blood test for workpermit

americansiam

Though my job is for six months (at one of the hotels), I need to get a blood test. Currently I am under medication for syphilis - (medicine prescribe from my doc in the States). If I show the doctor I am under medication will this make any difference to get a certified health certificate? Which doctor/ hospital would I go to in Pattaya that would understand what I am talking about? It cannot be at a quack clinic.

Please, I do not need members on the Pattaya forum to make jokes out of this.

Thanks to anyone that has good information. Not in the mood for comedians right now

I thought the check was for a certain chronic form of syphilis, not just early stage.... Could be mistaken though.

I would definitely try Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, if anyone can understand the issue, those folks can.

I thought the check was for a certain chronic form of syphilis, not just early stage.... Could be mistaken though.

That is correct.

Medical certificate issued in Thailand, not more than six months old. The applicant must be of sound mind and not suffer from alcoholism, narcotic addiction, leprosy, acute tuberculosis, elephantiasis or tertiary syphilis. All applicants will be required to have a blood test for tertiary syphilis

http://thailand.angloinfo.com/working/work-permits/getting-a-permit/

Well; I beg to differ here. I just had this Medical Report done and I was 'blood-tested', but (I understood) only for HIV.

If you PM me, I'll point you in the right direction, okay ?

Don't worry !

Cheers

I thought it was illegal to test for HIV?

There is no HIV test for a work permit/extension. Just the ones already mentioned.

I can assure you there is...unless it has changed since last Wednesday.

There is no HIV test for a work permit/extension. Just the ones already mentioned.

Your employer may require one, but Immigration/Dept of Employment don't.

HIV testing of employees is not permitted, according to the Ministry of Labour’s Code of Practice on Prevention and Management of HIV/AIDS in the Establishment. Section 5.1.1 states that there can be no requirement for testing for HIV/AIDS or any request for certification of whether a person is HIV-positive or negative as part of the screening of job applicants and employees or as part of the employment conditions.

If a request is made for the submission of HIV test results as part of an application, the request is likely to come from the school itself. In such cases complaints can be registered with the Ministry of Labour for non-compliance with government labour guidelines. However, it can be difficult to prove that an applicant was not hired because he/she did not submit test results or that a contract was not continued due to HIV positive test results or non-submission of test results.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

Your employer may require one, but Immigration/Dept of Employment don't.

That is correct though it is illegal for a school to demand one (HIV test) and can be contested. Of course contesting it presents its own problems. smile.png This is based on Ministry of Labour’s Code of Practice on Prevention and Management of HIV/AIDS Section 5.1.1