Reliable, cheap, basic phone?

I'm looking for a new phone, I've had several Samsung and although I haven't been that thrilled I wouldn't rule out buying another.

I don't like selfies, social media and if I want to work I'll use a computer, so a basic phone with the following features is fine:

- email

- camera

- maps

- Line

Any suggestions much appreciated.

What have you looked at and liked or disliked in features so far?

Small / Medium / Large size

Touch Display

CandyBar/Slab, FlipPhone/ClamShell, or Slider?

Physical Number Keypad, Full AlphaNum Keyboard, or touchscreen Keyboard

Dual or Single SIM

Basic, Feature or Smartphone (no apps; only built-in apps; or access to downloadable apps)

Nokia (Microsoft) still makes 'basic' and 'feature' phones ...are these OK, or are you looking for a lightweight smartphone?

I'm guessing that Nokia would be using Windows?? I'm also looking for a similar type of phone, but seem to think Android looks better, but no expert on this.

Someone has suggested Tesco Lotus have some good deals. Any thoughts?

ASUS Zenphone 4 - Great little phone, and small enough to put in your pocket, they are about 3k Baht now I think. Only downside is the battery life is not great if you use it a lot, used to last me all day when I am in Thailand, but when I am in Europe working, and making/taking far more calls, it couldn't last a day.

If you need longer battery life, then the bigger ASUS Zenphone 5 does the job nicely at about 5k Baht. Also has a surprisingly good camera.

Both of these are Android phones by the way.

Edited by Cam Khao

The simplest, safest phone I use is a clamshell Nokia, priced around 600 baht.

For a smart phone, the best value without doubt is the Cubot, priced at around 4000 baht. Some claim it is better than the iPhone 6 !

new g/f huh ?...... i will tell you , they do not want a cheapo phone .

A "basic" phone allows you to callout and accept incoming calls -- no maps, line, ( whatever that is ), or anything else.

I bought a very " Basic" Nokia several years ago, for 579 B and I even have a clock/ alarm/reminder/calendar + more but I can't shower with it nor, unlike my wife's phone, it will not toast bread or turn on/off appliances.

Nokia Fold (clam shell) is a super little 'phone. Fits your bill to a tee.

I got mine from Amazon UK @ about £20.00.

Mine, like much stuff on there, was advertised as re-condioned but 'as new.' It was clearly brand new,right down to the packaging, so there was something dodgy there.

I wasn't complaining though, little tinker that I am.

The same thing, new when advertised as re-con, with a Chinese made tablet I ot from Amazon.

Some sort of tax scam or back of a lorry stuff?

What have you looked at and liked or disliked in features so far?

Small / Medium / Large size

Touch Display

CandyBar/Slab, FlipPhone/ClamShell, or Slider?

Physical Number Keypad, Full AlphaNum Keyboard, or touchscreen Keyboard

Dual or Single SIM

Basic, Feature or Smartphone (no apps; only built-in apps; or access to downloadable apps)

Nokia (Microsoft) still makes 'basic' and 'feature' phones ...are these OK, or are you looking for a lightweight smartphone?

This is a don't like person, save your breath for the happy to be here.