Would you marry out of pity

Pik

Would you marry out of pity?

Sure - why not. Doesn't everyone?

If you love them, you have have empathy for them, meaning you pity them at the core..

That's close enough and far enough at the same time. I married a girl because she was an "illegal alien". Not bad looking for an alien. She had a serious visa situation in Australia and an abusive boyfriend, exploiting it. She was very good looking, and red hot, so, I did the right thing. It lasted six months. She invited me to her 2nd wedding.

I think most of you on here take this whole relationship thing much to lightly.......

I really believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing ......that money can buy..................coffee1.gif

While I imagine this happens more often than one would think, I doubt they know it's the reason.

I tend to agree. I am sure many would say, "It's a pity I got married." However, I do know of one case many years ago in Vietnam. A friend had two bargirl "gfs," one of them found out about the other and had her severly beaten. The beaten girl was in bad shape and the other threatened her life if she ever saw my friend again. The irony was the friend actually preferred the offending girl, but out of pity, or maybe in spite, my friend married the beaten girl and took her back to the States. They were married almost 30 years before he died; she cheated on him relentlessly during that time. He left her everything. I guess I would simply have to add 'pity' to the list of lousy reasons to get married.