone records would open or close the door on suspicious activity

That's funny

Asking people to believe that a guy who runs a bar where a new crop of tourists flows in with the tides,

Doesn't have millions of baht in a safe,

For a variety of reasons none which need mentioned

Phone records could be totally inconclusive if the 'suspicious activity' persons didn't make any phone calls at 4 or 5 in the morning. Trial starts July 8.

Doesn't matter if they used them.

They were pinging off a tower somewhere,

They either were pinging in BKK, or they weren't

So you're trying to track one guy, I guess. Why would he necessarily have to have pinged anywhere. Maybe he pinged last in Chumpon where he got off the speedboat and hopped into a taxi.

LOL -

The case isn't in the hands of the RTP. It's in the hands of the prosecution. The coroner's report is strong enough. The alibi of the 2 Burmese killers isn't worth anything. The witnesses against the 2 Burmese defendants is strong. It places the phone in the hands of the killers. The "we drank 3 beers over several hours and were too drunk to remember. There are 60 prosecution witnesses from the police, the DNA labs, the Burmese that were given the phone by the defendants...

Your fixation on people who have been cleared from involvement just isn't going to be an issue.

You seem to know an awful lot about the prosecution's case, JD. For example, how do you know the Burmese that were (allegedly) given the phone by the defendants are to be witnesses for the prosecution? Are you in fact working for the prosecution?

LOL -

You seem to know an awful lot about the prosecution's case, JD. For example, how do you know the Burmese that were (allegedly) given the phone by the defendants are to be witnesses for the prosecution? Are you in fact working for the prosecution?

Because it was part of the first pre-trial hearing.

I already have a full time job.

So you're trying to track one guy, I guess. Why would he necessarily have to have pinged anywhere. Maybe he pinged last in Chumpon where he got off the speedboat and hopped into a taxi.

Because,

I think he was there

I think he started the gang bang

And I think he watched the killings

That's my opinion,

His multiple alibis bother me

He may not be the killer but I FEEL in my heart of hearts,

He was the first rapist

And that Sean McKenna drugged her

That's what I always thought z and I will always think that, regardless the verdict

Doesn't matter if they used them. They were pinging off a tower somewhere, They either were pinging in BKK, or they weren't

There are a thousand and five 'maybes.' What we're doing, those of us who seek truth and justice, are thinking about what may have really happened that awful night - and then suggesting ways to pursue leads which hopefully lead to the real criminals. That's what the investigators were/are supposed to be doing. Neither Thai nor Brit officials have done that, not by a long shot. Brits were told by the Thai PM: they were not to do any investigating in Thailand. Thai investigators were told by their top brass what to look for and what other things to hide/dismiss, and they did as they were told.

Phone records could be key to finding whodunnit. We haven't heard a peep from Thai authorities about that, or a slew of other items which could shed light on this case. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised, at the trial, when we realize Thai officials have been doing a good job and simply keeping things secret. All indications since Oct. '14 are that's highly unlikely. Many observers have already given up hoping Brit authorities have done anything useful, and we're even more jaded about what Thai officials may or may not have done to try and find the real culprits. Brits can say their ineptitude is based on not being allowed to do anything. However, Thai officials can blame their own lack of professionalism on orders from their higher-ups - and perhaps their endemic lack of being able to 'think-outside-the-box'.

Hint to Crab regarding his trying to parody hopping in to a taxi at Chumpon: It didn't have to be a wheeled vehicle. There are faster ways to travel to Bkk from Chumpon. There are daily flights on Nok air, and the morning flights' times fit perfectly between the time of the crime and the alibi CCTV - allowing a desperate young man with money, ample time to connect the dots. Has RTP pursued that issue? Here are some possible answers to that:

>>> yes, and realized it might implicate a member of the H's family, so trashed it.

>>> yes, and told (or made sure) Nok Air not to divulge (or to trash) anything about their morning flight of Sept. 15 2014.

>>> no, because they didn't think about it, or deemed it not important.

>>> no, because there could be big incentives for not implicating anyone other than the B2.

>>> no, because all official focus since Panya was put out to pasture, is on the B2. The new group of top brass have ordered all their underlings to not look for any evidence which might implicate anyone else.

This is the trial schedule per The Nation *

The first hearing has been scheduled on July 8 and will be followed by 11 hearings, one each for five witnesses from both the prosecution and defence, the Koh Samui Court said.

Ain't a lot of time for maybe's and hypothetical's and possible's which seems to be the forte of persons posting on here which may or may not in the eyes of the Court create reasonable doubt

* http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Koh-Tao-murder-trial-rescheduled-30250774.html

Because,

I think he was there

I think he started the gang bang

And I think he watched the killings

That's my opinion,

His multiple alibis bother me

He may not be the killer but I FEEL in my heart of hearts,

He was the first rapist

And that Sean McKenna drugged her

That's what I always thought z and I will always think that, regardless the verdict

Strangely - not a fact to base the above opinions upon. (not really strange at all)

You did, however, manage to defame 2 people in the same post. Congrats

From The Nation article I linked above:

The Prosecution will present 60 witnesses " ... who are local police, forensic police personnel and footage from surveillance cameras, a court source said."
The defense has to show that such testimony and evidence does not or cannot rise to the standard of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. If the evidence is fake and the testimony perjurious, I have faith that the defense team will be able to demonstrate such to the Judge's satisfaction.

Archived