Ford Chonburi Body repair service.........

Just a heads up for everyone to know what to expect from Ford Chonuri,

my car needed to go in to Ford Chonburi for some body work

(no crash, had dents on roof(big) and bonnet after flash storm)

once insurance etc was sorted, ford told us to bring car in on 15th May

and said it would need to be there 15 dayssad.png

15 days i thought was a long time just to sort some dents,

when i got to ford to drop car off,

i was told can collect on 3rd of June (today) which is 19 daysblink.png

Today we called ford Chonburi to see if car was ready to collect,

and was told maybe the weekend as they have not started the work yet.

so car has been sitting there for nearly 3 weeks (while i am paying to rent one)

and work has not even been started, and no phone call to say car is not ready yet,

so they would have been happy to let us waste time to come all the way from pattaya to collect,

and see car is in exact same condition as when it was dropped off 19 days ago.angry.gif

luckily i have been here long enough to know to call to check before turning up.saai.gif

Edited by yoboots

This is common for all makes of car......are Ford doing the work at their own garage or is it contracted out?

sometimes the insurance companies give you a list of places you can get the repairs done......and this can give you the option of chossing a shop you think will be quicker.

Ford is doing it at their shop, hence why it needed to go to Ford Chonuri and not Ford Pattaya,

as Chonuri is where they do body repair,

the insurance company did give us a list of few smaller places more local,

but car is still very new and still under warranty,

i did not want use another shop,

in case later i needed something done under warranty,

and Ford could give me the

eh mister u take car place fix no good warranty no cover now, answer

Not necessarily the case - if they recommend a different repair shop, they will do the work under warranty. All insurance companies have lists of "approved" workshops - the reason for this is that sometimes the first-on-the-list shops end up with a massive backlog.

One example of this was the registration of new cars under the 100k "discount" scheme - it released a huge number of new cars onto the roads and resulted in backups at the body repair shops.

Have you actually been to the shop in Chonburi?

Have you asked for a courtesy car from them?

your having a laugh courtesy car,

yes i did ask when they told me 19 days when i dropped car off,

and obviously i have been to chonburi shop, as i dropped car off therefacepalm.gif

i think you are missing what i am saying, warranty comes from Ford,

car warranty has nothing to do with insurance,

yes if i was to claim off INSURANCE again it would be fine if i took car to any their approved place before,

If i needed something done under WARRANTY,

i dont want FORD saying its a problem caused by shoddy work done elsewhere

i have been here too long to know any excuse to get out of doing something, quickly becomes the answer you get.

why i chose where to get work done is irrelevant to my post,

i am posting to let others know what to expect from FORD Chonburi

work is probably 2-3 days, 1 week at a snails pace

told 15 days prior to dropping car off

told 19 days when i dropped car off

waited 19 days, and phoned before making my way from pattaya to chonburi

and told work has not even been started yet

Edited by yoboots

This appears to be an insurance claim?

"my car needed to go in to Ford Chonburi for some body work

(no crash, had dents on roof(big) and bonnet after flash storm)

once insurance etc was sorted, ford told us to bring car in on 15th May

and said it would need to be there 15 day" - Yes?

I fail to see how roof storm damage is a warranty job...or that work carried out by an "approved" bbodyshop would void any warranty.

whether you dropped the car off or had it collected from Ford Pattaya, you didn't make clear - I would also ask if you had been over to Chonburi to check up on the work......as you seem to be aware that jobs like this can take a ridiculously long time, what is needed is to get on top of them check progress and keep the pressure up......

I have had courtesy cars from both Mitsu and Nissan......if you don't ask you don't get. it also has the effect of making them work faster as either your insurance company or Ford is paying for it

i know you have chosen to go down one particular course but others reading this thread may find some of my tips worth keeping for future reference.

Edited by cumgranosalum

I can't speak for Chonburi but my car had minor damage repairs done at Ford in Pathumthani. Took a bit over two weeks but we had to wait more than a month before they could fit us in. And the results were appalling, very shody repairs by the main Ford repair shop for Bangkok area. We are now waiting for the forth visit to fix their mess.

Our understanding is that apart from the massive lack of Ford service centers, there is little or no training by Ford concessionaires, and virtually no supervision by management.

To add insult to injury a plastic fitment under the front number has just fallen off. The car is 9 months old.

Edited by Guest

why is such a simple post so difficult for you to read and understand, why does it need follow up comments.

none of your tips are useful mate.

all i am doing is letting people know what to expect.

your replies are pointless

What you are saying is not really that uncommon. It was a bit the same when my wife had to have a new sill on her Toyota.

They said they would need the vehicle for a couple of weeks and she asked why. They said they would have to remove the sill to identify it, then order a replacement and then have it sprayed before they could start the work.

It really is a question of what they meant by "start ".

As it happens we live in Chonburi.

Edited by sandyf

I can't speak for Chonburi but my car had minor damage repairs done at Ford in Pathumthani. Took a bit over two weeks but we had to wait more than a month before they could fit us in. And the results were appalling, very shody repairs by the main Ford repair shop for Bangkok area. We are now waiting for the forth visit to fix their mess.

Our understanding is that apart from the massive lack of Ford service centers, there is little or no training by Ford concessionaires, and virtually no supervision by management.

To add insult to injury a plastic fitment under the front number has just fallen off. The car is 9 months old.

It is no surprise that body shops are overworked in Thailand. When we needed some work doing on the back of the pickup, we had to wait about 5 months to get into the shop that the insurance company preferred.

As I said before, this sort of thing is very common, regardless of the Brand of vehicle.

however if one takes time to think about it there are often ways around this...it just takes a bit of thought (and restraint) and of course smiling helps...

A good body shop is a busy body shop :)

The lesson here is, don't let them just put your car into storage so it's available when it suits them - tell them to give you one day's notice when they actually need the car. Another factor here is that insurance companies do like the car being stored at the repairer while it's in the queue, so they can be assured no further damage will happen to it (or if it does, they know who is responsible).

None of this has anything to do with Ford per se - it's standard.

A good body shop is a busy body shop smile.png

The lesson here is, don't let them just put your car into storage so it's available when it suits them - tell them to give you one day's notice when they actually need the car. Another factor here is that insurance companies do like the car being stored at the repairer while it's in the queue, so they can be assured no further damage will happen to it (or if it does, they know who is responsible).

a good body shop will be well managed and will be run competently and cope with a heavy workload quickly and efficiently

a good body shop will be well managed and will be run competently and cope with a heavy workload quickly and efficiently

And would probably need to take up 600 rai.. good luck with that :)

I'd check the mileage on return. My previous Toyota went in for repair to a few little knocks gathered over time and came back two weeks later with +2,300 km on the clock. I guess they'd been using for their own purposes. Needless to say they denied it. I always take a photo of the odometer before leaving it with anyone these days. Just in case.

And would probably need to take up 600 rai.. good luck with that smile.png

you take on the work you can do...simple.