How Thailand has reacted to the Leicester City racist sex tape scandal

webfact

It's Thailand's own fault. For decades they have allowed Thai women to be degraded as prostitutes and whores. The world knows Thailand as a place where you can buybsex anywhere and any time. Too many decent and honest thai women are humiliated because of decades of thai government allowing prostitution and sex tourism. Prostitution is illegal in Thailand, but yet it is everywhere. Why would anyone respect such a laughable system? People around the world thinks that Thai women are for sale and have little dignity and low morals. That is the truth.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The footie crowd, players and fans alike are yobboes and thickoes. The wall to wall footie and sports in general, has ruined many good bars. These guys should be sacked.

The footie crowd ? This will include the owners of Leicester City. Did you mean to insult them or was it a foot in mouth moment ?
The whole footie thing. Especially the owners.

It's Thailand's own fault. For decades they have allowed Thai women to be degraded as prostitutes and whores. The world knows Thailand as a place where you can buybsex anywhere and any time. Too many decent and honest thai women are humiliated because of decades of thai government allowing prostitution and sex tourism. Prostitution is illegal in Thailand, but yet it is everywhere. Why would anyone respect such a laughable system? People around the world thinks that Thai women are for sale and have little dignity and low morals. That is the truth.

Prostitution is regulated, not completely illegal, and has been a part of Thai culture forever.

Yes, do you want to criticise men who see Thai women in Britain and Australia, and walk up to them and say with a grin "I pay bar, short-time, I go with you" ?? The man has said that to a woman, he doesn't know her at all, or he only knows a little bit about her. Or he saw the woman in a pub in England, and noticed she said a few Thai-sounding words on her mobile phone, and walked pass her and said his stuff ?

Do you want to blast such men ? And right now, with this stuff from the footballers, it might be the case that the amount of abuse that Thai/Asian women get in Europe might increase momentarily.

Prostitution is regulated, not completely illegal, and has been a part of Thai culture forever.

World culture, not Thai culture. Thai are more honest about it.

The trio's remarks were said in a joking manor which should not be taken to be meant offensively any more than remarks like pom limey or yank. The girls were doing what most bar girls do and I would bet they have no complaints. It seems to me from the tape I have seen a good time was had by all.

And "slit eye" may very well have been referring to the vertical slit. Why jump to the worst conclusion?

Good point, but he probably isn't/wasn't that clever. However, he may actually like "slitty eyes". I prefer "slutty eyes" myself. Would that be racist of me?

Speaking of racism in Thailand, ran across a "Racism in Thailand" Wiki entry (for some really serious ethnicist actions in Thailand that goes far beyond sex-play banter - what was the real injury to the woman by the player's eye-style comment?):

"Thailand's ethnic minorities have been subjected to widespread racism in Thailand for a very long time. Especially the 1 million-over members of Thailand's hill tribes were viewed as being illiterate drug peddlers and opium-growers, with Thai mainstream media perpetuating this image."

"Thai Chinese, who now make up 14% of Thailand's population, also have had to bear xenophobic sentiments. Besides having had their Chinese languages and writing suppressed during the Thaification period of the mid 20th century, those of Chinese descent have been forced to change their last names to "Thai" sounding names."

"As in much of Asia, dark skin is equated with outdoor labor conditions and the lower classes, but, contrary to the view in Western countries, it is not connected to slavery."

And on and on and on ... Russians, Eastern Europeans, Xenophobia, etc. Anyone who has lived in or even visited Thailand has experienced it.

So, if I get called a "round-eye" by some Thai in any context, will I be complaining to the Bangkok Post? (rhetorical question). In fact, I'd love it if some sexy Thai woman said to me: "Come here, round-eye". But maybe that's just me.

Edited by MaxYakov

Thailand needs to eliminate prostitution.

How and why?

Consenting adults can choose what they do.

Never has prostitution been eliminated and for very good reasons.

Not all prostitutes are sluts as referenced.

Some are able to provide comfort to one in need , who does not want a serious relationship and neither does she.

Enough said!

Forced slave prostitution,which is not true prostitution is abhorrent!

It's kind of ironic that the whole eye shape thing doesn't really apply to most Thai people, that's more of a Chinese thing.

Yes, but look at the Thais who have got money. They're the ones who have the slitty or slanty eyes. There eyes are the same as the Chinese eyes. And yes, anybody who has got slitty eyes does not like racial abuse.

People from Europe might feel that the slitty eyes are actually funny and comical. People from Europe might walk up to a person with slitty eyes and do the following. The fingers are placed on the side of each eye, and the skin is gently pulled back, hence, making the European eyes more slant or slitty. This is something you can do in front of a slitty eyed person in Europe, but doing it in Asia is not really regarded as funny. And anyone who has been to China on bussiness will find it tempting to do this, but they instinctively know it's not the done thing.

The Thais who have the slitty eyes might feel just as offended as the Chinese when it comes to racial abuse based on the grounds of slitty eyes. Actually, the Japanese and Koreans also have slitty eyes, they might feel the same way.

You, sir, are a complete tool!! You are of the opinion that people from Europe think that 'slitty eyes' are funny?? What planet do you come from?

Well, I didn't say everybody in Europe thinks that 'slitty eyes' are funny. But some people do feel that way. I certainly don't.

People on ThaiVisa go on and on about the Chinese tourists in Thailand, how they find the Chinese tourists annoying and rude. I bet those people do feel tempted sometimes, to look at a group of Chinese tourists, walk up to them, and then use the fingers to pull back the skin on the side of their eyes, make their eyes as slitty as the Chinese eyes, try to annoy them.

It's kind of ironic that the whole eye shape thing doesn't really apply to most Thai people, that's more of a Chinese thing.

Yes, but look at the Thais who have got money. They're the ones who have the slitty or slanty eyes. There eyes are the same as the Chinese eyes. And yes, anybody who has got slitty eyes does not like racial abuse.

People from Europe might feel that the slitty eyes are actually funny and comical. People from Europe might walk up to a person with slitty eyes and do the following. The fingers are placed on the side of each eye, and the skin is gently pulled back, hence, making the European eyes more slant or slitty. This is something you can do in front of a slitty eyed person in Europe, but doing it in Asia is not really regarded as funny. And anyone who has been to China on bussiness will find it tempting to do this, but they instinctively know it's not the done thing.

The Thais who have the slitty eyes might feel just as offended as the Chinese when it comes to racial abuse based on the grounds of slitty eyes. Actually, the Japanese and Koreans also have slitty eyes, they might feel the same way.

You, sir, are a complete tool!! You are of the opinion that people from Europe think that 'slitty eyes' are funny?? What planet do you come from?

post-90851-0-33666500-1433464062_thumb.j

And here are some women making their eyes slitty. They're not from Europe, but still. Actually, imagine the footballers doing this in front of the camera as part of their abuse.

The trio's remarks were said in a joking manor which should not be taken to be meant offensively any more than remarks like pom limey or yank. The girls were doing what most bar girls do and I would bet they have no complaints. It seems to me from the tape I have seen a good time was had by all.

Casual racism is always a bit of a joke.

What about the odd manslaughter that was a bit of a joke?

Sure no one died, but hate crimes were committed.

'goodwill tour' should bring added responsibility but I remember when I was young and stupid so it's not a hanging offence but Thais love to be 'outraged' when they don't seem to mind all the sex clubs and bars everywhere

what hypocrites

Edited by LannaGuy

'goodwill tour' should bring added responsibility but I remember when I was young and stupid so it's not a hanging offence but Thais love to be 'outraged' when they don't seem to mind all the sex clubs and bars everywhere

what hypocrites

But other in the farang tourist areas, and even there it's only in a very few bars, you won't actually see any sex. Thais make no secret about visiting prostitutes or having mia nois - but not in public. Explicit sex and racist abuse on the internet is an understandable "outrage" for mainstream Thais and quite a few westerners!

Perhaps when everyone comes down off their high horse that this is how Thailand is perceived in some quarters in parts of the world and not only the young but the old as well and no matter how much spiel TAT wants to send out this is the end result , back in 1997 Thailand's sex industry and it's dirty reputation was the only product making money the rest of the country was in a recession along with the rest of Asia ( The Thaitantic Period ) , besides short memories that some have, I don't think Thailand's shoddy reputation has improved much since then. in some quarters in some parts of the world. coffee1.gif

Perhaps when everyone comes down off their high horse that this is how Thailand is perceived in some quarters in parts of the world and not only the young but the old as well and no matter how much spiel TAT wants to send out this is the end result , back in 1997 Thailand's sex industry and it's dirty reputation was the only product making money the rest of the country was in a recession along with the rest of Asia ( The Thaitantic Period ) , besides short memories that some have, I don't think Thailand's shoddy reputation has improved much since then. in some quarters in some parts of the world. coffee1.gif

I don't the tourists from China and other parts of Asia, who make up the most important part of Thailand's tourist economy these days, perceive Thailand to be as you describe.

Prostitution is not illegal in Thailand, privately selling or buying sex for money is not prohibited.

Secondly, I believe prostitution to be one of the signs of individual freedom in a country, the same as freedom of thought and expression, free enterprise.

Democracy is more and more being denatured into a dictature of the majority instead of preserving minorities' freedoms.

Well, I didn't say everybody in Europe thinks that 'slitty eyes' are funny. But some people do feel that way. I certainly don't.

People on ThaiVisa go on and on about the Chinese tourists in Thailand, how they find the Chinese tourists annoying and rude. I bet those people do feel tempted sometimes, to look at a group of Chinese tourists, walk up to them, and then use the fingers to pull back the skin on the side of their eyes, make their eyes as slitty as the Chinese eyes, try to annoy them.

And hopefully the Chinese would not care; you are what you are and racism is not tolerated by me.

Yes very bitter and of highest morale ; hang on whose morality? Standards.

Can I lick your feet!

Edited by buhi

Can I lick your feet!

He has a point. I have a daughter, the image of Thailand is not good. He is not being morale, he is stating a reality. Never seen so many foreigners that I have come here since the Asian crisis looking for women etc..why?

It's got out of control, to persuasive..

Whose morality..it's universal..

It's a shame.

The defenders of prostitution are out in full force I can see. I wonder why... I assume you wouldn't be visiting or staying in Thailand if prostitution was limited. You are proving my point.

This thread is not about the prevalence of prostitution in Thai culture. It's about racist abuse of women by professional footballers.

Can I lick your feet!

He has a point. I have a daughter, the image of Thailand is not good. He is not being morale, he is stating a reality. Never seen so many foreigners that I have come here since the Asian crisis looking for women etc..why?

It's a shame.

I hope you were agreeing with me; not a Thai thing, universal ; Thai accept it and not make moral judgements.

Stated before, forced prostituion is aborrhent, but sex of whatever kind between consenting adults is a fact. Thai beach lover likes sucking arse, or having his arse sucked, up to him as long as he is not forcing anyone to indulge.

Can I lick your feet!

It's a shame.

i have a daughter too, step daughter, though I raised her.

I was just writing to a friend about her.

She is strong, beautiful, but I know she learnt a lot from me and has a good future.

Not all Thai women are tarts and most are just normalish people.

I admit one of my best friends is a bar woman, at 39 I cannot call her a girl. Her choice and I know the reasons why and that is private between her and me.

I do know a thing or two and some do not realise that.

Enough said.

Edited by buhi

And hopefully the Chinese would not care; you are what you are and racism is not tolerated by me.

Well, if a football player on tour in China, was to pull the side of his eyes back, making them slitty, and have a photo taken, well, he will probably be destroying any positive action being done by the tour.

Individual people who are annoyed with Chinese tourists, and who do this, well, those individuals have nothing to lose. But life, I think people should not abuse others, whether they have anything to lose or not.

• 4 weeks later...