Calm and safe areas close to Skytrain

Friday99

HI all ,

Me and my gf plan to move to BKK for 3 month.

Places i lived before for some weeks is, Nana, Asok, Thonglor. And i dont like this places to stressful and the air is a pain in the ass.

My question is guys, anyone know a place close to skytrain (dont have to be sukhumvit road) with a calm feeling and ofc have to be safe place.

Thanks advance :-)

If you like peace and quiet why stay in the most chaotic and polluted area of the city?

You don't even mention the MRT train system (underground).

I suggest you look for something out near Chatuchak park or further from the centre.

No problem with safety as long as you're sensible.

Maybe you need to rent short-term first and get to know the nicer areas of Bangkok before you settle.

whistling.gif There are thousands of places you could live that meet those requirements in Bangkok...... but you might have to get 50 to 100meters off the main roads and down some small Soi to find such a place

Try some of those smaller hotels in the Japanese area near soi 39 off Sukhumvit only about 100 meters from the main Sukhumvit Road but you live in an area with trees and flowers all around you.

Or as someone else mentioned near the MRT..... as where I am typing this in a small residence not far from the Chinese embassy and fortune mall in Ratchada Asoke Dindaeng .

It is called Tanatawaney Places. It is within a little more than a 2 minute walk from an MRT, and the scenery is a garden setting with a small pool of Koi carp outside and trees and flowers all around me,

Less than 100 meters down a small soi off the main road. but spotlessly clean and kept looking like a garden area by a Chinese family who owns and runs the hotel/residence.

Bangkok has hundreds of these little gems if you just take the time to open your eyes and look for them.

24 hour security guard outside and limited access to living area, with it's own restaurant and small conven[ence store on first floor. Cold Beer to if your into that.

Quiet and safe.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

whistling.gif There are thousands of places you could live that meet those requirements in Bangkok...... but you might have to get 50 to 100meters off the main roads and down some small Soi to find such a place

Try some of those smaller hotels in the Japanese area near soi 39 off Sukhumvit only about 100 meters from the main Sukhumvit Road but you live in an area with trees and flowers all around you.

Or as someone else mentioned near the MRT..... as where I am typing this in a small residence not far from the Chinese embassy and fortune mall in Ratchada Asoke Dindaeng .

It is called Tanatawaney Places. It is within a little more than a 2 minute walk from an MRT, and the scenery is a garden setting with a small pool of Koi carp outside and trees and flowers all around me,

Less than 100 meters down a small soi off the main road. but spotlessly clean and kept looking like a garden area by a Chinese family who owns and runs the hotel/residence.

Bangkok has hundreds of these little gems if you just take the time to open your eyes and look for them.

24 hour security guard outside and limited access to living area, with it's own restaurant and small conven[ence store on first floor. Cold Beer to if your into that.

Quiet and safe.

--------------------

seriously

Just go to this URL and look

http://www.tanatawey.com/home

judge for yourself.

My wife and I live at Regent 4 at the back of the soi. Sukhumvit 85 rd. BTS On Nut. Very quiet here. There are 4 other apartment buildings in the area. We have two mini stores for drinks, stacks, and minor groceries. There are two ways to get to sukhumvit rd. Either way you can take a motorbike taxi (10฿) or walk. Sukhumvit 85 alley goes through a nice neighborhood,this way is a nice walk not too much traffic at all. Sukhumvit 81 is more commercialized. At BTS On Nut there's a Tesco there's also a Big C at sukhumvit 71 and some markets close by. From here to MO Chit on BTS is 42฿ just to give you an idea of BTS expense.

Samrong/ soi 109/ BTS Bearing was certainly quieter but was a little too quiet for me. Getting dinner for instance was a hassle.

Like someone else mentioned soi 85 around on nut could be ok. Keep MRT line and airport link in mind as well as it all connects together anyway.

If you don't need to be on the skytrain during rush hour, you might consider the other side of the river in Thonburi. Thonburi is not (yet) as crowded as along Sukhumvit and there are fewer western people in the area.

If you want someplace in the center of town, Suk Soi 8 is quite a quiet soi, once you get past the first two blocks in from the main road where Nana BTS is located.

The soi dead-ends at a waterway about 600 meters in, so there's limited traffic and noise. But close to Chuwit Park, Benjakitti Park, supermarkets, restaurants, etc etc.

Totally different vibe from the odd-numbered sois on the opposite site of the main road.