still cannot believe it

cretan

My wife and kids and I were going for a walk a while back, I stopped to show them something in a tree, can't remember what when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

Now I still cannot believe what this man said, he was from Europe I think, He said and I quote "can I take a photo with your Daughter", he did not have a camera I noticed and then he motioned towards my Camera.

Still shocked my reply was " What the @#$%, did you just ask to take a pick with my Daughter", my Daughter is only 10 by the way, he looks at me with a straight face and says "yes, is that ok".

He wanted a picture with my Daughter, with my Camera, So what's the point he cant keep the pic if its on my camera, and the obvious fact that she is a little girl, this situation has stuck in my mind, what is the world coming to, what did he think would happen, did he think I would let him snap away.

you think you have seen it all, and then.

Surely he was just offering to take a nice photo of the two of you together. You know, like people do for tourists sometimes.

I've had people offer to do this loads of times. I've never suspected them of anything other than an interest in photography and a generous nature.

Goodness me, you post a lot of crap, don't you ! thumbsup.gif

Any possibility that you can avail yourself of something that resembles a life and think before you post?

Is your name Richard per chance? blink.png

Edited by thequietman

Surely he was just offering to take a nice photo of the two of you together. You know, like people do for tourists sometimes.

I've had people offer to do this loads of times. I've never suspected them of anything other than an interest in photography and a generous nature.

he clearly asked twice for a photo of himself with her, not us.

I think you probably misunderstood the situation.

That is very strange and creepy. In Vietnam I have had young people in groups ask me to take a photo of them with my camera. I guess they wanted to be put on someone's facebook. I just took the photo and then erased it when they left.

And how would he manage, taking a picture of himself and your daughter, with your camera?

Something very weird about the OP's posts / topics. I do believe there is a bit of trolling happening here Cretan.

Edited by Rooo

Goodness me, you post a lot of crap, don't you ! thumbsup.gif

Any possibility that you can avail yourself of something that resembles a life and think before you post?

Is your name Richard per chance? blink.png

will take note of that quietman, thankyou.

I will stop travelling the world with my family and get a life, and be sure to not post about things that are highly unusual observations and post about more interesting things such as how to repair an umbrella, or better yet, how to keep mosquitos of my dog.

when I do make a thread that meets your standards be sure to tell me please, as we must be sure to only post threads that appeal to you yes, keep in mind quietman your welcome to skip the threads but you pathetically posted in one you dislike, yet I am the one with no life.

bottom line we are all here to share experience, some exciting some as boring as bat S@#t but that's what conversation is, no need to be so negative.

And how would he manage, taking a picture of himself and your daughter, with your camera?

I never said he managed to take a photo, I said he asked.

this is exactly why I posted this story, you have to admit it is a highly unusual question for a man to ask a father.

but I have no doubt about what he said as I repeated it clearly and he said yes, a pic of him and my daughter.

there was no misunderstanding I made sure of that, now if something so in your face crazy happened to you, don't tell me you would not talk about it.

Something very weird about the OP's posts / topics. I do believe there is a bit of trolling happening here Cretan.

nothing more annoying then people always throwing the troll word around, paranoia.

A troll looks for a bite, like you are, i'm telling a story, your making accusations, that's trolling my friend.

nothing more annoying then people always throwing the troll word around, paranoia.

A troll looks for a bite, like you are, i'm telling a story, your making accusations, that's trolling my friend.

Very inventive person, way with words, respect, still a TROLL. Cretan & Cretin , hmmmmmmmmmmm no don't mean a thing.

Edited by Rooo

"He said and I quote "can I take a photo with your Daughter", "

He does not mention himself, so it was not clear. Clear only in how your processed events afterwards.

I tend to think SoiBiker might be right here...it's a matter of perception. You did say he was from Europe...English was not his first language.

And that he stuck around and said "yes" strengthens the idea that he was innocently offering to take a photo (of you) with your daughter.

Alternatively, he was an aspiring camera thief.

Interesting how the story keeps changing.

I challenge you to find a single change in the story, even a small twist.

post the change, show it, call it out, if you cant you just proved your full of it.

post the change, show it, call it out, if you cant you just proved your full of it.

See my post, just prior to yours....that points it out.

You obviously replied to Soi before getting to the bottom of the page.

I think you've had more than enough attention already.

He does not mention himself, so it was not clear. Clear only in how your processed events afterwards.

I tend to think SoiBiker might be right here...it's a matter of perception. You did say he was from Europe...English was not his first language.

And that he stuck around and said "yes" strengthens the idea that he was innocently offering to take a photo (of you) with your daughter.

Alternatively, he was an aspiring camera thief.

you say he does not mention himself, can I take a pic with your daughter, what does I mean where you come from.

I repeated it and asked him, he confirmed it, his English was very very good despite the accent, I been all over Europe, he spoke fluently and made it very clear what he wanted.

"he clearly asked twice for a photo of himself with her, not us."

more than just a small twist.

where is the twist, if you don't believe the story your welcome to push on, what you just pointed out is the same thing, can I take a photo with your daughter, then you point out a photo of himself with her, same thing,

where is the twist, if you don't believe the story your welcome to push on, what you just pointed out is the same thing, can I take a photo with your daughter, then you point out a photo of himself with her, same thing,

Anyone can see that your two statements are different. The first, and you quote, he does not mention himself, clearly. Your second (and third, not quoted here) statement says he did mention himself.