Need help for choose air conditioner

Hello for all.

I have problems with my air conditioning.
Not cold enough... Usually problem for Thai:) I want 27-29 C. No need 22-24 C. (When outside is 35-40).
About my room:
1. Shop with a large glass.
2. Size room: 3.72 m X 4.96 m = 18.45 m (12.2 'ft X 16.27' ft = 198,494 sq ft).
3. The height of the room: 3 meters (9.84 'ft).
4. Glass size: 3.72 m X 3 meter = 11.16 square meters (12.2 'ft X 9.84' ft = 120,048 sq ft).
5. It is one floor building with hot cover.
About my air conditioner
1. Name: Mitsubisi Heavy Duty
2. Form: SRC13CNS
3. BTU: 11 986.70 / 3600 W.
I think it is not enough for this room and I want to change or make something...
I choose two air con with 18 000 BTU:
1. LG K18HN
2. LG X18CN
But I don't know LG is good or bad in Thai?
18 000 is enough or not for my shop?
And I can buy second hand air con.. If somebody have..
Edited by Free4ert

You mention 2 major heat sources which are difficult for anyone online to properly understand (big window, hot roof).

Have you confirmed that the existing AC is actually working properly? i.e. not low on gas, not running at low voltage, not icing up, and has been professionally cleaned within the last 6 months?

if yes to these, what temperature difference (delta) is it actually able to make?

Why don't you look at fixing the heat sources first. Sun Screens, roof insulation, reflective paint etc are going to be cheaper than fitting and running a new aircon.

First is, check the AC is actually working to spec :)

After that, let's see what delta temps it gets - that will then indicate whether the cheapest up-front cost is fixing the heat sources, or replacing the AC :)

I can not make insulation. It is not my own place. I rent this shop.

Clean make him better.

I think problem in out side block...outside is so dirty..

Maybe I need move outside block to another location. How many meters (or ft) between inside and outside blocks is normal? Free install - 4 meters. Can I use 8-11 meter pipe ?

Clean make him better.

Maybe I need move outside block to another location. How many meters (or ft) between inside and outside blocks is normal? Free install - 4 meters. Can I use 8-11 meter pipe ?

Most AC's can support pipes this long, yes. If you have and brand and model number, it shouldn't be hard to find the specs on it.

Clean make him better.

Most AC's can support pipes this long, yes. If you have and brand and model number, it shouldn't be hard to find the specs on it.

Yes. I know brand and model.. I choose Sharp for me. I don't know good or bad for Thai.

I choose between Sharp, Daikin, Panasonic.

In specs - 15 m maximum.

Clean make him better.

I would have thought you need to renovate the interior of a shop to run a business. Insulation above the suspended ceiling and behind dry walls would cut heat transmission down by 70%.

There is no other choice but daikin or mitsu, too long to explain but they are not fighting to be number 1 without reasons...

I believe Mitsu and Mitsubishi are different brands?

Presuming you mean Mitsubishi or is the Mitsu indeed a good make?

Edited by cheeryble

There is no other choice but daikin or mitsu, too long to explain but they are not fighting to be number 1 without reasons...

I believe Mitsu and Mitsubishi are different brands?

Presuming you mean Mitsubishi or is the Mitsu indeed a good make?

Nope. but there are two different brands making AC's in Thailand:

Mitsubishi Electric: https://www.mitsubishi-kyw.co.th/index.php

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries: http://www.maco.co.th/

In any case, the post you're replying to is wrong anyway - there are several other v.good brands missing - most notably for the domestic market is Saijo Denki.... Samsung and Panasonic are also decent in the higher end.

Edited by IMHO

Check out SAMSUNG. I was able to buy a 21,000 BTU 2 stage unit with Inverter for under B25,000 installed (Bangkok) at POWER MALL in Siam Paragon. Granted it was at an annual "Clearance Sale" but I've checked since and if you keep an eye on regular promotional events, you can come very close.

Prior to this unit I had a 15 year old 20,000 (?) BTU unit and monthly elect bills even in the cooler months were topping B6000 for my 50 s/m studio. Since I installed the new unit in late December I have yet to have a bill of more than B2700, including the very hot months of March, April & May. That is with the unit always running all night and probably 50% of the day. I am usually away 4 or 5 days a month when it is off.

I really like the "Inverter" feature. Rather than turning "Off" & "On" constantly with the commensurate raising and lowering of the inside temp., the fan unit changes speed matching the need for cooling thus little temp variation in the room and much less stress on the unit constantly turning off & on. Most of what I previously read says that "Inverters" save up to 30% and I believe it. Well worth the added cost.

I did not expect my new AC to pay for itself in under a year but in just 6 months, it's already very close.

Edited by dddave

Samsung is good for fridges, not for aircon, you will understand soon.

Your old aircon obviously has a problem and it is the reason of your bill, any new aircon would be better.

Inverter does not mean changing th fan speed it means changing the compressor speed but for users it change nothing, old style aircon can also kept ON allthe time, just don't e like stupid local who set it to 24 to have it working all the time. 26 or 27 its more than enough when outside temp is 35+

I choose between daikin and panasonic. No inverter. Really I want to buy inverter model. But I asked air service near my room (3-4 air con shop's) and they don't know how to fix inverter problems. And I need wait replacement parts 1-2 months. It is impossible for me :( No inverter I can buy heigh class. A lot of brands use a same part in non inverter air con. It is good for me. Quick replace. Why panasonic? Because I want to buy air con with price no more than 25 000 THB. Low end Mitsubishi Electric/Daikin or High End Panasonic. For Panasonic my friend make discount )) he he. My installation is not normal. 10 meters pipe. He will make 1 m - 450 THB. Not same all shop 1 m - 1000 THB.

Replace. I haven't place for one more outside unit. Really I understand Mitsubishi Electric is better. But 28-30k THB it is not good for me. Because with air con I need to change watt meter.. Breaker's. All with Panasonic 25k THb is 41k THB. And in Panasonic and in Mitsubishi Electric used same parts :) in Daikin same. It is true only for non inverter.

Wife has to replace aircon in a place I own so I've had a look into this.

Started with the he viewpoint that simple is best....non inverter....and they don't save much elec unless you use constantly.

Friend who has installed a lot pointed out benefits says they DO save elec, are quieter, and don't dry the sir so much because they don't get so cold.

Wife then suggests inverter to aircon man.

He says very expensive to repair do not recommend (does not give statistical breakdown!)

But friend who has many says his have run fault free for years except one which was no big deal to fix.

The argument continues.

Stick with Mitsubishi or Daikin. Your current one is too small for your room when it gets hot outside, 18,000 BTU should be good. If there is sun, maybe you can put window film to help keep the heat out. Adding a normal fan can help circulate the air around the room more to make it feel cooler too.

Avoid Samsung and LG due to the fact that sourcing for replacement parts will take a longer time and may cost more depending on the model.

Also avoid local brands like Central, they are noisy and don't last as long as Japan brands.

A couple people here have mentioned sun shades or window film to cut down on the heat transmission from outside to inside.

At my rented home, I've got a set of louvered kitchen windows that face the afternoon sun, and I was looking around for something I could do with them to shield the sun/cut the heat coming into our home.

Couldn't find anything I could use with louvered windows, So as a temporary measure, I ended up cutting and hanging some folding, foil-type car window sun shields I found at Tesco.

Anyone know of a better looking, more effective solution that would work for louvered windows and where to find it??? I looked, and couldn't even find any source for heat blocking/blackout type curtains....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I bought Panasonic and it is good. 22 000 THB for 18 000 BTU model.

Before I looked some Daikin model, but It was not so good. This did't have fast wind mode.

Errr, that would be called the "powerful" button on a Daikin - the one with the icon of the guy flexing his muscles. And, it lives up to it's name ;)

I find it vital to have ceiling fans running at low speed as well as an inverter air-con. The air-con on the lowest fan setting chills the air to around 27-28 degrees, which is what I want, and the fans move the air gently and silently around the whole of my condo providing a fairly uniform temperature throughout.

The end result is high comfort, low cost and no noise.

I originally bought 3 Daikin inverter units for my house but soon realized that very few "technicians' know how to service and repair the inverter units and that includes the so called authorized agents plus Daikin spare parts are very expensive. Stay well clear of Daikin or be prepared to have bad servicing along with hefty costs.

This is the best way to use aircon and ceiling fans (that are just stupid things moving hot air in the room if aircon is off).

When it's 35 outside 28 or 29 is perfect inside, but useless to try to explain this to the Thai...

I find it vital to have ceiling fans running at low speed as well as an inverter air-con. The air-con on the lowest fan setting chills the air to around 27-28 degrees, which is what I want, and the fans move the air gently and silently around the whole of my condo providing a fairly uniform temperature throughout.

Where do you live ?

Inverter is nothing complicated as the technology is so old, but people keep repeating this...

Why did you need a technician and how have you managed to repair if people do not know how ?

I originally bought 3 Daikin inverter units for my house but soon realized that very few "technicians' know how to service and repair the inverter units and that includes the so called authorized agents plus Daikin spare parts are very expensive. Stay well clear of Daikin or be prepared to have bad servicing along with hefty costs.

This is the best way to use aircon and ceiling fans (that are just stupid things moving hot air in the room if aircon is off).

When it's 35 outside 28 or 29 is perfect inside, but useless to try to explain this to the Thai...

Yes. People who installed for me air con. Used 22-24 every time. I asked why. And they think air con can more powerfull if you choose less number. Same as 20 - very cold and quick cold and power 29 - cold.. not quick... very bad ))

Really Thai people can not use inverter air-con. Because him did't stop here.

For my room inverter same not so good. Now I have 27 C. If I off my air con. After 3-5 min - 31-32 again. Hot season..

I asked shops closer to me. And they have multi split systems. Room 25 sqm - TWO 18 000 BTU air con.

I think my choice is normal. I can not buy expensive Mitsubishi Electric or Daikin, (low-end model 18 000 BTU is bad.. need to have middle-end) but I can buy middle-end Panasonic.

If any people want to order any air con closer to Nakhon Pathom or Supan Buri can message for me. I know good team:) All they keep free. If you need long pipe need keep 450 THB per 1 m pipe.

And it is so cheap. All companys want 800-900 THB per 1 m pipe and more money for install.

Where do you live ?

Inverter is nothing complicated as the technology is so old, but people keep repeating this...

Why did you need a technician and how have you managed to repair if people do not know how ?

Nothing too complected for you maybe but it certainly proved to be for many of the repairmen or "technicians" as they like to call themselves sometimes several visits each time on the mobile asking what to do next before the unit eventually gets repaired.

Then comes the high price of the spare parts as they are imported from Japan.

Much happier now using LG supplied and serviced by the local dealer and no repeat visits required.

A couple people here have mentioned sun shades or window film to cut down on the heat transmission from outside to inside.

At my rented home, I've got a set of louvered kitchen windows that face the afternoon sun, and I was looking around for something I could do with them to shield the sun/cut the heat coming into our home.

Couldn't find anything I could use with louvered windows, So as a temporary measure, I ended up cutting and hanging some folding, foil-type car window sun shields I found at Tesco.

Anyone know of a better looking, more effective solution that would work for louvered windows and where to find it??? I looked, and couldn't even find any source for heat blocking/blackout type curtains....

I think home improvement stores such as Homepro or Thai Watsadu has the window films.

Not sure where your rent, perhaps you can ask your landlord to stick the window films for you? It doesn't cost much and maybe you can complain that its too hot and you will probably move units after the lease is over to get them to do it.

Thanks... we rent what's pretty much a home, so we're not likely to be moving. And, we don't really have a landlord that does maintenance things, so we're on our own in that regard.

I don't even know if it's practical to do window film for louvered windows like those we have in the kitchen -- two different panes with eight louvers each.

I'm probably leaning more toward perhaps doing a pair of roll down blinds, hopefully with a heat blocking material. Relatively easy to mount the two rollers above the window, and just pull them down whenever desired.

But I'm still trying to figure out what's the most reasonable, economical, effective solution.