Boy, 17, confesses to lethal Patong stabbing

webfact

Boy, 17, confesses to lethal Patong stabbing
Darawan Naknakhon

1433223600_1-org.jpg
Supan Legnok, 27, and Sooksan Srikaew, 22, have denied the charges against them. Photo: Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: A 17-year-old has confessed to fatally stabbing a man in a drunken brawl in Patong early yesterday morning (June 1).

The minor, called “Pat” by police, surrendered at Kathu police station today (June 2) after his mother convinced him to give himself up.

Officers were called to Soi Paradise, off Rat U-Thit 200 Pi Road, at 3:45am yesterday (June 1), where they found Somkid Jandawong, 23, from Amnat Charoen province, dead.

He had been stabbed in the torso four times. Officers found on the ground nearby a two-inch blade that had broken off from a knife.

Witnesses told police that they saw three men brawl with a lone diner at a khao tom (rice soup) shop in the street.

During the fight, one man stabbed Mr Somkid repeatedly, then escaped on a motorbike driven by a woman, they said.

Officers checked CCTV footage from cameras in the area, and just after midnight last night arrested Supan Legnok, 27, and Sooksan Srikaew, 22, on Soi Sainamyen.

Both were charged for being accomplices to murder and carrying weapons in public. Both denied the charges.

Soon after, police arrived Pat’s home, where officers convinced his mother to have Pat give himself up.

Pat, accompanied by his mother, surrendered at Kathu Police Station just hours later and confessed to stabbing Somkid.

“I went with Supan and Sooksan to eat khao tom at the restaurant and Somkid started talking nonsense to us,” Pat told police.

“He upset me when he starting cursing my mother, so I hit him. We fought, and when he fell on the ground I stabbed him four times,” he confessed.

Supan and Sooksan have denied the charges against thgem, and police have yet to confirm what charges will be pressed against Pat.

All three suspects are being at Kathu police station.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/boy-17-confesses-to-lethal-patong-stabbing-52568.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-06-02

An absolute tragedy for two families with so many other people who will be affected by this, whether there was drugs, alcohol (or both) involved it really doesn't matter.

One man is dead with another destined to carry the stigma and guilt for the rest of his life, over nothing more than a stupid argument.

So very, very preventable and so very,very sad...

whats with this new generation of kids especially in thailand and getting into fights even to extend of killing senselessly.

Nothing new about this at all.

It's been going on for at least thirty years.

Ever heard about the brawls between technical colleges?

Its not only in Thailand. Its happening in many of the countries I go, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore...

Probably parents are too busy these days and teachers are not allow to discipline students...

peteregion, regarding your last sentence...for a minute there I thought you was talking about the situation in the US

Careless parents ( if they are too busy with other things, they are careless ), teachers who give a damn and laws to weak or not prosecuted. Not only in Thailand, in many other countries, too. A plus here is the stupid loss of face, reason enough to kill for many. Unless things don't change from the roots, we will read stuff lie this again and again.