Retirement Visas

Cheeky of me to move this to the top again, but let me clarify.

I recently read a post here which for some reason I cannot find again on search (was it removed?) which said quite clearly they had spoken to an immigration official (I think they said in Pattaya) who told them that the FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS for both the retirement visa and the support a Thai visa would be announced by the end of the year. By changed, if this is true and given the current climate, we could assume that would be changed in bad way for us.

So, I wanted some of the people here who have real connections to followup on that. This concerns me personally, but I imagine lots of others are also interested.

Edited by Thaiquila

Cheeky of me to move this to the top again, but let me clarify.

I recently read a post here which for some reason I cannot find again on search (was it removed?) which said quite clearly they had spoken to an immigration official (I think they said in Pattaya) who told them that the FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS for both the retirement visa and the support a Thai visa would be announced by the end of the year. By changed, if this is true and given the current climate, we could assume that would be changed in bad way for us.

So, I wanted some of the people here who have real connections to followup on that. This concerns me personally, but I imagine lots of others are also interested.

We have not heard any news yet.

www.sunbeltasia.group.com

Thanks, Sunbelt, I suppose no news is good news?

hear_no_evil_monkey_2.jpg

However, I did find the post I was talking about. Again, does anyway have any more info about this? ---

From Jomtien Immigration Office (Pattaya) about 2 hour ago :

"The 3 million baht investment visa will no longer be available in October...

... but a 10 million baht investment visa will substitute it."

"The renewal will be possible by investing 7 million baht more..."

"Most visa financial requirement will be "updated" before the end of 2006 "

"The 2 border runs limitation will not concern people arriving in thailand by plane"

There was an "unofficial meeting" this afternoon at the Immigration Office

with several people of the "Pattaya Expat Club".

I suppose they will make soon a complete report on their web site.

Wait & see...

Pataya46

Sounds like more bad news coming. This time for retirement and marriage visas. This stuff really stinks for all.

Edited by Thaiquila

I personally think that the 65,000 baht per month minimum income is WAY over the top already. I know guys who get between 40,000 and 50,000 baht per month pensions and they cannot get a retirement visa even though that is MANY times the average Thai income.

If you don't have the minimum monthly income you can have 800,000 baht in a Thai bank to qualify. The most interesting part of that is that according to the Thai government two can live cheaper than one. If you have a Thai wife you only need 400,000. :o

Is there a financial requirement to obtain a Non "O" visa if you're married to a Thai national? I thought the financial requirement was for the annual extension, not for the visa itself?

CC

I went to see the Immigration Officers in Chiang Mai this morning and was told about money needed to apply for a non-Immigrant visa ... see attachment. dutchdellboy2

Is there a financial requirement to obtain a Non "O" visa if you're married to a Thai national? I thought the financial requirement was for the annual extension, not for the visa itself?

CC

I went to see the Immigration Officers in Chiang Mai this morning and was told about money needed to apply for a non-Immigrant visa ... see attachment.

Any review of the amount required for Retirement visa might be like previous ones new figures say 1 milllion for new applicants and you stay on previous amount if you have been here long time. Im on 800000 baht but others who have been here long time are on 200000 or 400000 baht. Yet another reason to comply with the rules and not let your visa lapse for any reason. Maybe!

Hi Guys ...new to here but not to LOS..

I am wondering..does a retiremnt visa come with a multiple-entry option ..

What I mean is..can one travel freely and return back to LOS with no problems...

I know there is a motza of info out there...but someone there would be on the ball I think...

SoM

Hi

No probléme it's possible ...but you need to ask and to pay a little more for the "multiple-entry"...

@+

Hi Guys ...new to here but not to LOS..

I am wondering..does a retiremnt visa come with a multiple-entry option ..

What I mean is..can one travel freely and return back to LOS with no problems...

I know there is a motza of info out there...but someone there would be on the ball I think...

SoM

Hi

No probléme it's possible ...but you need to ask and to pay a little more for the "multiple-entry"...

@+

Thanks for your reply Mamsun...

SoM