Volume Control for Bluetooth Speakers

johnnort

Hello Technophobes,

I will start off by saying I have very little knowledge of Bluetooth. I have ordered from AliExpress (probably China´s Amazon) a pair of 50 watt x 2 waterproof, amplified and Bluetooth speakers for a motorcycle. They are yet to arrive. I asked the seller how the volume was controlled as photos of the speakers did not show any method. The reply:- They are primarily designed to use with a Bluetooth mobile phone and the volume would be controlled on the phone. There is a jack to attach an MP3 player or what have you that does not have Bluetooth capabilities and again the volume will be controlled using that device. I said that the volume from these phones etc. were very low and with the speakers having a rating of 2 x 50 watt output how do you achieve the load volume? He replied that it works with the phone. There was also some talk of the possibility of a mobile phone burning out but I did not understand what was said. I also do not understand how the volume can be controlled from the phone using Bluetooth. Surely a signal or pulse is sending the read only music out but is there a signal for volume as well? If there is then the volume output from the speakers would only be that of the phone output? Am I correct? Hope not!

In effect I am looking for the max volume output of speakers, owing to wind noise etc. from riding the mc, and preferably use a Bluetooth device to play the music. Can this happen? I knew I always had the option of using a small amplifier with USB port to connect to the speakers via the jack but that was my fail-safe and last option.

I trust I have put enough coherent details down for someone to explain all this to me. I can but hope! Thank you!

PS. Just to reiterate the speakers have not yet arrived.

Bluetooth audio sends not only the audio, but also the volume setting. The seller has given you correct advice - all you need to do is pair the speakers to your phone/ipod and the rest, including volume, is controlled from the player.

BTW, the correct greeting would have been: Hello Technophiles :)

WOW! That was quick! Thanks IMHO. Do you know if the volume will be dependent apon the Bluetooth device´s or the amplified speakers? And what about burn out of mobile?

The volume setting is transmitted to the speakers expressed as a percent (i.e. 0-100) - they should know what do with it from there :)

What about burning out of the mobile, indeed.. blink.png Is there something you missed out of that question? :P

Archived