Best Islands In Thailand from those In The Know

cretan

What Islands would you recommend for a couple in their late 30's with two young children, something family orientated, clean beaches etc etc.

Wifes thai but knows little about the south.

I never made it to Koh Kud, it was on my hit list this year, unfortunately it's very hard to get to as you need to first get to Koh Chang by ferry, then do another trip, it was p1ssing rain during my stint and spoiled the opportunity. Maybe there's a speedboat option or VIP service from one of the Hotels there.........but I have heard it is like going back 20 years, not much to do etc...

My favourite beach I have been to is Koh Mook/ Trang. Sivalai resort is perched right on the tip of a beautiful beach that points into the sea with 270 degree panoramic view. There are some caves on the island and its great for cycling around, would be good for a family.

However, the island is closed as far as I know June-July each year

Just returned after 5 weeks in Thailand....spent 4 nights on Koh Samet which we used to love but not been there for 2 years and now all new road structure, much building and its turning a bit too commercial and has lost its uniqueness as far as I am concerned, but the real kicker that will make me think twice to return is that amount of Chinese tourists (say no more)....big shame really.....

You could look into Koh Kaw Kao in between Khao Lak and Takua Pa. Resorts are concentrated mainly at the southern tip of the island, at beaches elsewhere not a soul in sight. Hardly any traffic, so suitable for young children. But it is not a place where there is very much to do.

Koh Kood is nice but only for relaxing, nothing to do really.

quiet is good, many people have mentioned places with not much to do, we will make our own fun, if a place feels like a step back in time that's great, thanks.

Koh Noi at Trang, get there by boat, have to walk everywhere, beaches are good, no all night parties etc and its quiet. We go there for 3 day stints and its brilliant

Koh Noi at Trang, get there by boat, have to walk everywhere, beaches are good, no all night parties etc and its quiet. We go there for 3 day stints and its brilliant

sounds ideal, thanks for the tip I shall look it up, will be some time before I go but I like to plan ahead.

TV,

My favorite so far is Koh Lipe also considered the Maldives of Thailand. One of the best attractions of this island is the large coral reefs that completely surround the island. They are all accessible very easily by walking off the beach and are found in about 1 meter of water.

Kurt

An island that you have to get to by boat? What will they think of next!

Sorry mate, I couldn't resist.wink.png